Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:32 AM
TLRacing

Hey Guys,

I just want to let you know that we now sell the ball cups(rod ends) for the sway bar ends so you can use them on your car. The part # is LOSA4253 with a retail of $3.00. The kit comes with 4 ball ends and two sway bar mounts. These rod ends work great on the camber links and have minimal slop.

Also Aluminum battery trays are in stock here at Horizon West and they are on their way to Horizon Central. Part number is LOSA4309 with a retail of $19.99.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Battery Tray

I received mine Friday and used it Saturday. It is absolutely awesome. No need to do any dremeling on the bulkheads or anything like that. The IB3800's dropped right in. Note I did shoe goo them together, but made sure they were tight against each other. Do not shrink wrap on the cell's either.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can Anyone help me out? I have 56mm foams and I cant seem to get a good 4 or 5mm ride hight because the shock springs are compressing to much... I hope that makes sence... thanks for any help in advance!!!
Tim
Old 06-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Carpet Track

Originally Posted by Doug Gaut
Crash, please let me know when the track is done!!! I wanna bring my new hot rod up there to play.

This car rocks on the carpet with foams OR rubber tires!!!!
Will do. The dirt is out the wall is down and carpet is being ordered. So from what I have heard we are going to have an all night test and tune night. Shane wants to have it all going in around 3 weeks.

Thanks RBLove, have been running asphalt but with the new bigger carpet track we will be running alot of mod and 19T.

Later,
Old 06-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimmyMontoya
Can Anyone help me out? I have 56mm foams and I cant seem to get a good 4 or 5mm ride hight because the shock springs are compressing to much... I hope that makes sence... thanks for any help in advance!!!
Tim
Check your droop screws, sounds like you have them cranked down too much...
Old 06-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Wanabee... no the droop screws are basicly out and the arms are touching the chassis...
Old 06-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
I received mine Friday and used it Saturday. It is absolutely awesome. No need to do any dremeling on the bulkheads or anything like that. The IB3800's dropped right in. Note I did shoe goo them together, but made sure they were tight against each other. Do not shrink wrap on the cell's either.
As the tray is aluminium, do you have any concern that the cells would/could short out in the tray? Maybe I worry too much, but electricity just loves metal bites
Old 06-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Tim
Tim,
I haven't run foams on my car yet, but on some cars I've had in the past I needed to unscrew the shock end a turn or two to give me enough travel to maintain ride height. Just a thought......
Old 06-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wanabee... no the droop screws are basicly out and the arms are touching the chassis...
Check to make sure that your shock towers are in the "low" location. I have had 55mm foams on my car with no issues getting to 5+mm of ride height.....this was one of the first things I checked when I built the car to see how small of tires I can run. If your droop screws are not the issue make sure that the uptravle screws are not hitting the chassis maybe or the sway bar arm is installed the correct way. You should have no problems getting to 5mm with 56mm foams.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

kevin K... Yes the tower is in the low position... maybe someone would tell me how long there shocks are like 2- Bad has suggested. And for giggles I pulled all up and downstop screws out. Im very miffed as to my problem....
Old 06-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

kevin K... Yes the tower is in the low position... maybe someone would tell me how long there shocks are like 2- Bad has suggested. And for giggles I pulled all up and downstop screws out. Im very miffed as to my problem....
What’s the problem exactly? Are you not getting enough ride height or are you putting to much pre-load on the springs and the more pre-load you add is the car's ride height getting not getting higher? When the car was designed I think they looked at this as it was an issue with the XXXS and for me it looks like they fixed it but I’m baffled as to your issue here. I’m here at work and I don’t know how long my shocks are I can get that info later if someone doesn’t supply it sooner.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Kevin K.....Yes to get 5mm ride hight I have to preload the springs and they actually compress. I dont believe they should have to be that way.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The shocks should be about 62mm on carpet.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Timmy....if you are using softer springs they might take some pre-load to bring the car up to ride-height. What pound springs are you using. I know with my car and 50lb fronts and 20lb rear springs I have to compress them some to get to 5mm ride-height. I dont know how much you are having to crank down on the adjuster to get 5mm but you do need to add a little to them. You dont really want any free play in the springs when running foam tires....when you run rubber tires you can get away with that.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Kevin K.... yes I belive its 55lb. up front and 25lb. in the rear. Im using Kinwalds set-up from the losi web-site. So then my next question is are you using the "droop screws".....mine are totaly out???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.