Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TB02 and a Epic? Gearing help (newbe)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 01:27 AM
MDL
Tech Adept

Default TB02 and a Epic? Gearing help (newbe)

Hey guys,

I have got 2 TB02 and i got the second to do some up a little. I brought a epic Ep1112 stock motor. I was talking to the guy at the hobby shop and said that i should be able to gear it up to max. I have and it's getting hot? what would you guys recommend? by the way i have a Futaba Mc330 speedy.

Please help as i brought want to blow the motor. I am running a 55T and a 23T pinion.

Ta MDL
Old 11-05-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

MDL,

Your gearing is about right, but it does depend on the size of the track u are using. If your on a track with a long straight and sweeping corners then you need to go up in gearing. If its a realy big track then go for 25/55. If however your track is on the smaler size go for 22/55.
Now since i gather that you are a beginner (no offence) i would go for the lower gearing anyway. The idea behind this is that you still make a lot of mistakes wich slow your car down. This means that you need to accelerate more then the "better" drivers among us, thus your motor needs to do more work.
Now if a motor is "hot" doesn't always mean that there is something wrong. Current day stocks are made to be used with the newer high cappacity packs so ampdraw is no longer an issue. With higher ampdraws however more heat is generated thus making your motor hot.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:17 AM
MDL
Tech Adept

Hardriven RC

thanks for the help, I thought you where going to say somthing like that. I think that i will gear it a bit lower as I can see that i am going to have some issues with the speed. I can handle it well don't get me wrong. But i put this against a car, it does 60km a hour! That's fast!

The track that i am going to be racing on monday on is a roller skate track. I think that it's going to be a oval i hope. I have a set of race tyers that I spoke to the hobby shop about. I just hope that they will stay on there.

MDL
Old 11-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Glue the tires with a spot of CA. That will save you a lot of grief.

BTW, us "seasoned" drivers should do more to help newcommers to our hobby, if only to ensure that we have more competitors at futere races.

Regards
Old 11-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Toowoomba

Australia?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:21 AM
MDL
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Toowoomba

Australia?
you know australia? Aussie aussie aussie
Old 11-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

No, sorry mate. I'm from Belgium Europe myself. Never been to Australia, only know it from tv.