Old 05-02-2020, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You read my mind

This thing definetly needs more carbon

Old 07-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

The forum software is so f***ed up. I am really angry. Not only that you cannot scroll up and down like you want without jumping 3 pages in the past, now if you write a post and then go to get the pictures, all you wrote just disappears. Then you remember there is a restore button, but after going for the second picture the button is not there anymore
Now I need to do it all over again...

Tamiya came up with a new steering rack design (54965). It looks neat and lighter than the current blue one. Another plus is the changeable Ackermann setting and the long tie rods. My competitive customers of the KR conversions already bought the new Hop Up and now demand a new design of the topplate, because it won’t fit with the current one. Michael Koos sent the new steering rack to my home and I took the time to build it virtually in CAD.
The new rack has longer arms and the steering brigde in front, causing several collisions.

The new design topplate has the camber links brought 2mm to the front and makes space for the longer steering arms. The conection that holds down the center ball bearing also lost material to allow for up to 2mm Ackermann change. I 3d-printed a topplate to check the CAD model. And it nearly fits. I had to take away 0.5mm more material in the middle.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wtcc
The forum software is so f***ed up. I am really angry. Not only that you cannot scroll up and down like you want without jumping 3 pages in the past, now if you write a post and then go to get the pictures, all you wrote just disappears. Then you remember there is a restore button, but after going for the second picture the button is not there anymore
Now I need to do it all over again...

Tamiya came up with a new steering rack design (54965). It looks neat and lighter than the current blue one. Another plus is the changeable Ackermann setting and the long tie rods. My competitive customers of the KR conversions already bought the new Hop Up and now demand a new design of the topplate, because it won’t fit with the current one. Michael Koos sent the new steering rack to my home and I took the time to build it virtually in CAD.
The new rack has longer arms and the steering brigde in front, causing several collisions.

The new design topplate has the camber links brought 2mm to the front and makes space for the longer steering arms. The conection that holds down the center ball bearing also lost material to allow for up to 2mm Ackermann change. I 3d-printed a topplate to check the CAD model. And it nearly fits. I had to take away 0.5mm more material in the middle.

Easy solution. Use the old arms and the new cross bar. Done. But either way. You won’t gain even .001 faster on the track
Old 07-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Steering geometry is pretty important for the feel and consistency. So I could imagine that over a race distance it could make life easier for us „normal“ racers.
Nicadrauspro4 likes this.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

I feel the need to remove some dust off this thread

The outdoor season is almost over and I didn’t visit a track up to now... Thanks to Covid and all the restrictions for the clubs.
This will change this weekend. There is one more RCK race (the series I designed this car for). I somehow stumbled over this date and now are really looking forward to it.
I pulled out the KRv2, checked it, changed some worn parts and now felt the need to install the new steering arms that were mentioned some posts earlier (my customers have it already for some months now):

Old 09-10-2020, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wow. Amazing project. I just went through the whole thread! My kids just finished their first kit build which were TT02's so this is great inspiration.

wtcc Do you have a source for bulk buying screws/hardware or is everything just Tamiya Hop-ups. I see you're in Germany so I may not have access to the same source but thought I'd ask.
wtcc likes this.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Do you mean M3 screws in general or the brightblue aluminum ones?
The former should be bought (if needed) in online shops that only sell screws. You often get 100 for the same price of 5-10 Tamiyascrews.
The latter are not easily to get in the general screw online stores. I buy them mostly from Hiro Seiko and Square as they offer a lot of variation in length and the quality is nice.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Do you mean M3 screws in general or the brightblue aluminum ones?
The former should be bought (if needed) in online shops that only sell screws. You often get 100 for the same price of 5-10 Tamiyascrews.
The latter are not easily to get in the general screw online stores. I buy them mostly from Hiro Seiko and Square as they offer a lot of variation in length and the quality is nice.
I was talking about the latter. I've seen the Square packs, they seem to be the best value in terms of the amount you get. Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Back from the race...
It was a near perfect weekend. Perfect weather conditions, nice people, a lot of tracktime, runs without technical issues and not much mistakes.
Saturday practice was nice. I did a lot of laps, 15 minute runs and then 10 minute breaks. That was really cool. The track was low grip and my car and setup were still from Senden indoor high grip carpet. A few tweaks with springs and anti-roll-bars brought the car in a good window.

On raceday I switched from Volante Hybrid to 36r. The car was a tenth slower that way, but much more consistent to drive and reacted smoother to direction changes. I could sweep all qualifiers and later all finals, too. Most of the front runners didn’t attend or cancelled their participation, so it was easier for me this time. I still had a great time with all the nice folks around. It was a perfect end to my holidays.

Old 09-14-2020, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Always a pleasure to see one of your posts. What is the name and location of the track you raced at, it looks amazing
wtcc likes this.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks! That is the track of the EMC-Marktoberdorf club in the beautiful region of south Germany called Allgäu.
Their website is not good at all, better check out their Fb page
Dan the Man likes this.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Great car !!!!
wtcc likes this.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks! That is the track of the EMC-Marktoberdorf club in the beautiful region of south Germany called Allgäu.
Their website is not good at all, better check out their Fb page
Hi.

One question, did your race against more TT-02 or other touring cars? I would like to know how good can this car perform comparing to belt cars.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IIRC correctly, he uses the car in the RC Kleinserie, in the GT-Sport class, which would limit it to TT-01s and TT-02s (with open tuning, except for the original plastic tub chassis, which may not be modified.)
Old 09-16-2020, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eotz
Hi.

One question, did your race against more TT-02 or other touring cars? I would like to know how good can this car perform comparing to belt cars.

Thanks in advance.
I have just practiced with competition tcs not raced them. As Dirk said, the RCK series demands an unchanged TT02 tub chassis. When practicing with ETS 17.5t class cars indoor I am failing their best times by at least two tenth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.