Search

Remote Control Cars Ten Years From Now

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Remote Control Cars Ten Years From Now

As the title says.

What direction will the hobby go with: motors, batteries, chassis, classes, companies, and even drivers.

If you can, try to keep your discussion on point.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default suspension

Maybe they figure how to make an active suspension system for 1/10s on and offroad
Old 09-18-2015, 01:22 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

We will have a million more different classes because everyone wants to be on podium.

25.5 will be the new 17.5
Old 09-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
We will have a million more different classes because everyone wants to be on podium.

LMFAO +1
Old 09-18-2015, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

No more 540-size motors. No TC above one kilogram. No 1/12th above 500 grams.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

TC races longer than 5 min., due to better electronics/batteries/less heat.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dan

By then it will be 30.5 or some crawler motor that is used in stock for everything else is "too fast" for stock......

Really in 10 years we probably won't use batteries, either inductive power from the track, or using super capacitors for the power source.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Full-size F1 will use up all of the worlds Lithium. Electric RC will therefore die, and we'll all be racing Nitro cars instead.

Contraception will finally catch on in Africa, using up all the rubber in the world. RC cars will race on magnetic tracks with metal tyres instead.

Suspension will no longer exist; the chassis will have magnets that float it above the magnetic track. MagLev style.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I could see a new alternative to the current Nitro. Perhaps a cleaner burning fuel that isn't all supplied from Asia, and could be used indoors. Imagine the potential that could have.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Edward very good topic,first i believe the motors will get smaller. When tbe motors are smaller chassis layouts will change esc will get smaller too so with less weight TC will go 1s and be faster then they are now.
Cars suspension will be lower so the bodies will be lower allowing more scale bodies that will fit tighter around the racing platform. The races will be longer more efficient power trains will promote 30 minute mains will be possible.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Notbrick
I could see a new alternative to the current Nitro. Perhaps a cleaner burning fuel that isn't all supplied from Asia, and could be used indoors. Imagine the potential that could have.
That would be nice, like a fuel cell based engine so we can run them indoors. I like working on nitro cars but the fuel and just overall cleanliness was always an issue. Plus the noise. I got complaints from our home owner's association long time ago that it was too noisy.

I only run electric these days.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DhJZAhjbcI

If this is devellopped now then in 10 years we will see a quick refueling system to make longer finals
Old 09-18-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

there will be no more belt vs shaft debate as each wheel will have its own independent motor inside the hub. This means no more diffs as diff tension will be set via the programming box. No more stripped wheel hexes as all the wheels wil be of the hi less design to blend seamlessly with the independent motors. Since there will now be no axels to take up space, more shocks similar in design to the awesomatix rotary style will be common. Since there are no diffs or shock towers to support, bulkheads will only be used to support an upper deck and for chassis flex adjustments.

Or in 10 years TC will be all but dead as FPV drone racing takes over. Especially indoors
Old 09-18-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Racers still won't be able to report to turn marshal duty on time.

It will be longer than 10 years before robotic turn marshals are developed, unless we get Kevin Orton to work on it.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Graphene Batteries. Experimental right now, but lots of people working on them. One of the major players in the field thinks they will have them on the market in 7-8 years.
Extremely light weight, excellent electrical properties, and can be charged from flat to full in just a few seconds, no exaggeration. They'll be a game changer when they hit the RC market.

The light weight of graphene batteries will upset the balance of todays car designs. BL motors are running about 96% efficient right now, and it takes a certain amount of horsepower to move a car regardless of everything else, so I don't see how making motors smaller is going to be too successful . But I could be wrong... frequently am. Offset layshaft configurations may be a solution, who knows?

Perhaps the car designers and motor-manufacturer's might get together and come up with something to restore the car's balance. Imagine two motors with a common axis and a layshaft pulley in the middle. That way, the motor can mount transversely over the centerline, the layshaft is in the middle, and the car balance will be good.
Of course, that means a different ESC too. With this type of motor I think we might see more development along the lines of an integrated ESC and motor package, like some have already done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.