Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro fuel is like fish.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think what Cvdiver is saying is that it is not "blowing" in hot air just building pressure. If you blow into a straw and have your finger on the end, you are not blowing hot air over your finger, just creating pressure in the tube.

That dense air is then moving very slowly as the fuel is reduced from the tank.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

correct the vent line just pressurizes the tank.. it is not constantly lowing hot air on the fuel
Old 12-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

hey guys, here's a thought. this is aimed more towars truggys or MTs that have rhe extra room to spare.

what if you design some sort of radiator system, like an intercooler, that will cool the exaust air. then make a radiator for the feul. the only real problem i could see would be losing exhaust pressure...

or hell ,to save time and space, just put a cooler in between the engine and the tank. who cares how hot it is in the tank. we are talkin by the time it gets into the engine.

im gonna work on that.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

good luck let us know what you figure out
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

will do
Old 12-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Heres one thing most overlook if you going to cool your fuel. Then you have to keep it cold all the time at the track and at home. Let it warm up then cool it again makes it draw moisture. It will also draw moisture through the plastic bottle. I wonder on what it does to the tuning as it warms up

After you fuel it it will warm up fast drawing heat from the exhaust and chassis. Just not worth it too me just makes one more thing to deal with at the track.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Euhmmmmmm just an brainiac moment .....

Cooler alcohol is worse to burn ..... ever tryed to lighten an glass of sambucca when the bottle just left the fridge? Well ... it's hard to do i noticed last christmas.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah lets put a DPF on the damn thing.I crashed the copter but it wasn't broken very much at first.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

This is just my .02 but, why create a difference in the temp of the fuel? It will get hot once it hits the tank. All this will do is create a variable to deal with. Your best bet is to keep it out of the sun in a shaded area covered up with a rag. Installing all these little "gadgets" will only increase your chances of failure or DNF's. As mentioned in a previous post, it's not good to make the fuel change temp by cooling it down, all this will do is introduce moisture and yes, moisture will leach through the plastic bottles without a doubt. You can test this by cooling a plastic jug of fuel then set it out in the heat, not sun, in time you'll see beads of moisture all over the top. Better yet, nuke your leftovers and you'll have water pouring off the lid when you flip it open. That water wasn't there when you started heating up the leftovers. Trust me, cooling the fuel in a cooler will only lead to more problems. Keep it ambient temp and worry about getting more practice.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Yeah lets put a DPF on the damn thing.I crashed the copter but it wasn't broken very much at first.
DPF . Please don't say that too loud California may pass more new laws. We have pollution controls on our R/C . Just like the new laws they just passed on for all diesel engines all years.

Lets not talk about them I have to deal with them. I'm sick of doing EPA 07 Cat product updates. Theres a reason why Cummins out sell Cat in the truck market now.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Anybody ever try and measure the temp of the exhaust air? I can hold my finger a bit away from the stinger all day long and just end up with a oily finger. The pipe is hot yes, but how warm is the air coming out of it really? I'd say the heat off the pipe would keep the fuel warmer than the pressure line like somebody already said. Just something to think about.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i measred mine exhaust tempat 128 in the pipe???
Old 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The real way to check how much of a difference the pressure coming from the pipe makes in temperature is to measure the temp after you fuel your car. The run it for maybe half a tank, and check the fuel temp again. My bet is that it doesn't change the temp much, maybe a couple of degrees at most.

I would suggest people spend more time driving and improving their skills, than trying to get time out of some gadget. The best method to get more time out of a tank is better throttle control.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cvdiver
The real way to check how much of a difference the pressure coming from the pipe makes in temperature is to measure the temp after you fuel your car. The run it for maybe half a tank, and check the fuel temp again. My bet is that it doesn't change the temp much, maybe a couple of degrees at most.

I would suggest people spend more time driving and improving their skills, than trying to get time out of some gadget. The best method to get more time out of a tank is better throttle control.
+1 for the bottom half..
Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Here is another thought, do not worry about the temp and just race your car, chances are it wont matter a darn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.