Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by barg
Are you using the steel crown gears? I bought some recently and they are absolute rubbish. I bought 4 sets at $25 a set and they are only the 2 main crown gears.

Well I ran these at our recent nationals and munched through 4 diffs as they do not mesh properly with the old small bevel gears.

I just got the hard diff cases this week and spent 2 nights trying to build a decent diff. The steel gears just wouldnt work no matter what I tried.

I eventually built the diff with all of the original internals and shimming to get it to be smooth.

I have yet to run the diff yet so I dont know if it will hold up but I have to say after running Kyosho for the last 10 years I am so over the rubbish they have bought out with this car.

If I have diff issues again this weekend I will be selling the lot and moving to a more reliable brand.
If you use hard diff case with steel crown gears and standard new small bevel gears you will absolutely have no problem. I run this diff about 7-8 liters and still are in a very good condition! Also you must put standard shim that came with standard gear set.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by peteR4
If you use hard diff case with steel crown gears and standard new small bevel gears you will absolutely have no problem. I run this diff about 7-8 liters and still are in a very good condition! Also you must put standard shim that came with standard gear set.
Are you talking about using VZW412 on rear diff, correct? Is the front diff OK?
I'm still waiting to receive the kit, then if I correctly understood the first suggestion (almost compulsory) is to replace standard case of rear diff with vzw412, correct?

I read all of this thread and this seems the main issue to fix, other suggestion?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rubio
Are you talking about using VZW412 on rear diff, correct? Is the front diff OK?
I'm still waiting to receive the kit, then if I correctly understood the first suggestion (almost compulsory) is to replace standard case of rear diff with vzw412, correct?

I read all of this thread and this seems the main issue to fix, other suggestion?
Front diff hasn't any issue from beggining.

If you don't want to replace kit's diff case then shim it with one more shim to both sides and wou will be ok.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nikoskar
Front diff hasn't any issue from beggining.

If you don't want to replace kit's diff case then shim it with one more shim to both sides and wou will be ok.
Need hard case diff. Problem was also from diff case because it was very soft and when diff pushed the gap between gears opened...
Old 11-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Need hard case diff. Problem was also from diff case because it was very soft and when diff pushed the gap between gears opened...
Althought i have the hard front diff case i am using kit's front diff till today without any issues. (But will change to hard in future)
Old 11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
LCM
Tech Initiate

Hello everybody, Hello Barg:
I´m using standard pieces into the hard rear diff case. In the front diff, i haven´t had any issue whith standard parts, but i also use standard gears whith standard shimming whith hard cases. But only because i was given a set of both, front and rear hard cases, other way i would be using only the rear one.
Good luck.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys...I receive the hard case for diff... I never had a problem with the old ones since I bought the car in june... but all the coments make me insecure...so I bought the hard case...Now I'm building up the rear diff with the hard case... but I can't shim it properlly... can you tell me what shims did you use in your rear diff... with the standar case I used 0.3 mm shim on the diff case where you fill with oil and a 0.15 mm shim in the cover plate of the diff...
Thanks for help!!
P.D: If I don't use shims, the diff has play in the outdrives...
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TomasRC
Hey guys...I receive the hard case for diff... I never had a problem with the old ones since I bought the car in june... but all the coments make me insecure...so I bought the hard case...Now I'm building up the rear diff with the hard case... but I can't shim it properlly... can you tell me what shims did you use in your rear diff... with the standar case I used 0.3 mm shim on the diff case where you fill with oil and a 0.15 mm shim in the cover plate of the diff...
Thanks for help!!
P.D: If I don't use shims, the diff has play in the outdrives...
My diff with original shims works perfect. I use hard case and steel gears. You must tight the cap good and see how it works. If everything is new maybe have a little tight diff but after some laps will work perfct.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

My diff with original shims works perfect. I use hard case and steel gears. You must tight the cap good and see how it works. If everything is new maybe have a little tight diff but after some laps will work perfct.
Yes, is a little feeling of rusty...I use the standar gears... ok... I will try... thanks!!!..
This weekend is the final stage of the national championship of chile... I'm in second place... surelly with R4 I will be the new national champ!!!...
Old 11-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, is a little feeling of rusty...I use the standar gears... ok... I will try... thanks!!!..
This weekend is the final stage of the national championship of chile... I'm in second place... surelly with R4 I will be the new national champ!!!...
And dont forget to change diff oils often than RRR.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Niko?can you weight your r4 diffs ready to run(without bearings) for me please?or any one else?
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Put a .3mm shim in addition to the provided spacers in the rear diff cup. Diff cup being the key word. That solves the gear mesh in the rear diff. The front diff is shimmed appropriately.

Lower the servo by 2.5mm and move it as close to the center of the chassis as possible. Use a normal servo horn and the steering travel will be correct.

The tank is mounted with too much vibration for proper pit stops (erupts fuel when pitting), so dremel the tank slightly so it's clear of the carry handle (roll bar). This tank is mounted on 3 points, make sure the tank is fitted loosely to the radio tray (enlarge the tanks holes slightly).
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nikoskar
And dont forget to change diff oils often than RRR.
Hey guys!!! guess what?...R4 win the Chilean National Championship!!!...Six Stages!!!...I'm the National Champion!!!!...yeah yeah!!!
Thanks guys for all helpfull tips!!!...

Now I'm trying to achieve the Copa del Pacifico Challenge in Peru... on march... so I'm preparing for that!!!

Kyosho R4 rules!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys!!! guess what?...R4 win the Chilean National Championship!!!...Six Stages!!!...I'm the National Champion!!!!...yeah yeah!!!

Now I'm trying to achieve the Copa del Pacifico Challenge in Peru... on march... so I'm preparing for that!!!

Kyosho R4 rules!!!
gongrats good job!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Kyosho R4 rules!!!
Congratulations Tomas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.