Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

What? you mean like if you want a crap car you buy a Pro 3.......and if you want a crap expensive car you buy a Hara edition????? Thats cool!!!! I hope other manufacturers DON'T catch on to this...............
exactly !!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dtm

What? you mean like if you want a crap car you buy a Pro 3.......and if you want a crap expensive car you buy a Hara edition????? Thats cool!!!! I hope other manufacturers DON'T catch on to this...............

That is HARSH
Old 08-03-2002, 10:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

That is HARSH
Not entirely......I bought a Spec S Pro 3 when they first came out.....I know exactly how GOOD and how BAD they are.......I am speaking from experience!!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

I do understand that the stock HPI kits are ok, but when you want to make it competitive you got to stick tons of HOP-UPs just to make it decent, Thus my Super Nitro still sits on a bench with about 1,000 in hop ups
Old 08-03-2002, 08:13 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I do understand that the stock HPI kits are ok, but when you want to make it competitive you got to stick tons of HOP-UPs just to make it decent, Thus my Super Nitro still sits on a bench with about 1,000 in hop ups
Wise choice...stick with the V1!
Old 08-03-2002, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dtm

Wise choice...stick with the V1!

Old 08-04-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Clutch adjustment...

Hi,
I'm running the stock clutch on my V-1-R. I run my car on a small track and i cant make the gear to shift to 2nd gear the earlier the possible. I have loosen the clutch (spurs gear) to about 4.5-5 turns out from tighten, but the gear shift is late...the gear shifting timing seems the same when i loosen the 2 screws from 4 turns to 4.5 turns...should i loosen some more?

what is the range for setting these screws? (how many turns)

What's wrong here? Am i setting the clutch correctly?

When i try throttling the car off-ground, the gear shift is early and fast, but when run it on track, the gear shift timing is still slow and only kick in when i about to corner at the short straight. If i really want the gear to shift, i had to punch the throttle like crazy right from the short straight but almost lost control of the car...

Hope u guys can help me out...

Thanks...
Old 08-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Clutch adjustment...

Originally posted by RClover
Hi,
I'm running the stock clutch on my V-1-R. I run my car on a small track and i cant make the gear to shift to 2nd gear the earlier the possible. I have loosen the clutch (spurs gear) to about 4.5-5 turns out from tighten, but the gear shift is late...the gear shifting timing seems the same when i loosen the 2 screws from 4 turns to 4.5 turns...should i loosen some more?

When i try throttling the car off-ground, the gear shift is early and fast, but when run it on track, the gear shift timing is still slow and only kick in when i about to corner at the short straight. If i really want the gear to shift, i had to punch the throttle like crazy right from the short straight but almost lost control of the car...

Thanks...
2 Speed Adj

To make your 2 speed adjust earlier (YES) you have to lossen the screws, Just keep doing this in small incriments, untill you get the desired effect
Old 08-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Clutch adjustment...

Hi,

Thanks...
the problem is with the engine clutch but not the 2speed clutch. the stock clutch is too soft and the car wouldnt have enough punch to let the 2speed engage.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Clutch adjustment...

Originally posted by Manticore

the problem is with the engine clutch but not the 2speed clutch. the stock clutch is too soft and the car wouldnt have enough punch to let the 2speed engage.
Another thing could be a rich low end on the engine...this kills the initial torque really badly..often enough not to have the 2nd speed. I hope you are adjusting BOTH screws by the same amount? and there is no grease on the clutch (both engine and 2 speed?).........You could also try a smaller pininion 1st gear....or larger spur gear....just a few options up your sleeve.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

Lightened Flywheel Question
hi guys .. ive got a few questions for the techies out there ..
- does a lighter flywheel gives more acceleration ?
- does a lighter flywheel decrease topend speed ?
- to anyone who uses a low cg flywheel - how many grams does
the flywheel weigh ??

ive got an rb x12t on a v1rr and it gives a lot of punch but would like to use a 18 22 pinion on it but dont want to loose too much
of the punch .. i was thinking of lightening my flywheel to
compensate for the loss by using such a gear ratio .. any
comment suggestions or violent reactions would be appreciated

TIA
Old 08-05-2002, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Clutch adjustment...

Originally posted by dtm

Another thing could be a rich low end on the engine...this kills the initial torque really badly..often enough not to have the 2nd speed. I hope you are adjusting BOTH screws by the same amount? and there is no grease on the clutch (both engine and 2 speed?).........You could also try a smaller pininion 1st gear....or larger spur gear....just a few options up your sleeve.
Hi everybody,
Thanks for u guys' response...appreciate that. Just dismantled the spur gears and clutch for inspection. Discovered that the inner metal housing of 2nd spur gear (44T) had 3 - 4 deep cratches causing the metal surface uneven. This, i guess is the problem as the 2-speed clutch may have lost its efficiency due to the uneveness of contact patch between the 2nd spur gear metal housing and the clutch.
I recalled when i first break-in my RBX12 engine, i could have over-tighten the 2 clutch screws (to prevent it from engaging to 2nd gear) and causing the screws protruding out from the clutch and touched the 2nd spur gear metal housing, leaving deep scratches on it...
Have it replaced and gonna try tomorrow if it shift the way i want it...
cheers mates...
Old 08-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Clutch adjustment...

Hi everybody,
Thanks for u guys' response...appreciate that. Just dismantled the spur gears and clutch for inspection. Discovered that the inner metal housing of 2nd spur gear (44T) had 3 - 4 deep cratches causing the metal surface uneven. This, i guess is the problem as the 2-speed clutch may have lost its efficiency due to the uneveness of contact patch between the 2nd spur gear metal housing and the clutch.
I recalled when i first break-in my RBX12 engine, i could have over-tighten the 2 clutch screws (to prevent it from engaging to 2nd gear) and causing the screws protruding out from the clutch and touched the 2nd spur gear metal housing, leaving deep scratches on it...
Have it replaced and gonna try tomorrow if it shift the way i want it...
cheers mates...
Perhaps you could also change to harder springs on your stock clutch...
Old 08-05-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Belts

I have a question for any V1R or RR owner. My question is, are the belts that kyosho uses for the two cars kevlar belts? Do they last for a while? I have a Reflex and I want a better belt, I was told that the kyosho is better.

My second question is does anyone have part numbers and prices for the 3 stock belts. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Belts

Originally posted by JPHRacer
I have a question for any V1R or RR owner. My question is, are the belts that kyosho uses for the two cars kevlar belts? Do they last for a while? I have a Reflex and I want a better belt, I was told that the kyosho is better.

My second question is does anyone have part numbers and prices for the 3 stock belts. Thanks.
The belt used in R and RR are not the same. RR uses so called rubber belts code name SP belts whereas R uses kevlar belts.
Kevlar belt in R are stronger and more lasting but will not be as smooth as the SP belts in RR.

The Sp belts in RR are softer (elastic), thus providing the smoothness drivetrain throughout especially so when running alu pullies or stock RR graphite pullies...

One thing though, the RR middle belt is shorter at 375 whereas the R is longer like 378 or something...as the RR middle side pulley is an overdrive at 25T which is designed to be used in conjunction with the 375 SP belts...

Not sure if these belts fit your Reflex...u gotta try it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.