Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I'm talking about a different upper deck flex design.

Originally Posted by ZER01
It also had an adjustable shock-like mount on the top deck by the rear bulkhead. I clearly remeber that kit as 20 minutes into building it I broke a diff-bolt tightening up a diff-lol.
Yea...getting upper deck flex has been around for years. It's how Xray accomplished it. A much better way if you ask me. It's nice to have one car for most conditions. Not to mention Xray put some time into how their parts look. One thing owners like about HD, they make each part look good. I just don't know if I could go back to anything else. After all the denials from AE?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Key word there being pending. This could mean they have begun the patent process (long, painful, expensive). Or they may never have done it and are just hoping that claiming the patent is pending that others will shy away from the technology that they claim to have discovered.

Yok YR4's were the bomb back in the day
That is illegal according to United States Patent Law. Making a false claim like that is a dangerous gamble.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
That is illegal according to United States Patent Law. Making a false claim like that is a dangerous gamble.
There is a one year delay between the time you deposit the patent and the time it becomes effective. This time is for the patent agency to do research into previous patents and designs, including in all the countries for which the patent has been deposited, to make sure the patent doesn't infringe other existing patents, or that it is not taken from one that has fallen into common knowledge for example.

In the meantime the company that has deposited the patent is allowed to use the term "patent pending". It only means the patent process has been started but the patent itself not yet approved (and it might not get approved even). In the case of X-Ray, I believe it is the European Patent Agency where the patent was deposited.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You will find people on this and other sites who will argue until they are blue in the face that our toy cars are scaled down versions of full size cars and that the laws of physics apply to both yet you don't hear of F1, Nascar,IRL or any other group of racers/manufacturers designing flex into their chassis to improve handling. Interesting ........ no ?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think a big reason for that is the fact that the scaled down forces our cars place on our suspensions is probably greater than any full size race car. Not even an F1 car could corner as fast, change direction, or accelerate as fast in full scale. So to absorb some of the forces that apply, we use some chassis flex to help the suspension.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Looks like all 4 arms fit each corner....
Old 06-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

There are a lot of aspects of setup and such that don't translate completely from full size race cars to our 1/10 scale cars. Largely because of the differences in things like speed and power to weight ratios, etc...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tire patch size and overall mass/power/speed ratio are the most significant... it s totally exponential over "real" cars
Old 06-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I still would like to see when we might find it's way to production? Any estimates? Fall, next spring, next year? further out?

Any hints?
Old 06-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
There is a one year delay between the time you deposit the patent and the time it becomes effective. This time is for the patent agency to do research into previous patents and designs, including in all the countries for which the patent has been deposited, to make sure the patent doesn't infringe other existing patents, or that it is not taken from one that has fallen into common knowledge for example.

In the meantime the company that has deposited the patent is allowed to use the term "patent pending". It only means the patent process has been started but the patent itself not yet approved (and it might not get approved even). In the case of X-Ray, I believe it is the European Patent Agency where the patent was deposited.
not so true.
Patents can be localized, regional or worldwide.. but this has a cost.
Furthermore, for a patent to be valid you need 3 conditions:

- Newness: Meaning that the patent must cover a new area and prove that the system was not introduced before at any point

- Publicity: if you apply for a patent AFTER that you project has been public, you patent will be legal but will not hold ground if you fo to court.
This means that you must apply for the patent before ANYTHING about the project is made public

- Finally, geography. You must PAY for your patent in order for it to be properly covered in every zone, and this can usually be quite expensive.

So, "patent pending" sure does mean that patents are indeed being registered, but it does not meant that the said patent can be upholded everywhere, or that it is actually valid.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I still would like to see when we might find it's way to production? Any estimates? Fall, next spring, next year? further out?

Any hints?
The car I was allowed to take a look at looked nowhere near production. I doubt it'll be ready for production until long after the worlds. Reedy was it's first race if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Keep the photos coming, nice to see the car is there in full force.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Is the belt offset?

I can't tell. Are we looking a a single belt design like the XXX-S? The arms look strong. This hobby could use a stronger car for both the new racer and avid club racer. I sure wish I could have some imput into each design feature.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
I can't tell. Are we looking a a single belt design like the XXX-S? The arms look strong. This hobby could use a stronger car for both the new racer and avid club racer. I sure wish I could have some imput into each design feature.

Single belt......Paleeeezzzzze!!!! LOL I do believe from the Reedy pics of the car at the side shot it looks to be a dual belt set-up. Sorry man.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.