Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
TryHard, are you thinking about trying the adjustable toe in the rear like the SST and Axis cars of old.... Seems like several of the other manufacturers are going that route.
I cannot possibly comment... I would be excommunicated!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Have to say.. This really is how to do a launch right. Info up, and cars in people's hands ASAP, plus the spares and options are there too. Bravo to Schumacher
(FYI, mine will be here next week, damn being on the opposite side of the world! )
Tuesday in Brisbane - not too bad less than a week from announcement - you coming for it Tuesday ?
Old 06-14-2014, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by heavy
Tuesday in Brisbane - not too bad less than a week from announcement - you coming for it Tuesday ?
I think I'll get you to express it up the hill... sent you a text
Old 06-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Shocks

Were the leaking stock O rings fixed or are they the same? Does this kit require the option part to balance side to side with pins like the old kit? I know these are both minor details!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
I'm in on the order also Brad!
Sweet! Mine arrives Monday, thank you Phil!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

hell yea got a dialed setup worked out on my mi5 mod car today and it was so good I have decided to exchange the t4 14 I have coming in the mail for the new EVO !!! cant wait. this car is badass! just so everyone knows phil says he should have most of the parts for the evo as well!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:49 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
hell yea got a dialed setup worked out on my mi5 mod car today and it was so good I have decided to exchange the t4 14 I have coming in the mail for the new EVO !!! cant wait. this car is badass! just so everyone knows phil says he should have most of the parts for the evo as well!
Hey Jeff
your Mi5 is awesome and super fast .. are you sure it wasn't you instead of the car ?
Old 06-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey Jeff
your Mi5 is awesome and super fast .. are you sure it wasn't you instead of the car ?
Well post up the setup then Jeff, share the wealth...
Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Well post up the setup then Jeff, share the wealth...
will do later tonight when I have some time.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

... Does this kit require the option part to balance side to side with pins like the old kit? I know these are both minor details!
. if I understand correctly, it will use the same U3582 balance pivot as with the previous chassis' .. included a pic of the new chassis

Originally Posted by BardSmith
Sweet! Mine arrives Monday, thank you Phil!
.. no problem..!

... just so everyone knows phil says he should have most of the parts for the evo as well!
.. *IF* UPS cooperates ..

..p
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-chassis.jpg  
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, it arrived, it's build, and I had my first outing today. This car is just AWESOME! Better corner speed, better left to right transition.

Also the ackermann angle is way better, and now the steering feel is really good. It's better at corner entry and mid corner. Kit set-up felt really well, but lacked a little bit on-power steering, luckily that's just set-up.
I really liked the different ackerman and steering feeling. This made the car a lot better, combined with the faster reation!

Need to look after the elecs again. This is just out of my Mi5 to my Mi5 evo. wires are a bit long.

Were the leaking stock O rings fixed or are they the same? Does this kit require the option part to balance side to side with pins like the old kit? I know these are both minor details!
No old Mi5 arms will fit the new Mi5 Evo. Also the old front plastics won't fit. Front arms won't fit the rear!

Leaky shocks are not leaking. You can adjust the o-ring pressure like Ed described in his blog. Schumi has copied this quite well.

The car has like NO play and feels really free. nice to have the arms play free.

The car is around 40 grams lighter then the Mi5! That's really nice.

Hop-ups I bought are sway bars and different toe-in rear arms.

The car is really quite well balanced. I had a 4 grams different between left and right

Regards Robert
Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

I cant seem to be able to post a pdf of my setup it says the file size is too large? any ideas??
Old 06-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

I cant seem to be able to post a pdf of my setup it says the file size is too large? any ideas??
try printing the pdf as a pdf.. removes all the editable parts, and compresses the file smaller. Also use the Petit RC lite editable sheet, as that is also a smaller file size.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

so from what i can see looking at the pics of the EVO it states that the shocks are shorter but from the pics it looks like from end to end they are about the same length but the ball cup style cap is longer so the weight of all the oil and shock body sit lower in comparison to the mi5. kinda smart. im looking at the mounting positions and noticed that the evo shock caps are no lower than the current mi5 mounting positions .
Old 06-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

try printing the pdf as a pdf.. removes all the editable parts, and compresses the file smaller. Also use the Petit RC lite editable sheet, as that is also a smaller file size.
that is exactly what i did but it is still 1.2 mb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.