Old 09-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Old 09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

+2
Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Take a look at GQ air filters, I use them great price and the replaceable filters are a bargain....

Dont go with dark colored air filters you want to know how clean they are so look at something bright white, light blue, light red.....

http://www.gqproduct.com/OFFROAD/pro...foamfilter.htm

Dont let the picture fool you, I sell them here locally, and I have yet to see something as good in the price range and quality....
Old 09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

How much are they?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Am not sure how much they are in the US but over here they are selling at $8.25 the air filter package comes complete with straps and oil filter oil.

The replacements filter pack sells for around 10$ if i am not mistaken.. will verify....pitty no one represents them in the US, their product is really top quality for the price...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Old 09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Power Save Racing filters are by far the best filters I have used. They take the oil very easily and are durable enough that if you do reuse the filters they hold-up well. The P-S-R filters are also ver precise in the fit with many holders making a good seal from the elements. They are a little bit more expensive but the quality and peace of mind is worth it.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've have used PowerSave racing filters also, they are pretty good. I'd still put a cover on it though, it makes them last longer. Then price of the elements isn't so bad.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I still think the Losi filter with the ebay cover works best. Pre-oiled 4pack,.. nice.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dont use Motorsaver filters offroad. Its a costly mistake trust me. They do not make a good seal on the side where the elbow is dirt can go right around the filter. I know from experience.

Powersave filters are probably the nicest Ive used. I currently run the Proline low profile set-up though because the price is right. I run RC8 so there arent many options that will fit. The stock filter housing and Powersave filters would be my choice if money was no object. I plan to get back to using now that the season is winding down and I am not as strapped for cash. AE filters were like $5 each whereas the Proline ones were less than $10 for 4. They work OK but rub the body a bit.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions??

Anyone else have feedback on the ebay High-Flow air filters yet?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

P-S-R all the way! I've been using them for the last 2 seasons with great results. I'm currently running a HoBao airfilter-case with P-S-R foam inserts in my RC8 'cause these foams are MUCH cheaper than those for the original AE filter case.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My ebay filter's let ALOT of crap through at an outta town race a couple weeks ago....Im back the shop towel's cut up in strips.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

I run Losi elbow & housings with power save foam & motul oil on inner & outer foams with grease between foam & plastic.I change the pre filter every time I pull off the track & wash at home with dish soap.Doing this I can go 3-4 weeks on the same inner filter then throw it in the trash.Never any dirt inside the elbow & the less you take apart the main filter & elbow the less chance of letting dirt fall where it shouldnt.Losi elbow & housing are the most eficient I have found in all my searching meaning they take up the least room so no scraping paint off the roof of body & room to run fuel line under filter & still not hit brake linkages & are farthest away from the main heat source & somewhat more protected behind the splash guard & low cost.If you wanna go even cheaper run the pre oiled losi foam I have picked those up for $6 for 4 in the closeout/specials sections on line.Losi foam works pretty well but is visably less dense than power save foam.The last bunch of power save foam also came from the closeout section at tilted real cheap.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Air Filter Cover

Nice, ya that Losi filter is so convenient especially with the pre oiled filters. I do it the same way you do, but with the Hi-Flow (Fluorescent Green) racing ebay outer covers. I keep motors all year, and never lose them to dirt, its a great combo. I also run the standard ebay outer cover during practice, to really cut down on filter maintenance during the week.

Try them if you haven't...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.