Search

2003 Kamloops Fall Classic Race Sept 20 & 21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2003 Kamloops Fall Classic Race Sept 20 & 21

Hi all.....it's that time of year again. Time for the Kamloops annual "Fall Classic" Race September 20 and 21. I know that some of you may be a bit burnt out on racing, especially Off-Road, but why not make this your last "Big One" of the Season.

We have a great new Off-Road track and a brand new drivers stand that is just "itching" to be used. We also have our Awesome On-Road track, that I'm sure many of you have raced on before, which brings me to my next question. How many of you out there are interested in racing On-Road at our Fall Classic Race? I need to get a fairly good idea from all of you so that a decision can be made, as to weather or not to run any On-Road Races. Those of you interested, especially "out of towners" PLEASE let me know via this thread or the below emal addy.

Also, there was some discussion on weather or not to run 1/8th scale Gas on the Off-Road track or not. After carefull consideration, the Off-Road Director and myself, came to the conclusion that if we get 5 confirmed PRE-Regsitered 1/8th scale racers, then we will run the class.

Please give this some thought and get back to me ASAP. We will however, have most of the other Off-Road Classes aswell but it just depends who can commit to comming or not.

Thanks for you understanding and I hope to here from you all soon.

[email protected]

Old 08-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default What if only 4 showup ?

Brent

What happens when only 4 of the 5 or more confirmed entries showup? Can we count confirmed as "paid" entries ? it will give them more essentive to actually appear.

As for the of road track, we mentioned something about a table top and some other type of jump to add before the race, when do we want to do this and who will be there to help? The offroad track should be our main priority to prepare for the Fall Classic, the Doubles need work and the overall surface needs to be packed/rolled again after having the ruts smoothed out once more. Starting with a solid base is going to be key for keeping the track consistant throughout the weekend, especially with 1/8 scale buggies ripping around.

What is our response to Gary's comment about having to run 1/8th scale to be eligable for the WCORCS (whatever it is ) ? Can we workout some sort of comprimise, like having a minimum entry of 5 buggies ?

TTYL

Jason

PS April and I may be availble sometime this weekend to help out with track repairs, but not sure yet.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Jason,

It may be a little hard to get money sent to confirm an 1/8th scale class so I guess we can only go by trust, "word of mouth" so to speak.

I talked to Doug last night and he thought about maybe puting the table on the short, straight stretch, heading towards the bank, right before it dips into the hairpin and you come down alongside the drivers stand/gas pits (if that makes any sense). Doug is still working out of town and doesn't know when he will be off next. This weekend, I will be helping Irene with a few more items for her preschool and then I am back to work on Sunday so I would probably not be able to help if a work party was held. I thought Doug had said at one time that you could step in and help direct with the Off-Road Track. I would suggest and strongly encourage you to do so and set-up a work party to do some of this work on the track. We all have to pitch in a little more.

As for the WCORCS series for us next year....this is something to be discussed as a club so it will have to wait untill we can all talk about it. Reguarding 1/8th scale in particular.

Thanks Jason for your understanding,
Old 08-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Stu
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
anybody got a fertalizer spreader?

do any of you guys happen to have a fertalizer spreader? one that you push on the ground infront of you? anyways, reason being, i am getting us some magnesium chloride(dust repellent) as a donation to the club from my dad's business ( J. Ford And Sons Contracting ) also, we need to set a work party so i can bring this stuff out and get it on the track. so, when you set a date, il be there
Old 08-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stu, how much MagClor are you getting? Based on the size of your track, for it to be effective, you will need over 500lbs of it. Then it needs to be soaked and tilled in. Spokane uses magclor for their track and it helps it stay very hard, but they need to water it to avoid blowing off tires in 3 runs. They used 1500 lbs the first app and then add 500lb every spring to keep it up.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Stu
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

gary, im not getting too much, but i figured we could do the worst spots on the track, and then go from there. i think i am getting about 150 lbs of the magnesium chloride.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

holy crap.. 500lbs for a track??!! .. haha.. that is just insane.
Anyways, my dad has one of those ferilizer spreader things, so if there is a work party im sure i will be able to get out there and bring it if no one else has one handy.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default workparty

Hey Guys

I will probably be available for a work party sometime late next week. I will be intersted in Stu's magnesium chloride additive but we'll have to get the track looking just right before we put it down. I'd rather have a nice, SMOOTH hard track than a nice rough hard track, there would be no end to the rutts and no getting rid of them. Talk to youguys more later in the week

Jason
Old 08-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

O.K guys....still have not received any comments on if anyone would like to run On-Road or if anyone wants to race 1/8th scale buggy at the Kamloops Fall Classic this year?? Please let me know ASAP.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

I talked to the guys at club racing today and none of them will be coming up for on-road. I;m out of 1/8th scale so I don't know on that one.

Dave
Old 08-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default WCORCS...Kelowna or Kamloops ??

Hey Kamloops guys,

Just a thought or two about the crisis in Kelowna and their upcoming rc event. I have just checked out the WCORCS (or whatever it is) and several people have cancelled their trip to Kelowna for the final because of the fire. I thought that there may be some way for us to help them out.

Option 1:

Relocate the race to Kamloops. This option would require us to bust our 8utts to get the track up and running and get the word spread quickly. If the Kelowna club is willing to "run" the race then we should be able to get the track up and running in time.

Option 2:

Count our Fall CLassic as a "WCORCS Final Part 2". That is we would offer our results to Kelowna to help them score people who couldn't go to Kelowna but who did make the trip to Kamloops instead. I know that the results would be difficult to score but at least everyone would have a chance to score something in the Final.

I'm sorry if my ideas are al ittle confusing but it's kinda late so I'll try to explain more to you guys tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Yes Jason, we would be more than willing to let the Kelowna Club use our track. Let's just hold tight for now or untill we here something from Rob Schnieder.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi this is very confusing.

Are you asking or telling us the classes that will be running at your fall classic?

dave has spoke for himself and appently one of the clubs, (not sure which one??) Over gear??

I know that myself, Gord, Collin and Greg planned on racing electric touring car but we would like to know if that class is a go..

just to clarify, I think it would be safer to just post what classes are a go and maybe offer a pre book thing on one of the forums. the lower mainland is very messed up right now. it always is in the summer becuase their is no one club liek you have up there. here is just pockets of racers that pick and choose what races they want to go to.. and to be honest there are so many racers that just come out of the woodwork without any mention of attending or not.. so its always hard to guess who is coming and who is showing up

carpet is a bit differnt becuase usaully their is just one track/club running that is why you can ask one guy and its pretty safe that he can speak on behalf of the racers

in the summer time there is off road, onroad, micro tamya etc.. most people have more then one car so if they hear of a race they want to attend then they go.

I hope this helps..

I don't want to come off to strong or harsh, just know that you guys wonder sometimes why we come and don't come to your races
Old 08-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

OPPS. sorry guys. I was speaking for the guys that run at the overgeared club. Jesse and Ramil want to go but they can't because of the store. As for the other guys from Overgeared club, there is a 2 day trophy race that is being held by overgeared the weekend before yours so they are going to go to it. If there is going to be a good turnout for on road then I will come up. But I will need to know how many are going to be racing on road. Last year I was the only one from the lowermainland to go.

Dave
Old 08-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Korgae....I am simply seeing if there is anyone who is interested in running On-Road. If there is not enough, then I will scrap the class. I am tired of offering a whole bunch of classes, getting trophies for these classes, then have few or no show up for a class. Always trophies left over......money thrown away....Right now, there is probably 3 or 4 that are interested in running their Touring Car from Kamloops. If their isn't a Touring Car class, will you guys still come up and race Off-Road?? If so, what classes. We will be offering most of the Off-Road Classes, depending on the # of cars who show.

Please let me know ASAP,

Thanks,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.