R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #9631
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
yes, I have heard a couple people having that problem in 1 cell. a rx pack fix both issues I have heard about. also it maybe your setup. I would think that if your setup require a lot of torque or too much timing too soon, then you are asking the motor to do something it can't so it draw soo many amps that your booster is shutting down
I had this same issue as well. Running mid on the boost timming 45 with 15 on the turbo, rpm from 764 - 4505, with turbo ramp on 2. Track is fairly small 30x70. Yang, gotta wonder if that's why the AE BD esc usese a receiver pack right to the ESC in a 1s application? I wonder if the booster is able to deal with the amp draw that the new 203 software is putting on the battery? Needless to say I've gone to a receiver pack and I'm having no issues now.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #9632
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
I had this same issue as well. Running mid on the boost timming 45 with 15 on the turbo, rpm from 764 - 4505, with turbo ramp on 2. Track is fairly small 30x70. Yang, gotta wonder if that's why the AE BD esc usese a receiver pack right to the ESC in a 1s application? I wonder if the booster is able to deal with the amp draw that the new 203 software is putting on the battery? Needless to say I've gone to a receiver pack and I'm having no issues now.
lol, how did you know i was talking bout you norcal boys?
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #9633
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default

To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #9634
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna Racing View Post
I don't have a problem with that

I have been emailed the link and downloaded the zip file


But when I run it I just get what seems to be the older version

I'm running xp, is there a hidden file that I need to remove
like with vista?
I have an XP system. Is your download file the 4_0_0 zip file? I first did the uninstall of my old Tekin software from my control panel. Once you open the zip file, I followed the steps on the guide. I believe you have to run the setup.bat file first, then run the setup.exe file. Mine loaded the first time with no extra files to remove or any problems operating the software.
__________________
Dude, Go RRReally FFFast - When something gets in your way - Turrrnn
VRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #9635
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH


I knew someone would do it...that's too bad for you guys.
__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #9636
Team Tekin
 
Tekin Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,047
Default

Too Funny! Can't really buy advertising that good It is a problem for spec classes right now and being discussed by promoters, ROAR and manufacturers. Given the choice of being a little slower and going broke or being a little faster and causing controversy, we will take the latter. At least they are only limiting the software and not outlawing the esc completely.

Do they allow the AE or the Green?

Please recall that Blue really started the timing game, others improved on it and we are just perfecting it

Tekin
__________________
[email protected]
Smarter, Smaller, Faster....
www.teamtekin.com
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #9637
Tech Master
 
WIITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH
In my honest opinion, this is an extremely poor decision. Last time I checked 1/12 is not a full spec class. What are they going to do when novak and lrp comes out with an esc to compete? The fact of the matter is there is always going to new ways to make the class faster. Please let us know what the name of the track is so we can check it off the list of tracks to race at when we travel.
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #9638
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
Too Funny! Can't really buy advertising that good It is a problem for spec classes right now and being discussed by promoters, ROAR and manufacturers. Given the choice of being a little slower and going broke or being a little faster and causing controversy, we will take the latter. At least they are only limiting the software and not outlawing the esc completely.

Do they allow the AE or the Green?

Please recall that Blue really started the timing game, others improved on it and we are just perfecting it

Tekin
too funny.

jim, wish i were a fly on the wall at tekin monday morning. when you tell the boys "guys you've done too good of a job and our software after the long weekend has been baned already at some tracks and national events"
how great would that be to see the look on their faces?
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #9639
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
In my honest opinion, this is an extremely poor decision. Last time I checked 1/12 is not a full spec class. What are they going to do when novak and lrp comes out with an esc to compete? The fact of the matter is there is always going to new ways to make the class faster. Please let us know what the name of the track is so we can check it off the list of tracks to race at when we travel.
I'm with you here. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Tekin owner/supporter but the Novak Kinetic will be shipping soon. That will be the "orange" attempt at offering a similar product to the RS system. Banning products that are on the cutting edge is a major mis-step. Our guys are on the ball. Soon, others will be competitively close, maybe. Tracks can't get in the business of banning the leader without banning all that follow. Likewise, how can they ban one until everybody tries to catch up, then un-ban?
__________________
Dude, Go RRReally FFFast - When something gets in your way - Turrrnn
VRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #9640
Tech Apprentice
 
C5Vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
Too Funny! Can't really buy advertising that good It is a problem for spec classes right now and being discussed by promoters, ROAR and manufacturers. Given the choice of being a little slower and going broke or being a little faster and causing controversy, we will take the latter. At least they are only limiting the software and not outlawing the esc completely.

Do they allow the AE or the Green?

Please recall that Blue really started the timing game, others improved on it and we are just perfecting it

Tekin
What Jim says is absolutely right. We had one or two guys with "Green" speed controls just smoking everyone down the straight.

Our track owner got in 5 Tekin RS's and since everyone saw the Green speed controls, a bunch of guys ordered them. The track owner was seriously worried that he'd be sitting on those RS's for some time.

V203 came out and all 5 were sold on the same day.....It helped that Tekin got the software out before Green could ship their ESC's. They pushed back their ship dates two or three times and now their back orders are drying up!

Tekin has the right plan.....You don't have to worry about buying the ESC of the week. Buy the RS and you can be sure that it will always be competitive.....updatable Firmware....That's the ticket!!

Banning the software is simply ridiculous.....If it were to be banned it should have started with the "Blue". Since they were allowed...it really is anything goes, otherwise....it's going to be "SPEC" speed controls....no one wants that.....
C5Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #9641
Tech Elite
 
Badman Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys
I run 1/12 scale and before our nationals last year, im from Oz, I started using the Tekin to ensure runtime using 3.5bl and 1c lipo on a big track and I must say I was more than happy.
We run 10.5 at our local track which is Boral coat concrete, there are only 1 or 2 tracks here carpet so we run on bitumen or Boral coat concrete, and tried to run v203 software in my RS Pro and it cogged and spluttered and cost me any chance of the final win. When I flashed it back to 200 it was fine any ideas? Only my wife thinks I am stupid so I don't think that is all of the issue.
Regards
Brett
__________________
***3Racing Sakura XI-DH***3Racing F113***3Racing FGX***
**********YEAH RACING TRANSFORMULA F103***********
***I shop at www.feralbatteries.com for all my pink bits***
**********GNOMES HAVE A LOW ROLL CENTER***********
Badman Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #9642
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,038
Default

Here's some tip on finding the right setup for your motor.

First of all, forget turbo. Makes it more confusing and harder to figure out whats doing what.

Second of all, you will need to figure out at what rpm does your motor start to lose torque without any added software timing. This is exactly the rpm the esc should start advancing timing. To do this, start at around 8,000rpm or so and go down 1,000 or 500 rpm at a time until the best acceleration rate is found. The end rpm while doing this should be set at about 20-30k depending on motor wind with lower winds at the higher rpm range.

Third is the tricky part. Some motors loves to rev till the heavens come down and some don't. Just remember that topping it off too early will give too much timing to the motor and topping it out too late is just a waste of available timing. Again, start with a high number, say 20,000 rpm and work your way down/up from there.

Then comes turbo. Set it as you would previously. Let the turbo kick in as the car reaches max speed without turbo. This would depend highly on track layout and straight length. Start with 1 sec and work down from there.

Remember, tuning your esc is like setting up the car. One change at a time.

I havent tested mine yet but I'm speaking from my experience working with my Mamba Max Pro. Believe it or not, my 11.5T max timing end rpm is set at 55,000rpm in CHEAT mode and it rips like a b!#ch in heat!
__________________
/Adrian.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #9643
Team Tekin
 
Tekin Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
too funny.

jim, wish i were a fly on the wall at tekin monday morning. when you tell the boys "guys you've done too good of a job and our software after the long weekend has been baned already at some tracks and national events"
how great would that be to see the look on their faces?
They already know and have been smiling all weekend. We are a pretty tight group and plugged in pretty well. Almost everyone involved was here over the holidays and has been watching the forum buzz with pride. Many cheers were enjoyed!

We are not too concerned and still in the game with older versions. Just means when everyone else catches up, or gets close enough, we will already be there. Pretty good feature in this day of obsolete before the warranty is expired.
__________________
[email protected]
Smarter, Smaller, Faster....
www.teamtekin.com
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #9644
Tech Addict
 
Mac The Knife's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
They already know and have been smiling all weekend. We are a pretty tight group and plugged in pretty well. Almost everyone involved was here over the holidays and has been watching the forum buzz with pride. Many cheers were enjoyed!

We are not too concerned and still in the game with older versions. Just means when everyone else catches up, or gets close enough, we will already be there. Pretty good feature in this day of obsolete before the warranty is expired.
So, when does version 2.04 come out?
__________________
The Original SC10 4X4 Clutch Basket

Steve McGeorge
Mac The Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #9645
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hotwire

Thankyou Tekin for all you do for us.There is no company that comes close to what you do for the hobby. Thanks to Randy and all at Tekin have a great New Year.
mshap33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:29 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net