Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
Me too. Mebbe a purple and green with pink dots will look good on your shell...
Remember that when he comes beggin' you to paint his shell.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I'm salivating from your teaser about the layout but not so sure about the bumps thing. Perhaps the organizers wanted to simulate what it was like to race in Brazil? Or maybe someone out there is trying to prove a point in that a bumpy layout may just give the RRR's an advantage?
Ummm, don't see any RRRs around here practising... Perhaps I need to look harder but most who run Kyosho run the FW05R.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Julius
You said you were running the alfa 2.1
On lower grip tracks you may want to try running a stratus 2.1
I feel the stratus 2.1 especially good in going into medium to fast corners. You may lose a little in the tighter parts. But it is very neutral wich helps in lower grip situations.
Thanks Julius / D for your Advice
Old 11-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, don't see any RRRs around here practising... Perhaps I need to look harder but most who run Kyosho run the FW05R.
Really? Trust the folks in KL to be different eh? "World Champ car? Huh! who needs that!"

Old 11-18-2004, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Split into two how? Pictures?

Its probably wear and tear ... confirm by looking at the pieces ...
uncle sow I dont have a digital camera lar, I think its worn out. I will let D and crash see it first.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spawn
uncle sow I dont have a digital camera lar, I think its worn out. I will let D and crash see it first.
Oh sorry.

Yes, let D and Crashed see it. I think D is right, it must be worn out for it to break.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default BRCA 2005 Rules

If you intend to race in the BRCA Nationals next year, the 2005 Rules Amendments for 235mm, Scale Rubber and 200mm Scale Touring classes is now available at 3hobby.com for download.

Old 11-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sup guys havent been on here for quite some time. Got a question. You know the lifting method to see if the car is tweaked by lifting the center rear or front of the car? Well I put a mark on the threaded shocks so that I know both front and rear shocks are getting the same compression(or ride height). But why is it that in the manual it tells you to adjust the spring rate diagonal from where the tire lifts off first? If I were to do this then one of the shocks will have a higher ride height than the other side so that would mean the car would still be tweaked Example: If the left rear wheel lifts off first then you are suppose to make the front right shock tighter which would throw of the front shocks because one of them will have a more compressed spring(higher ride height). Sorry if you dont understand, had a long day and my grammar is getting worse. LOL
Old 11-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cyba888
Sup guys havent been on here for quite some time. Got a question. You know the lifting method to see if the car is tweaked by lifting the center rear or front of the car? Well I put a mark on the threaded shocks so that I know both front and rear shocks are getting the same compression(or ride height). But why is it that in the manual it tells you to adjust the spring rate diagonal from where the tire lifts off first? If I were to do this then one of the shocks will have a higher ride height than the other side so that would mean the car would still be tweaked Example: If the left rear wheel lifts off first then you are suppose to make the front right shock tighter which would throw of the front shocks because one of them will have a more compressed spring(higher ride height). Sorry if you dont understand, had a long day and my grammar is getting worse. LOL
Hey! Long time no "see" ...

Tweak ... that confusing topic again. We all sort of decided here that the manual's method is not quite right ...

You need to find MarkP27's post and then download the 710FAQ from his signature in the post.

Otherwise go here and download.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
Example: If the left rear wheel lifts off first then you are suppose to make the front right shock tighter which would throw of the front shocks because one of them will have a more compressed spring(higher ride height). Sorry if you dont understand, had a long day and my grammar is getting worse. LOL
I believe according to the manual and trying to solve your problem example, it says that you need to make the front right shock tighter (increase preload) and at the SAME time the left front shock looser (decrease preload) to maintain same ride height.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Tweak ... that confusing topic again. We all sort of decided here that the manual's method is not quite right ...
Onkel Sow, the manual is not right?

I think the FAQ acts as a supplement to further complement, improve and make easy the manuals method of tweaking.

Speaking of the FAQ, I think it's time to revise it seeing some new option parts surfaced. I think a section on bodyshells is also timely.

Wake up Mark and steer away from the RRR !
Old 11-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

I think the FAQ acts as a supplement to further complement, improve and make easy the manuals method of tweaking.

Speaking of the FAQ, I think it's time to revise it seeing some new option parts surfaced. I think a section on bodyshells is also timely.

Huh, what, I was having a nice sleep there!!!
I nearly updated the FAQ the other week, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not - no one seems to read it these days
Old 11-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Well, I was typing in a rush after seeing that I had emails waiting.

What I should have said is the following :-

"If you want to be really fussy like D, download the 710 FAQ and then do your chassis tweak the D-way as detailed in section 6.14.4!"
Old 11-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
I nearly updated the FAQ the other week, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not - no one seems to read it these days
Oh c'mon bro, I read it every night before going to bed. Beats counting sheep I tell ya!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Sorry to wake you up on your early siesta !

What? Nobody reads it? I read it every day. Part of a mantra kinda thing for the prophet !

No more lowsy excuses ! Back to work... On the 710 please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.