Search

ROAR to 4 cell....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
just remember to gear up a few teeth on the pinion
Yep, should be pretty close to what we geared those 1/12 TC's with 4 cell 19 turn...wagen wheel pinions
Old 11-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...don't be stingy when gearing up either...

try gearing up 10-12 teeth over what ever you've run at that given track w/ 6 cell. If you have a given FDR you've been using, try gearing it 33% higher. (an 8.50 fdr would become a 5.61)

SOME TC's will not allow that kind or ratio change very easy, at least w/o changing to a much smaller spur gear.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
I think Art is on to something (is ROAR listening??)...get rid of NiMH and brushed motors...just fast forward to Lipoly and brushless...sounds like a lot more fun....or just sell all your electric stuff and go nitro.
oh god... glad you werent elected
Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Yep, should be pretty close to what we geared those 1/12 TC's with 4 cell 19 turn...wagen wheel pinions
You should see what I'm running on my 12th with a 13.5....
Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I normally run a 6.2 and can go easily to around a 4.5..my Losi will not be affected at all by the weight balence, so im looking foward to trying it tomarow..thx for the advise...sorry to steal the tread, back to the debate.

Vtl...its BL so totally different gearing wise, yeas i have run them in 12th also.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

From my perception there are three ROAR officials posting on this debate:
Adrian Martinez - Promotions Director
Billy Bowerman - Comeptitions Director
Tim Potter - National On-road Committee Chairperson

To me it seems that the 4 cell issue is being persued by Adrian
Billy is concerned about bringing new racers into ROAR and the hobby
Tim stated that the on-raod committee is discussing the issue, but has not reached a decision to present to the Excom.

Shouldn't Roar at least wait until the on-road committee reaches a decision and then presents it to the Excom?
Should the promotions director try to ram his percieved cure thru without the recomendation of the on-road com?

Who exactly is on the Excom?
From reading the ROAR web site, there is no separate listing of the Excom members, but from the Nov Ecom meeting minutes, all of the elected positions were present and made the decisions, Are these people the Excom ?
To whom should we direct our opinions too, either by postings or e-mail ?
Fred
Old 11-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.roarracing.com/excom.php
Old 11-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

ROAR-(Remotely Operated Auto Racers)

What has brushless got to do with racing?
Take the motor out of the box, put it in the car and Race?
GOOD, create a mandatory SPEC class. Has a spec class ever become sucsesfull?
Racing is about going fast, faster, fastest!
Racing is about taking an existing product and making it faster than the other guys.
Whats the most sucsesfull racing series in the US? NASCAR, they use a 1950's design motor, V8 pushrod with a carburator and still the development keeps going.
Does nitro have a spec class? There are a lot of diff engines to choose from all based on the same basic design and getting more power every year.

Racing is about more than just driving skills, its about being able to constantly develope the product.
Fred
Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

C_O_Jones the excomm is listed on the ROAR site. There are several On-road committee people that have commented on this site besides the chairperson.At least 2-3 have made comments.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BullFrog
C_O_Jones the excomm is listed on the ROAR site. There are several On-road committee people that have commented on this site besides the chairperson.At least 2-3 have made comments.
Thanks Billy, I just wasnt shure if the Excom was a different group or not.
And thank you for your input.
Fred
Old 11-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Racing is about going fast, faster, fastest!
Racing is about taking an existing product and making it faster than the other guys.
I'm starting to feel that part of what is being addressed is that we are at the end of the fast, faster, fastest, cycle for 99% of us. In other words, the equipment is so fast that most of us are no longer going faster on the track, regardless of how much faster and more power the item is that we install.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Relative to the fast, faster, fastest, debate, I think it can also be shown that most of us are giving up on full on mod, as it's to much of a commitment in time, and that we can go just about as fast with a 19t motor with a car that is not setup as well. Where the Maxxed out mod car requires a considerably more accurate setup and more time to donate to wrenching, with no guarantee of faster lap tims, for 99% of us.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Bob, the mod class is dead other than a few cars running in series or 1 of the big races here in the NW. The interest is gone, I just cant understand why the majority of racers will have to downsize. I'm fine with the speed of stock and 19t, so are 99% of the racers around here too.
Brushless hasn't taken off at all, 1 local track has a class for them, but those people havent raced anywhere else locally.
the fun of racing is being able to tinker with the motors, even in the Tamiya silver can classes we always had our tricks to do.
I dont plan on spending around $300 to run a spec class, just makes no sense!
It will be more fun to spend $18 on a new mabuchi, run 6 cell and go as fast as roar stock BL that cost $250.
Adrian, you want to lose me from TC ? I buy new chassis every year or less, not because I need it, but because to me its fun. You tell the manu's and the hobby shop WHY!
I can and will go nitro 1/10th.
Fred Forg
Old 11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Legend

G BoB ....

I only race mod for the reason`s you just posted ....

really.....

You just seem like you think its Ok for experience racer`s in the stock class`s to keep dominating untill no novices or begginers come back to play...

The rule change will help resolve this main issue with the sedan sport...

*The new rule will give the experience stock racer`s the same speed in 19T with less wear and tear....Bonus !!!

*The newbee`s will have a car they can control and have fun racing 27T ... Bonus !!!

*The guys who need speed will be able to do mod with out smoking up the track ... Bonus !!!

I can go on & on bout the benefits ....

Its not hard ...
Old 11-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes, the on-road comittee WILL forward on the suggestion we determine. The EXCOMM will most likley debate what we suggest and go with it. That is how most of the on-road rules are made or changed. I can tell you for a fact, the comittee will take time to determine what our suggestion will be. To be frank, this discussion, while relevant, it way too premature from OnRC standpoint. We will take as much data into consideration as possible, and WHEN... WHEN the EXCOMM proposes a date for our suggestion we will forward it.

This whole thing got out of hand when Billy made some comments to his locals ( at least that is what I read). and they flipped out...

If anybody has question, feel free to email me

[email protected]

Originally Posted by C_O_jones

To me it seems that the 4 cell issue is being persued by Adrian
Billy is concerned about bringing new racers into ROAR and the hobby
Tim stated that the on-raod committee is discussing the issue, but has not reached a decision to present to the Excom.

Shouldn't Roar at least wait until the on-road committee reaches a decision and then presents it to the Excom?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.