Wiki Posts
Search

PSA ALERT JBILLY33

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Exclamation PSA ALERT JBILLY33

Guys beware of this member. He just scammed me this week for my sons b4.1. This guy pm'd me from another thread I posted on. He wanted to trade me his brand new losi22 for my 10 year old sons b4.1 ft. We arranged it that we would leave our savox servos and I would throw in a lipo and all the extra tires, parts and custom bodies we had since we would no longer need them. Then we started texting back and forth with pics of the package, he even sent me a pic of the buggy in the box with his parts and wheels. He wanted me to ship first in good faith, yeah right this dude has zero feedback and 33 posts. We exchanged pics and I ended up putting all new front end parts on it for the hell of it so it was almost brand new to be a nice guy. We agreed to ship this past Monday and I shipped as promised and provided a tracking number. This clown did not ship and said his wife didn't do it he was so so sorry. He claimed he shipped Tuesday but never gave me the included for no extra charge tracking number that's included with priority mail. He played stupid on where that number was located on the receipt, I circled it on my receipt and texted the pic to him, never figured it out claimed the p/o said I would have the buggy Thursday. I texted him on Wednesday and he had received the b4.1 and was perfect. I asked again where's the tracking number ....crickets. Friday came and went no buggy, today nothing. This scumbag is to be banned, guys stay away from him. This is a mistake on my part because I went against my better judgement and went thru with this trade to get my son another buggy. I have called this guy no Texts no call backs. I have contacted the local police to see what can be done. It's a shame a ten year old boy lost his buggy, so I gave him my rb5 that we'll be setting up. Karma is a bitch and this bastard will get his!!

here is what we sent him,cannot mistake these bodies.

Last edited by Slo_E4; 03-09-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: No personal info allowed
Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Wow, what a shame! Sorry to hear about this! Hopefully this guy grows a pair and makes it right!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ForwardBite
Wow, what a shame! Sorry to hear about this! Hopefully this guy grows a pair and makes it right!
i doubt it, he wont even answer my texts.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

I hope this can come to a resolution.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

aecarpetracer of fort myers tried to pull some crap with me around Christmas. It wasn't a trade like this deal... he promised an AMB transponder for $50, I paid and he never delivered, kept giving me BS excuses and even blew up on me going on a cursing rant. Luckily, since this was a sale over paypal, I was able to get the funds back by filing a dispute, which he did not contest. Regardless he floated my money for over a month around Christmas (probably needed the money at the time). Slippery to say the least... I am from Wyoming, but he'd better not be at the track in Fort Myers this May or I will have some choice words for him. My family is from Fort Myers, what a coincidence. I am there quite frequently and plan on racing at their new carpet track.

I am sorry you had to learn the way you did, we all learn the hard way. There is an unwritten rule on Rctech that he with the lowest feedback rating ships first. I am very sorry for your son.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
aecarpetracer of fort myers tried to pull some crap with me around Christmas. It wasn't a trade like this deal... he promised an AMB transponder for $50, I paid and he never delivered, kept giving me BS excuses and even blew up on me going on a cursing rant. Luckily, since this was a sale over paypal, I was able to get the funds back by filing a dispute, which he did not contest. Regardless he floated my money for over a month around Christmas (probably needed the money at the time). Slippery to say the least... I am from Wyoming, but he'd better not be at the track in Fort Myers this May or I will have some choice words for him. My family is from Fort Myers, what a coincidence. I am there quite frequently and plan on racing at their new carpet track.

I am sorry you had to learn the way you did, we all learn the hard way. There is an unwritten rule on Rctech that he with the lowest feedback rating ships first. I am very sorry for your son.
thanks journeyman, believe me i cant believe i did it, i know way better than this, I'm 38 years old and live in NYC home of the scammers lol. my son is in good spirits, now he has daddys prized rb5 lol
Old 03-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JourneyMan

sorry for your dilemma also, its sucks that there are people out there like this.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default Michigan and Indiana Racing

Johnny, if you post that thread in the Indiana and Michigan Racing Forum maybe someone may see it and hopefully get back to you or even pay that guy a visit. I do believe the Ash tree makes the best baseball bat because of its very specific cellular structure.

Detailed info can be gained through Intellus.com
Old 03-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

he likely races at dirt burners, I would post in these forums. The local guys are all there

http://rcracingextreme.com/forum/index.php
Old 03-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Manatarms25
he likely races at dirt burners, I would post in these forums. The local guys are all there

http://rcracingextreme.com/forum/index.php
i just registered. thanks guys for the track info.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Personal info is not allowed
Old 03-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Check your PM

PM
Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

All these guys have good ideas. I'll go one further. You know where he lives and you can figure out where he races, maybe try and call the local racing organization he races with and see if you can get in touch with the race coordinator. Inform him of the situation and see if you can get him to work with you. This douche will show up at the track ready to race his new car and it would be pretty funny if the race coordinator had the cops called as soon as he made a positive ID on the car.

FWIW I wouldn't make too much of a stink on his local forums. If you tip him off he'll just sell it and won't show up at the track.

It's sad that there are people in this world that would steal a toy from a child. I hope this turn out well for your son's sake. Please let us know if you get it back.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Jbilly turned up on my local craigslist with what looks like your car. He wanted to trade it for my SC10 4x4 factory..Glad I saw your PSA on rctech.
----
Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All you have to do is save your text messages and contact your local police. They will contact the local police where he lives and should be able to resolve it. Don't get yourself into more trouble. It seems this jackass isn't worth it. Just don't text him anything threatening or he could turn the tables. Also print out the pm's and take them to the police. Let the boys in blue take care of the dirty work. Good luck to ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.