Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Is the Team Magic G4S still competitive? >

Is the Team Magic G4S still competitive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the Team Magic G4S still competitive?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Is the Team Magic G4S still competitive?

I picked up one cheap from a friend in asia. Should I just sell it or should I run it? Locally everyone runs Xrays and Mugens, cuz that's what the local shops push. I wanted something a little different. Please help me decide. The last time I ran a nitro touring car was at the 1996 Roar Canadian Nationals where the HPI RS4 was the shizzil!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

apart from parts support issue and what car mostly ppl ran in your area , the g4s is very competitive......no i do not drive a g4s.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcabj
apart from parts support issue and what car mostly ppl ran in your area , the g4s is very competitive......no i do not drive a g4s.
Parts support is ok. I found a place in U.S. that has full parts support. Plus my friend is sending me some spares for the parts that mostly break.

Engine + etc....is it as fast as the Xrays and Mugen?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

didnt the G4S just win the korean kyosho cup??? i have never had a problem getting parts easily available in the USA and Hong Kong.
cheers
Old 10-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bimmerpimp
Parts support is ok. I found a place in U.S. that has full parts support. Plus my friend is sending me some spares for the parts that mostly break.

Engine + etc....is it as fast as the Xrays and Mugen?
1. i think all these cars r fast
2. but depends on setups, motor and the driver
Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The G4 line is more competitive now than it ever has been. the good thing is you can add on any options from Team Magic or K-Factory that you want to suit the circuit you race on. My G4S still holds the 5 min qualifying record at our track.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

the G4S is a good car and is quite competive...i own 2.....
Old 10-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bimmerpimp
I picked up one cheap from a friend in asia. Should I just sell it or should I run it? Locally everyone runs Xrays and Mugens, cuz that's what the local shops push. I wanted something a little different. Please help me decide. The last time I ran a nitro touring car was at the 1996 Roar Canadian Nationals where the HPI RS4 was the shizzil!!!
yes.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

any car can be competitive!

with the right setup and engine, driver will be the deciding factor...
Old 10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I do not own or have not owned a Team Magic G4s... But I have worked on them (mechanic wise). To be honest, I prefer working on my MTX-4. Its easier to disassemble/assemble for cleaning or replacing something broken or worn. My honest suggestion is... If your track has alot of Mugens/Xrays and your LHS pushes those brands, go with it. You may have the best car with the best hopups, but if you cannot find a right setup line, you will never get full potential. If you like spending alot of hours at the track trying new setups and tweaks then I suggest go with the G4S as long as you can get parts for it. But the main advantage of owning a car that everyone else does is: 1)You can ask tips/setup hints from other racers, 2)You can buy stuff from your LHS without having to wait shipping time, 3) Someone can probably temporarily help you with a part of the car that you broke that you dont have.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I do not own or have not owned a Team Magic G4s... But I have worked on them (mechanic wise). To be honest, I prefer working on my MTX-4. Its easier to disassemble/assemble for cleaning or replacing something broken or worn. My honest suggestion is... If your track has alot of Mugens/Xrays and your LHS pushes those brands, go with it. You may have the best car with the best hopups, but if you cannot find a right setup line, you will never get full potential. If you like spending alot of hours at the track trying new setups and tweaks then I suggest go with the G4S as long as you can get parts for it. But the main advantage of owning a car that everyone else does is: 1)You can ask tips/setup hints from other racers, 2)You can buy stuff from your LHS without having to wait shipping time, 3) Someone can probably temporarily help you with a part of the car that you broke that you dont have.
good point there