Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Franchise Racing Official Thread! >

Franchise Racing Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Franchise Racing Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Franchise Racing Products would like to welcome our newest memember :Bill Fraden !

Here is a little background on Bill:

"I've been racing R/C cars since 1979. Started two clubs here in Jacksonville, Florida.Built a permanent track- asphalt that is still around today that nobody uses. Held many state on-road races-a Regional and One National in 2000. I've been involved with the Florida State On-road series since it started and I'm the last original person continuely running in the series. I was also the region director for Florida from 1990-2004. I also started the off-road series with the help of several others from Orlando way back then."

Another great Addition to the team, welcome aboard Bill! We look forward to the addition of his close friend as well, Mr. Dave Willi!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FranchiseRP
Awesome, well it looks like I will be heading you way in March!
fantastic! hope we can show everyone the love like the gayte does each year...
Old 12-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Franchise Racing Products would like to welcome our newest memember :Alston Kelso!

Here is a little background on our newest member!

"This past weekend was the US Indoor Championships it is one of the largest, best supported and longest continuously radio control racing events in North America. It was the 33rd running of this event and my first time attending.

The event was held in a Holiday Inn which was amazing in looks and great for an abundance of spectators. The layout was quite large and flowing which made for great competitive racing. We had some of RC’s best including Paul Ciccarello, Andrew Hardman, Kevin Hebert, Paul Lemieux, and Josh Cyrul just to name a few at the event.

I started the weekend out with my S411 feeling a bit loose. It was close to pace but felt as though it was a bit off. My S411 was setup to for high traction and the track was very far from being high grip. I thought that eventually the traction would come up so I made minor adjustments to my setup to compensate. First thing I did was was remove 1mm of shim from the front inner camber link to get the car to hold mid-corner a bit better. I also lowered my rear droop .8 mm to help the rear end stay planted by adding a little more roll from the rear end. I also wanted more corner entry so I tried putting in a gear diff in the front with diff lock inside.

I used my first qualifier to try these settings due to limited practice that was available. I found that the gear diff caused a bit to much exit steering causing the rear end to come around. The grip level was still low. I then decided to go back to my previous setup and change droop all around on the car. On hudy droop blocks I went to 5.4mm up front and 5mm in the rear I finally got the car just how I liked it. It was smooth and very easy to drive. In my second qualifier I improved my pace but traffic was a problem and caused me to fall off pace. In my third qualifier I was ready to reset TQ with the car feeling very neutral and easy to drive but in my second to last lap I encountered a back marker that decided to race me down the straight hitting me and causing me to fall of pace by quite a bit. My third qualifier placed me 9th into the A-main. With my fourth and final qualifier I wanted to do great and felt as thought my tire prep was lacking. Twenty minutes before my race I then begin to allow wd-40 to sit on the tires for 10 minutes to soften the rubber and gain traction. After 10 minutes I cleaned the tires off and then would allow them to air dry for about 4 minutes. I would then apply my traction compound to sit until my race started. So in my fourth qualifier I found my car to have a much better feel, it felt as though it was in the carpet and not sitting on top of the carpet. With just changing my tire prep and less traffic I bettered my previous pace by 13 seconds.

Unfortunately the top drivers bettered there pace as well so I didn’t take TQ but it placed me 4th place into the A-main. Finally happy with my hard work I am ready to face my competitors and sure my car is capable of taking first its just up to the driver at this point. The start of the A-main was wonderful with everyone running very clean and cautious within the first 5 laps I moved from fourth to second the car felt amazing. I was slowly closing the gap on first but wasn’t sure I would catch him. On my 16th lap half way through the race I went to pass lapped traffic and was taken out permanently for the remainder of the race. I was forced to finish in 9th place.

Even with my results I took a lot away from the race weekend I learned that the Serpent S411 is a strong force in on-road racing. The car was consistent, fast, easy to drive, and durable. I have definitely gotten more comfortable with the car and feel I have landed on a setup that will be great on any track with minor adjustments.

My Serpent Team mate John Lee ran the exact setup and found success making it 3rd into the B-main and finishing 3rd. He had to settle for the B-main due to not being able to get a clean qualifier.

My set-up: kelso champs

I would like to thank Paul Ciccarello as well as Team Serpent America and Smc-Racing. I would also like to thank my mentor James Reilly, Serpent Team mate John Lee and my Detroit Racing Family. Would also like to thank Titan racing."

From Alston Kelso indoor champs.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

First Hangover classic in the books at the Gate in Cleveland Ohio. Franchise Racing Products Team Drivers Mike Wise and Alston Kelso Tq'd 1/12th stock and TC stock, as well as Team Driver Adam Buchholtz making both mains also! Alston took home the win in TC stock, with Mike coming in secound and Mike took home the secound spot in 1/12th stock. Great race, great turnout, great job by our Team! Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter page as well as out own website!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

FRP just released a new fan that pushes a ton of air! Go to the site and check it out.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Adam B
FRP just released a new fan that pushes a ton of air! Go to the site and check it out.
Thats Right Adam!

Franchise Racing Products is releasing it’s first in a long line of products in the next few weeks! First off will be out 30mm x 30mm x 10mm cooling fan! This is the MAXIMUM size fan that is ROAR approved! Pushing over 8,500rpm at 5v this fan will help keep your motor cool and efficient all run long.

Check them out!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Regional Moderator

How many CFM at 5v?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
How many CFM at 5v?
5.5 CFM

Im sorry thats 9500 rpm, as well
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

oops, change of plans

Last edited by Adam B; 01-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

This past sunday Alston, Will J, and I were in Toledo at Hobby Stop West. Alston continued his dominance at that track, Will was in the A also. I got a bum cut and was BQ. During my B main run, it was myself and another car fighting for the A main bump, but after much traffic and bumper cars I decided to lay back and make my move towards the end of the race. For some reason our run was only 5 minutes long, and took everybody by surprise.

This coming weekend Franchise racing will be in Springfield, Ohio for the 4th leg of the Grand Slam series at Access Hobbies. Alston and myself plan on running Mod TC, and 17.5 TC. Will is going to run TC and 12th scale, and I am kicking around 12th scale also.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Adam B
This past sunday Alston, Will J, and I were in Toledo at Hobby Stop West. Alston continued his dominance at that track, Will was in the A also. I got a bum cut and was BQ. During my B main run, it was myself and another car fighting for the A main bump, but after much traffic and bumper cars I decided to lay back and make my move towards the end of the race. For some reason our run was only 5 minutes long, and took everybody by surprise.

This coming weekend Franchise racing will be in Springfield, Ohio for the 4th leg of the Grand Slam series at Access Hobbies. Alston and myself plan on running Mod TC, and 17.5 TC. Will is going to run TC and 12th scale, and I am kicking around 12th scale also.
Good Luck Guys!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FranchiseRP
Good Luck Guys!
Franchise players don't need luck. They get it done with steely determination, and copious amounts of skill.....
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

It's quite humbling to race with a collection of gentleman possessing such talent, and still be the 34th fastest of the group.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Access Hobbies Grand Slam Race

This past weekend Alston, Will, and myself went to Springfield, Ohio for the 4th leg of the Midwest Grand Slam Series. Alston TQ'ed and won in 17.5 touring car. Will started off the weekend running both Mod TC, and 17.5 12th scale but decided to focus on 12th scale as the competition was great in that class. Some of the racers in the Mod TC class were running 17.5 cars for extra track time. I ran Mod TC (first time ever), and 17.5 TC. Will had some great runs with 12th scale and was a major contender in the main. But, as with the 17.5 TC class, there was a lot of traffic. Come to find out, normally they run no more then 6 cars at a time on the track. Due to the points series, they stuck with running 10 cars in the mains. Will was running in the top 3 with 12th scale until he got tangled with lap traffic and his car was hard to drive. I took 3rd in Mod, and not sure how I finished in 17.5 TC. I qualified 9th as I kept messing with set up, and gearing to find the right combination. I know at one point I worked myself up to 4th or 5th but on the last lap I was parked by traffic.

On another note, if you have not raced at Access Hobbies, you are missing a great program. The grip levels were great, the layout for this race was fun, and the track is very well heated. Ian and his father Joe make sure everybody feels at home. The down side would be running 10 car mains, but for normal club racing or future large events, that could be adjusted. I heard talk that people were concerned with the program due to some of the issues from Indoor Champs. Let it be known that delays at Champs were due to a problem with a temporary track, and computer issues, which all seem to be worked out now. I see myself making the trip back to Springfield for some club racing, and can not wait until this years Indoor Champs. I would like to thank Ian, Joe, and anybody else that made us feel at home there.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default NEW PRODUCT!

FRP is now a vendor for VIPER! This is great news as Viper already has proven itself with motors and speed controls. Also they are working on new things that will change the way you think about motors. Stay up to date not only hear for news, but the site also as FRP is always looking to add more product lines.

http://franchiseracingproducts.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.