Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S hop-ups!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I didn't realize what the entry list looked like until after I sent mine in for modified. Basically the modified class is what all the factory guys (except dumb ass me) signed up and 19 turn is what everyone else signed up for. I'm going to get a lesson from these guys. Take a look at this enty list.

http://www.kopropo.com/KO_GP_entries.htm

It'll be fun to see where I really stack up.
Well, at least you don't have to worry about qualifying for anything lower than the C-main!!

Man, I wish I lived closer to the Tamiya track.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

right now i race weekly at an indoor carpet track. The place is nice but the track is so easy. The owner doesnt want to change it cause he says it takes too much time to change it from oval to touring car and back again.
I also race once a month at an outdoor asphalt track. Their tracks are big and they prep the track so alot of traction and some good cometition.
All i can do for right now is practice and ask companies.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Well put. Winning at a local and regional/national level if very important. I think though that how you're preceived off the track is just as important.
I'm okay at our club races, but the reason why our hobby shop sponsered us was because we were nice guys. We would help out other racers and I've been known to hand out spare parts if I had it. I don't consider myself sponsered as much as a shop representative. Does that make sense?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys one question.
I just got some of that Paragon traction stuff for the tires. Can u put the stuff on rubber and foam tires or only one of those. I know you put the stuff on the tires but what do u do after that. Will the stuff make my car harder to handle cause it will have to much traction and not want to turn? I've never used this stuff before.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All depends on the track. Is that what they use at your local track? If you go to SoCal and don't use it you're nuts but most parking lots it'll make you look like a drift car.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

why will it make my car look like a drift car? wont it give you more traction? My local track is a parking lot. they clean it off and spray the sugar water for traction too. So wont the Paragon stuff give u more traction. My other track i race at is a carpet track. They use the Paragon stuff too.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

My experiance with Paragon on parkinglots is that no matter how well they blow it off and spray it, it's still dirty. Paragon will pick up all the dirt off the track and it'll stick to the tires and make you loose grip. I've used Simple Green on the tires in cold weather but not in hot weather. When you do SG, I use it after the run. Clean the tires with it and let it sit. I'll be dry by the time you're ready for another run. But I do this only if the track is cool. Below 80ºF. If it's too hot out, they'll get greasy and you'll endup sliding all over.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

ya but i've seen guys at the track putting that suff on the tires when the track is like 95 degrees, and their cars dont slide around. So i put the stuff on the tires about 30 minutes before my race then wipe the tires off and then go out to the track. Then wipe them off after the race. and do the same over again.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Are you talking about Simplge Green or Paragon?
Old 07-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Paragon.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Ask ten people how to put Paragon on, you'll get ten answers. When I'm at a track that uses paragon, I put it on about five minutes before the heat, then wipe it off after about a minute.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

all i wanted to know is that if there are different kinds of Paragon for different tires. Say one for foams another for rubber tires. Is there or just odorless and one with odor. Does it help your tires last longer too? Cause ive heard someone say that it helps it wear less on foam tires after the little line of the foam goes away.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

I don't think there's different kinds for foam and rubber. They do have two different compounds but I don't think they're specifically for one kind of tire. I've never run foams so I don't know about the wear factor with them but on rubber tires on asphault I'd have to say if anything they wear faster.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

hey thanks for all the info you've given me.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Any time. That's what I'm here for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.