Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Favorite classes:

1. VTA
2. F1
3. the rest
Old 03-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
If the USVTA would allow such as the XXX motor and if only "1" person finds a little more speed in it, guess what?...years of proven racing and fun go out the window, and considering no body is police the 25.5's ie ROAR, its a turkey shoot.
Yep, as soon as someone wins one of these Scale Nats or even your local club race with the XXX motor the people with the Novak motor will feel they need to buy XXX motor to compete... Happens all the time in other classes.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

favorite class.

VTA
F1
mini.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
sorry guys...this is the point of the thread...questions and if you like, answers....

if you have a question, ask here and get the correct answer...not a smart azz remark...

so please ask away as much as possible and those with the correct knowledge will answer you to the best of their ability

feel free to ask as much as you want...
I am all about that and making newcomers feel welcome. I was in no way trying to discourage folks from asking questions. I was just trying to explain why certain subject matter can ellicit a little banter. It may be off putting if we chew on you a little bit and you don't understand why. We are just having fun. And it is irresistable the temptation to jump on board when the repeater questins come up.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Favorite classes:

VTA
Stadium Truck

Old 03-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vta is sort of the barber saab of rc. One motor brand rule. It works.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah it works i guess. except when you cant get a motor due to everybody is out of stock. about a month ago or so it was like that. nobody had em in stock. fortunately our local guy had 2 of them.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Fav Classes:
USVTA
USGT
ROAR VTA
SCT
F1
Old 03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Barber/SAAB and Barber/Dodge were completely identical cars with the possible exception of springs and sway bars, much like the SCCA's Formula Enterprise and Spec Racer F (fka Spec Racer Ford). With the motor being the only specifically specified item, and having both the Ballistic and the Boss racing at present, comparing VTA and either of the Barber series is inaccurate at best.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

I think the last iteration of the ASA series, which specified a crate Chevy LS motor is more accurate.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
Yep, as soon as someone wins one of these Scale Nats or even your local club race with the XXX motor the people with the Novak motor will feel they need to buy XXX motor to compete... Happens all the time in other classes.
I agree, though you have to admit, the same concept could be applied to brand XXX speed control, which thanks to USVTA testing speed controls first before allowing them hasn't happened from what I can tell.

Which, if you went a step further, who knows could apply to motors that are approved for USVTA if that ever happened.

With USVTA being quite popular it appears, if that ever was an option I wouldn't be surprised to see manufacturers jumping on board to have there stuff "USVTA compliant".

just a thought ....
Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
I agree, though you have to admit, the same concept could be applied to brand XXX speed control, which thanks to USVTA testing speed controls first before allowing them hasn't happened from what I can tell.

Which, if you went a step further, who knows could apply to motors that are approved for USVTA if that ever happened.

With USVTA being quite popular it appears, if that ever was an option I wouldn't be surprised to see manufacturers jumping on board to have there stuff "USVTA compliant".

just a thought ....
That whole scenario is a long shot. The burden of checking motors and maintaining parity among them, well it sounds like a daunting task with too much at stake if anything goes wrong. Which is likely.
I think the best scenario we could ever hope for, if we wanted multiple brands of motors, would be that other manufacturers would, through a license from Novak, build to exact specs the same motors that we are racing right now. Yeah. I don't see it happening either. For now Novak is keeping up with demand.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

all the cards are stacked in Novaks favor seeing there 25.5 is the only motor that can be used in usvta
Old 03-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

I can't argue with that, but Novak answered positively when this class really needed an answer. Many still believe that Novak should continue to reap the benefits of that move. It was a hard choice to get to the current rule set. But now, several years deep, The class is so much more solid now. Robk and the Jedi council still deserve props for doing what it took. I wish I could say that I helped.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mac10can
all the cards are stacked in Novaks favor seeing there 25.5 is the only motor that can be used in usvta
all the talk in this thread, and especially the last 3 or 4 pages, and that's the best comment you can come up with????? almost makes me want to hit the 'report' button since you're most likely a duplicate userid

as multiple people have said - novak stepped up and offered one when NO ONE ELSE did or wanted to for this 'slow grass roots class'...now everyone's trying to jump on the bandwagon that is USVTA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.