Wiki Posts
Search

2003 Kamloops Fall Classic Race Sept 20 & 21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about you post what classes are being offered for the race, set a deadline for pre-reg, and make a class min for trophies. If you don't have any confirmed entries for a class, just don't get any trophies for it. Out of 70 racers at our race this year, we had maybe 9 pre-regs for it. I bought trophies based on other clubs turnouts, and those that were in mains with no trophies didn't complain. If no one is commiting to the race, they can't complain if there are no trophies when they show up. You say most off-road classes, so what are they then? Its hard to make any commitment if we don't know what classes are being offered.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking hey all

I will race on-road if it is offered and I know Jason Melnyk is also another guy who would,..I personally probably could not keep up with the big dogs but would jump in there with ya guy's if there was only one class such as stock TC and mod TC...

so count me in for stock TC
and stock 1/10 scale truck(offroad just to clarify)

sounds like hopefully there might be a decent turnout guy's,which is kool cause we could probably use some outside ideas for other stuff we can do to the track
Old 08-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Default hey gary

to my knowledge, and I should probably let Brent confirm but ,

stock 1/10 scale stadium truck
mod 1/10 scale stadium truck

stock and mod buggy (this one I not totaly sure but the guy's who run buggies here usually only run mods in them)

1/10 scale gas truck, (if enough regestered)
1/8 scale buggy (if enough regester)

and possibly a monster truck (if enough regester) and if not we may run with 1/10 scale gas truck to make one class

as far as on road goes

I would imagine
stock TC
and mod TC

unless anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions for a class this is usually what we offer......Please forgive me if I forgot something and please Brent or Jason fix it or confirm just so that everyone is totaly clear

Old 08-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Classes for Fall Classic

O.K. here we go.....

OFF-ROAD CLASSES

Truck Stock
Truck Mod
2WD Buggy Open
Truck Nitro (if 5 or more Pre-register)
1/8th Buggy (if 5 or more Pre-register)
4WD Buggy (if 5 or more Pre-register)
Monster Truck ( if 5 or more Pre-register)

ON-ROAD CLASSES

Touring Stock (if 5 or more Pre-register)
Touring Mod (if 5 or more Pre-register)

I guess trying to ask people what they would like to race ahead of time was a bad idea, seeing as how I have never felt you all out before. This is our first big Off-Road Race in two years, seeing as how we didn't have a track last year, I didn't know what everybody was racing? Anyway, these classes above is what will be offered. For the 6 classes that require 5 or more to Pre-register, you have until September 5th to do so. If there is not 5 or more Pre-registered for any one of these classes.....then that particular class won't run. Sound good??......Good. You can Pre-register through me at [email protected]

Hope this is all a little clearer.

Thanks for your understanding,

Last edited by FIVE 7; 08-25-2003 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What will the schedule be? Onroad one day and off road the other, or Qualifying one day and the mains the next?
I will probably only come up on Sunday, as I can't take any more time off in Sept.
I will only race in either 1/8th scale or one of the touring car classes, depending on the schedule. Hopefully onroad one day and off road the next.

Colin
Old 08-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Schedule

The Schedule will be:

Qualifying on Saturday (both offroad and onroad) and probably another on qualifying round on Sunday morning before the mains. Usually we try to run a qualifier on Sunday to accommadate the guys from Kelowna who just come up for the one day.

We also may offer single bump ups, but I would leave it up to Brent to decide about that. I don't believe that its crossed his mind.

As for the classes, Brent has them right but he seemed to have forgotten about buggy stk. We haven't been running it is because there usually is only one or two out and they don't have anyone to race, so they run mod instead.

And just because your class isn't there on the list, doesn't mean that we'll turn you away. It means that you will probably will be racing with a different class (ex. running truck stock and mod together if only 2 stk showup). THis will also work for you gas boys too, just don't whine if there isn't a trophy for you or if you don't get the proper trophy.

I hope that this clarifies things a bit more, but again Bret has the FINAL word.

Jason Mardon
Old 08-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Brent can you keep us posted here on who is entered in each class.

Dave
Old 08-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Default hey dave

it is just great to hear that some of you guy's are willing to come up for racing....I can't wait to see you guy's again

Hey Gary, is paul going to be coming with you ??? I read on the schuie thread that he is getting his mission back into racing....and I sent him a setup that I read on the thread so i was wondering how that was working for him....sounds like there could be some awesome TC racing so bring all you can...I have a mission now and I am really looking forward to racing it!!!

chow guy's...and i am sure Brent will keep yous all posted on how things were going....we have been waiting to see who is all coming so even if you think you might be please say something so we know
Old 08-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll chat with paul after I'm back from kelowna, leaving in the morning. If he's game we'll head up friday after work. I'll be running 1/8th only. I gave up on the mission, cant stand having to take out nearly 25 screws just to do the diffs which to me have gotten worse. Its losi for me
Old 08-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Stu
Tech Adept

Brent, im sorry i cant email about pre regestering. my email isnt workin but, ok, i will be running buggy open, and count me in for monster truck thanx, and il ttyl

Stu
Old 08-25-2003, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

We would alternate both On-Road and Off-Road qualifiers, back and forth. Obviously, there will be more Off-Road than On-Road so we would just fit them into the middle somewhere. There would probably be something like 3 Qualifiers on the Saturday and then one on Sunday and then to the mains. This all depending on the time and the size of the entries.

Yes we can run buggy stock, it's just that there are more Mod buggies here than Stock.....but that doesn't mean anything if more show up. I know both Truck Classes will be good along with the Buggy classes. Yes we are more than willing to accomidate you like Jason has said.....example...fitting you into a class as we see fit. I don't want to see anyone going home upset. And yes I will keep you all posted as entries come in so lets see them......!!
Old 08-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default anyone else coming ?

is anyone else giong to be making the trip to Kamloops for our Fall Classic race ??? We need to get a rough idea to help us decide what classes will "for sure" be run.

ONce again, I would like to stress to everyone that even if we decide not to offer trophies and such for a class, doesn't mean we won't run it. And if not enough show up to run a class, we will make sure that you all get to race. WE will NOT send anyone packing.

THere will most likely be a novice class available as well, there are at least 2 or 3 drivers that qualify to race in novice that have been racing for about 3 weeks. So please bring any youngsters/wives to have a go, they will have someone else to race.

thanks,

Jason Mardon
Old 08-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Ya.....what he said.......

How about I rephrase that.... In order for a racer to receive a trophy in a particular class, there must be 5 Pre-Registered entries for that particular class. This way, we are not wasting money on Trophies for people that do not show or want to commit but if they do happen to show, CAN infact race. Make sense?

Still have not received any Pre-Registrations? I will see you all this weekend.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Kamloops Fall Classic - REVISED

This race will now only be an OFF-ROAD RACE ONLY, due to the lack of interest in On-Road right now. Sorry ashpalt animals.

Classes These classes we know we can fill alone with our own club members.

Truck Stock
Truck Mod
Buggy Open

The following classes will be run if we get 4 racers PRE-Registered by September7th. This also ensures that the racer will get a trophy. If we do not get 4 or more racers, PRE-REGISTERED for one or more of the following particular classes, by September 7th, then there will be no trophies for that particular class and the class will more than likely, not be run. Basically 4 Pre-registered, guarantees a trophy and the class will be run. Hope this is not too confusing and I have repeated myself too many times?

Classes

1/10th Scale Gas Truck
1/8th Scale Gas Buggy
Monster Truck
4WD Electric Buggy

I will keep you all informed as or if these classes fill up. You can respnd here or email me at [email protected] Thanks for your understanding and coperation with the organizing of this race.

More detalis will be posted in a few days.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Onroad race

Just a note to all you onroad guys wanting to get a crack at the pavement track.

The idea has been mentioned at running a two events next year as to just the Fall Classic. This second event would happen earlier in the summer (July or August) and would hopefully be just an ONROAD event. This gives everyone a chance to get there onroad cars out on the pavement track, then get the offroad stuff ready for the fall Classic in September.

We need feed back ASAP if we want to do this. With Kamloops being added to the WRORCS we will be very tight for time to organize a third ify event that people may or may not show.

We need to know what you, the out of towner think, otherwise we will just run the Two offroad events and forget about oroad again for another year.

TTYL

Jason Mardon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.