Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
yes, I have heard a couple people having that problem in 1 cell. a rx pack fix both issues I have heard about. also it maybe your setup. I would think that if your setup require a lot of torque or too much timing too soon, then you are asking the motor to do something it can't so it draw soo many amps that your booster is shutting down
I had this same issue as well. Running mid on the boost timming 45 with 15 on the turbo, rpm from 764 - 4505, with turbo ramp on 2. Track is fairly small 30x70. Yang, gotta wonder if that's why the AE BD esc usese a receiver pack right to the ESC in a 1s application? I wonder if the booster is able to deal with the amp draw that the new 203 software is putting on the battery? Needless to say I've gone to a receiver pack and I'm having no issues now.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
I had this same issue as well. Running mid on the boost timming 45 with 15 on the turbo, rpm from 764 - 4505, with turbo ramp on 2. Track is fairly small 30x70. Yang, gotta wonder if that's why the AE BD esc usese a receiver pack right to the ESC in a 1s application? I wonder if the booster is able to deal with the amp draw that the new 203 software is putting on the battery? Needless to say I've gone to a receiver pack and I'm having no issues now.
lol, how did you know i was talking bout you norcal boys?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH
Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
I don't have a problem with that

I have been emailed the link and downloaded the zip file

But when I run it I just get what seems to be the older version

I'm running xp, is there a hidden file that I need to remove
like with vista?
I have an XP system. Is your download file the 4_0_0 zip file? I first did the uninstall of my old Tekin software from my control panel. Once you open the zip file, I followed the steps on the guide. I believe you have to run the setup.bat file first, then run the setup.exe file. Mine loaded the first time with no extra files to remove or any problems operating the software.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH

I knew someone would do it...that's too bad for you guys.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Team Tekin

Too Funny! Can't really buy advertising that good It is a problem for spec classes right now and being discussed by promoters, ROAR and manufacturers. Given the choice of being a little slower and going broke or being a little faster and causing controversy, we will take the latter. At least they are only limiting the software and not outlawing the esc completely.

Do they allow the AE or the Green?

Please recall that Blue really started the timing game, others improved on it and we are just perfecting it

Tekin
Old 01-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
To all:

Opinions please....
MH
In my honest opinion, this is an extremely poor decision. Last time I checked 1/12 is not a full spec class. What are they going to do when novak and lrp comes out with an esc to compete? The fact of the matter is there is always going to new ways to make the class faster. Please let us know what the name of the track is so we can check it off the list of tracks to race at when we travel.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Too Funny! Can't really buy advertising that good It is a problem for spec classes right now and being discussed by promoters, ROAR and manufacturers. Given the choice of being a little slower and going broke or being a little faster and causing controversy, we will take the latter. At least they are only limiting the software and not outlawing the esc completely.

Please recall that Blue really started the timing game, others improved on it and we are just perfecting it

Tekin
too funny.

jim, wish i were a fly on the wall at tekin monday morning. when you tell the boys "guys you've done too good of a job and our software after the long weekend has been baned already at some tracks and national events"
how great would that be to see the look on their faces?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WIITA
In my honest opinion, this is an extremely poor decision. Last time I checked 1/12 is not a full spec class. What are they going to do when novak and lrp comes out with an esc to compete? The fact of the matter is there is always going to new ways to make the class faster. Please let us know what the name of the track is so we can check it off the list of tracks to race at when we travel.
I'm with you here. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Tekin owner/supporter but the Novak Kinetic will be shipping soon. That will be the "orange" attempt at offering a similar product to the RS system. Banning products that are on the cutting edge is a major mis-step. Our guys are on the ball. Soon, others will be competitively close, maybe. Tracks can't get in the business of banning the leader without banning all that follow. Likewise, how can they ban one until everybody tries to catch up, then un-ban?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tekin
What Jim says is absolutely right. We had one or two guys with "Green" speed controls just smoking everyone down the straight.

Our track owner got in 5 Tekin RS's and since everyone saw the Green speed controls, a bunch of guys ordered them. The track owner was seriously worried that he'd be sitting on those RS's for some time.

V203 came out and all 5 were sold on the same day.....It helped that Tekin got the software out before Green could ship their ESC's. They pushed back their ship dates two or three times and now their back orders are drying up!

Tekin has the right plan.....You don't have to worry about buying the ESC of the week. Buy the RS and you can be sure that it will always be competitive.....updatable Firmware....That's the ticket!!

Banning the software is simply ridiculous.....If it were to be banned it should have started with the "Blue". Since they were allowed...it really is anything goes, otherwise....it's going to be "SPEC" speed controls....no one wants that.....
Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Guys
I run 1/12 scale and before our nationals last year, im from Oz, I started using the Tekin to ensure runtime using 3.5bl and 1c lipo on a big track and I must say I was more than happy.
We run 10.5 at our local track which is Boral coat concrete, there are only 1 or 2 tracks here carpet so we run on bitumen or Boral coat concrete, and tried to run v203 software in my RS Pro and it cogged and spluttered and cost me any chance of the final win. When I flashed it back to 200 it was fine any ideas? Only my wife thinks I am stupid so I don't think that is all of the issue.
Regards
Brett
Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Here's some tip on finding the right setup for your motor.

First of all, forget turbo. Makes it more confusing and harder to figure out whats doing what.

Second of all, you will need to figure out at what rpm does your motor start to lose torque without any added software timing. This is exactly the rpm the esc should start advancing timing. To do this, start at around 8,000rpm or so and go down 1,000 or 500 rpm at a time until the best acceleration rate is found. The end rpm while doing this should be set at about 20-30k depending on motor wind with lower winds at the higher rpm range.

Third is the tricky part. Some motors loves to rev till the heavens come down and some don't. Just remember that topping it off too early will give too much timing to the motor and topping it out too late is just a waste of available timing. Again, start with a high number, say 20,000 rpm and work your way down/up from there.

Then comes turbo. Set it as you would previously. Let the turbo kick in as the car reaches max speed without turbo. This would depend highly on track layout and straight length. Start with 1 sec and work down from there.

Remember, tuning your esc is like setting up the car. One change at a time.

I havent tested mine yet but I'm speaking from my experience working with my Mamba Max Pro. Believe it or not, my 11.5T max timing end rpm is set at 55,000rpm in CHEAT mode and it rips like a b!#ch in heat!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by theisgroup
too funny.

jim, wish i were a fly on the wall at tekin monday morning. when you tell the boys "guys you've done too good of a job and our software after the long weekend has been baned already at some tracks and national events"
how great would that be to see the look on their faces?
They already know and have been smiling all weekend. We are a pretty tight group and plugged in pretty well. Almost everyone involved was here over the holidays and has been watching the forum buzz with pride. Many cheers were enjoyed!

We are not too concerned and still in the game with older versions. Just means when everyone else catches up, or gets close enough, we will already be there. Pretty good feature in this day of obsolete before the warranty is expired.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

They already know and have been smiling all weekend. We are a pretty tight group and plugged in pretty well. Almost everyone involved was here over the holidays and has been watching the forum buzz with pride. Many cheers were enjoyed!

We are not too concerned and still in the game with older versions. Just means when everyone else catches up, or gets close enough, we will already be there. Pretty good feature in this day of obsolete before the warranty is expired.
So, when does version 2.04 come out?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hotwire

Thankyou Tekin for all you do for us.There is no company that comes close to what you do for the hobby. Thanks to Randy and all at Tekin have a great New Year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.