Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S hop-ups!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
all i wanted to know is that if there are different kinds of Paragon for different tires. Say one for foams another for rubber tires. Is there or just odorless and one with odor. Does it help your tires last longer too? Cause ive heard someone say that it helps it wear less on foam tires after the little line of the foam goes away.
Are you looking for oderless compunds? Do you have to just use Paragon? On our larger track that we raced at for the winter we used TQ Blue or TQ 8.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

yes i have to use odorless and i've heard paragon lasts longer than other tire stuff. What will the traction stuff do to the tires? will it make the tires last longer or wear quiker? Tell me all you know about Paragon traction.

thx
Old 07-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tell me all you know about Paragon traction.

thx
Are you running rubber tires or foams? Are you running carpet or asphalt? Our small track doesn't even let us use traction compound. But the other track let's us use compund but not paragon cause it stinks. What traction compound does is condition the tires to have better traction. On carpet with foam tires, I goop the rears and the inside half of the fronts. Then let it between heats. Then wipe them off as much as possible. If you have excess compund you tend to not have traction. So get as much off as possible. If you have a burn out area, I'd use it before you place you car on the track. Ok that's a lot of typng...
Old 07-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tell me all you know about Paragon traction.

thx
Okay I'm back. Wear depends on your car setup and tire compound. If your rear is loose and sliding all over the place then you'd probably have more wear on our rear tires than fronts. Again, TQ Blue or TQ8 is what we run.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Call me crazy, but I actually like the smell of Paragon. Maybe I've inhaled too much of it!!
Old 07-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You're Nuckin' Futs!! When I come home from SoCal at like 11:00 or later at night my wife won't let me in the bedroom until I've taken a shower.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

I run carpet and asphalt. Rubber for ashpalt and foam for carpet. Will the Paragon make my car slide out that much on asphalt? What if i wipe them off real good before the race?
Old 07-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jkerr0043
You're Nuckin' Futs!!
That's what everyone else says too!!
Old 07-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

I run carpet and asphalt. Rubber for ashpalt and foam for carpet. Will the Paragon make my car slide out that much on asphalt? What if i wipe them off real good before the race?
You should be okay. If you find that the paragon is actually hurting traction though, then chances are the surface you're running on is just not clean enough to use it. Remember, if it's not actually helping performance there's no point to it. Take a look at what the fast guys at the track are doing.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Do u think that a parking lot is clean enough when they blow dry it off and then they spray sugar water? if the stuff does work and my car is dialed in will it make my car harder to turn (tight) or will it be the same?
Old 07-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Do u think that a parking lot is clean enough when they blow dry it off and then they spray sugar water? if the stuff does work and my car is dialed in will it make my car harder to turn (tight) or will it be the same?
It sounds like it probably will be clean enough since they're doing a pretty thorough job of preparing the parking lot. It's hard to say for certain without actually being there though.

Traction compound generally shouldn't change the handling - make a neutral car loose or tight, etc. Because you're putting it on the front and back tires, it will make the car handle better overall. You can affect the handling by only putting it on the front or rear tires, but typically you put it on all four.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

What tire setups are you guys using for asphalt and /or carpet?
Old 07-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

On asphalt I run Sorex. Which type depends on the track temperature. Right now it's 40R's because the track is in the 170-180 degree range during the summer. Below is the temp range Sorex recommends for their tires.

Sorex Tire Ratings

Tire Track Temperature
20 R Carpet Tire (more traction)
24 R Carpet Tire
28 R 68-84 F
32 R 81-96 F
36 R 96-115+ F
40 R 120-170 F
Old 07-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mwcet8k
[B]
Sorex Tire Ratings

Do you use foams at all? Or are the tracks your at restrict you to rubber? What classes do you run?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

No, I just run rubber (track rules). I run electric TC on asphalt. Personally, I wish rubber was the standard for TC everywhere because the tires never chunk. Nothing is more frustrating than when you've just bought a new set of foams, clip a board and lose a huge chunk out of a tire. But foams usually do hook up better, so there's obviously a reason people use them.

I think the standard carpet setup for most of the Losi team drivers for carpet is to run TRC plaid in front and either tan or magenta in back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.