Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:20 AM

Smile

Car pic

Last edited by bbntc3; 01-30-2004 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default BBNTC - ? on Pipes

Originally posted by bbntc3
Pipes

Hope you can help me with this one. What is the difference between the RD Logics one piece regular pipe and the turbo? Is it only that the stinger inside diameter is larger or is there something going on with the pipe internals?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:16 PM

I thought it was stinger I.D. and or the stinger length. Nothing diff inside the pipe.

Last edited by bbntc3; 01-30-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

BB, only the top quarter of your picture got attached.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:24 PM

Yea having trouble with pics, says file to big. I'll work on it. The car is sweeeeet!
Old 01-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Would like to see it when you get it downsized. Glad to see your still racing the ntc3. I don't plan on jumping ship anytime soon. The car still competes well stock.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Is it springtime yet? Since it's so cold here in the northeast there's no outdoor racing. I'm itching to run some nitro again. I've got it so bad that I fired up my NTC3 in the garage (for a couple seconds) to get that nitro smell. I'm fiending for some nitro action. I can feel the NitroMaDnEsS coming on!!!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: BBNTC - ? on Pipes

Originally posted by johnsoa
Hope you can help me with this one. What is the difference between the RD Logics one piece regular pipe and the turbo? Is it only that the stinger inside diameter is larger or is there something going on with the pipe internals?
From what I have been told is the chamber is different internally as well as others have pointed out, the stinger is different.

I have run several different makes of pipes on my nitro motors and have always went straight back to the RD Logics. The RD Logics Turbo pipes, in my personal experience, seem to hit harder (which can be a bad thing to some drivers) and allow the motor to get on the pipe sooner and rev out much farther than other pipes I have tested. If you don't want an agressive transition from mid to top, use their standard pipe. Still has the same bottom end bark, but the transition is smoother. Personally I like an agressive hit and a car that car jump out 10 feet instantly when I need to.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

factory team version is now ou t, with a new rear suspension set up , go to www.rc10.com to see it
Old 01-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

AE have just introduce their New Factory Team NTC 3 with the following modifications.

The Factory Team NTC3 kit features a revised rear suspension with a more secure system of rear toe-in adjustment via the two horizontal pivot balls on the redesigned rear hub carrier. A new outboard vertical ballstud offers a wider range of adjustability with more roll center and camber gain options. The rear suspension also now accepts the blade-style anti-roll bar
as used on the front suspension. This style of anti-roll bar is much
stiffer than the standard wire-type roll bar setup, and can be easily adjusted while mounted on the car.

The NTC3's shoe-type two-speed transmission has also been revised to offer a finer range of adjustability, and more positive shifting. This new "Sure-Shift" transmission now comes with the racing team's favorite gearing combination, a lower 6.43:1 first gear for more low-end punch out of the corners, and a higher 4.44:1 second gear for blistering top speeds.

Of course, no internationally-raced pro-level touring car would be
properly equipped without a dual-chambered tuned pipe, so the Factory Team NTC3 comes with our race-proven dual-chambered pipThe Factory Team NTC3 is also loaded with over $200 of pro-level Factory Team options . Factory-blue titanium turnbuckles, threaded aluminum shock bodies, aluminum wheel-hex hubs ... and more! It also includes the full range of molded graphite chassis components, and a distinctive hard-anodized, black aluminum chassis, making the Nitro TC3 Factory Team an
outstanding value for less than the price of many other anufacturer's "standard" kits. Our heavy-duty Factory Team front one-way is included, which is our racing team's standard setup for greatly increasing the NTC3's corner speed carrying capability.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

About time they stepped up! That was really the only part that was lacking was NOT using the double pivotball set-up like all the rest of the top level cars.

You can be sure my order will be going in for all the parts to convert my BMI NTC3

Thanks for the info, but AE needs to make a bigger deal about it! You really have to hunt to find the new info and images.

Now if there stock chassis only looked like this:
Old 01-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

The car looks good but why would we want to change to a higher center of gravity chassis since the steering servo is standing up now?
Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

why did AE decide to move to the double lower pivot ball setup? what are the advantages? is there a reason that they can't have three? two lower, and one upper for camber?
Old 01-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

The car looks good but why would we want to change to a higher center of gravity chassis since the steering servo is standing up now?
How do you figure it has a higher center of gravity? Everything, including some of the heaviest components are carried lower, in relation to the centerline of the driveshaft than the stock tub. The only item outstanding is the steering servo.

The little amount of weight with that servo being upright, versus the benefits of better geometry and steering accuracy along with the ultra stiff, non-torque steering chassis is a small price to pay. Besides, 99.5% of the drivers on this board would never noticed a change in cg. They would however notice the lack torque steer and torsional twist inherent in the stock tub when you have a good motor on board and a well planted car.

Don't be scared of that steering servo, ever look at the steering servo in the popular Serpents? Reflexs? V One RRs? Same deal there.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: BBNTC - ? on Pipes

Originally posted by RC_Seller
From what I have been told is the chamber is different internally as well as others have pointed out, the stinger is different.

I have run several different makes of pipes on my nitro motors and have always went straight back to the RD Logics. The RD Logics Turbo pipes, in my personal experience, seem to hit harder (which can be a bad thing to some drivers) and allow the motor to get on the pipe sooner and rev out much farther than other pipes I have tested. If you don't want an agressive transition from mid to top, use their standard pipe. Still has the same bottom end bark, but the transition is smoother. Personally I like an agressive hit and a car that car jump out 10 feet instantly when I need to.
Thanks. I have been curious about the differences. I currently run the AE dual chamber pipe and am considering trying the RD this race season. I know the stinger inside diameter is larger on the turbo and would really like to see what is going on with the internals.

GOOD LOOKING CAR!!! I agree, AE should make a little more noise about the re-design. I likewise will have my order in for the rear components and the new 2-speed.

Flash,
I feel you... Really need to get outside... This cold weather and snow is causing me some real grief...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.