R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles Ca.
Posts: 949
Default 2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. will be hosting the 2009 RCX challenge again this year.
April 18,19 2009 at the Fairplex in Pomona Ca.

Air Age Publishng stated that the last year's event was great, the general public got to see what excitement and competetion onroad r/c racing brings, race personnel and drivers earned an A+ for putting on a good show. They have made some changes to accomidate the event even better this year.

Expanded Layout

Expanded pitspace

Dedicated frequencies for the race

Onsite parking (possibly free of charge), drivers will be able to load and unload from trackside and park in the vicinity.

Show passes for drivers, pitmen, & their guests, 140 driver's passes, 500 guest passes.

Air Age is also allowing 5 trackside 10x10 booths for any vendor wishing to promote their products at a signifigantly lower cost than inside booths. Interested folks...send me an email

Electricty will be provided by the Fairplex.

Looks like we are welcome back guys, sounds like even more fun this year, flyer coming soon!!
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
BigC2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Count me in , and that would be nice if they did something about the parking because they charge way to much for parking and way out the way.
BigC2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
aturbotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 610
Default

I hope the track is located somewhere else at the facility.Last year it was a few big jumps in the track. Sorry I missed the meeting Glenn I overslept.
__________________
Tony Thompson / Mugen Seiki USA / RC America / Airtronics / Flashpoint Fuel / Novarossi USA /Jgo paints / DeSoto Racing/ Murnan Modified Motors / Zac Project Tires / My Wife and Kids /
aturbotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SIMI VALLEY CA
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturbotony View Post
I hope the track is located somewhere else at the facility.Last year it was a few big jumps in the track. Sorry I missed the meeting Glenn I overslept.
+1
__________________
Mugen USA-FX Hobbies-Airtronics
TONY CLARK
STRICTLYSERPENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Zootcapri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

What classes are being run?
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles Ca.
Posts: 949
Default

Well, we do know that they are really trying to accomidate us as best they can. We can shift the track back and outwards, which would get us around a lot of those bumps an give us a little more room. The DUB crew and their semi will not be there this year so there is even more space,

Frank and I will take a run out there to also see if there is another area better suited for the raceas well, we have their permission.

So, we will see but I think their changes already will make it a lot better
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles Ca.
Posts: 949
Default

Just an update on 2009 RCX, went to the site last week and there is now a new asphalt lot in fron of the main exhibit hall...so new that when we saw it the edges were still sticky, the surface was still warm and the construction crews were packing up the rolling equipment.

Facilities operations as well as Airage think there will be no problem for us to use this lot for the race. The surface measures 285x95ft and is adjacenet to where we want driver parking inside the show. There will be a decision on this Friday afternoon, if we get this lot, the RCX race will be a full on full speed event.

I will keep U posted and hopefully, we will be able to distribute flyers this weekend at the club points series race. Here are some photos,...the lot is SWWWWEEEETTTT! keep your fingers crossed!!

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.-dsc00228.jpg   2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.-dsc00227.jpg   2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.-dsc00237.jpg  

Last edited by gwilli2001us; 03-17-2009 at 12:45 AM.
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Location and surface are both much improved, I might have to make this one.
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
Tech Regular
 
ray0221flux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilli2001us View Post
Just an update on 2009 RCX, went to the site last week and there is now a new asphalt lot in fron of the main exhibit hall...so new that when we saw it the edges were still sticky, the surface was still warm and the construction crews were packing up the rolling equipment.

Facilities operations as well as Airage think there will be no problem for us to use this lot for the race. The surface measures 285x95ft and is adjacenet to where we want driver parking inside the show. There will be a decision on this Friday afternoon, if we get this lot, the RCX race will be a full on full speed event.

I will keep U posted and hopefully, we will be able to distribute flyers this weekend at the club points series race. Here are some photos,...the lot is SWWWWEEEETTTT! keep your fingers crossed!!

Thanks!!

Don't forget the issues we had with the horsies!!
__________________
CONTRAST RACING
V SPEED ENGINES
DHC RACING
ABC HOBBY USA
MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS
ray0221flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Loveless's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Concrete vietnam
Posts: 453
Default

Sweeeeeet.
__________________
AIRTRONICS/KEVLAR R.D./MUGEN FUEL/PARMA, CENTRAL BODIES/MUGEN SEIKI/PICCO ENGINES/JP ENGINES/ BELTRANS WHEELS AND HOBBIES, KAMIKAZI RACING.

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow"...
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles Ca.
Posts: 949
Default

O.K., Here's the news. Met with RCX and Fairplex folks last Friday and the 2009 RCX Challenge will happen as follows:

Race is April 18, 19, 2009

*Entry fee - $40.00 / Class. additional class - $10.00

*Entry fee covers 2 day parking, race entry, show passes for drivers and guests

*Parking be allowed in lot #10 inside the RCX show, 100 yards from new asphalt

*The event WILL be held on the new asphalt posted on this thread

*Limited frequencies will be available but 2.4ghz/Spectrum is preferred

*Bleachers for spectators will be placed along the back straight

*There will be a food concessions stand trackside

*Pits will be allowed trackside

*Electricty will be provided by the Fairplex

Looks like this is shaping up to be a really good event, we learned a lot at last year's race, the club took drivers suggestions and brought them to the RCX/Fairplex folks and this is what we got, it's gonna be a good time & we hope the racers will support this event. It will let the public really see the full potential of racing class R/C cars. Flyer has to be approved and will be posted later this week!!

G.L.A.R.C.R.C.
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
BigC2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thats what am talking about !!!
__________________
BigC

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
BigC2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
sandfan85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beaumont, CA
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Glenn, what classes are running for this event? Is qualifing on one day and mains the next? Or is there some other format your going by? Is this just an exhibition? Trophys? T-shirts? Hats? Swag?
sandfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles Ca.
Posts: 949
Default

Classes running will be:
1/10 electric and nitro sedan
1/8 4wd open and G.T.
1/5 STC, F-1, and G.T.
R/C Superbike
1/5 Rallycross

Awards 1st - 3rd in all mains
Quals Saturday, Mains Sunday
Bump Ups in mains
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilli2001us View Post
O.K., Here's the news. Met with RCX and Fairplex folks last Friday and the 2009 RCX Challenge will happen as follows:

Race is April 18, 19, 2009

*Entry fee - $40.00 / Class. additional class - $10.00

*Entry fee covers 2 day parking, race entry, show passes for drivers and guests

*Parking be allowed in lot #10 inside the RCX show, 100 yards from new asphalt

*The event WILL be held on the new asphalt posted on this thread

*Limited frequencies will be available but 2.4ghz/Spectrum is preferred

*Bleachers for spectators will be placed along the back straight

*There will be a food concessions stand trackside

*Pits will be allowed trackside

*Electricty will be provided by the Fairplex

Looks like this is shaping up to be a really good event, we learned a lot at last year's race, the club took drivers suggestions and brought them to the RCX/Fairplex folks and this is what we got, it's gonna be a good time & we hope the racers will support this event. It will let the public really see the full potential of racing class R/C cars. Flyer has to be approved and will be posted later this week!!

G.L.A.R.C.R.C.
Thanks for the info Glenn.

Looking forward to downloading the Flyer for sign ups. See you in a few weeks.
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off Road Racing For 2009 Lucky13 Nitro Off-Road 8 01-02-2009 05:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:33 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net