Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by poeee
rcmart are showing the R2 kits back in stock. I hope this means we're BACK?!

hello, I'm driver for specr.there are some problems with the supplier for the plastic parts.those were very weak so now they want to improve it .I spoke with spec R That everybody ask for parts,the guys are doing there best to stock the new parts for the riders.i hope i help you guys a little best regards ruud
Old 01-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Roller for sale

:http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...uring-car.html
Old 02-27-2017, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Just purchased an S2 with aluminum wheel hexes and a few spare arms. Just getting back into the hobby for first time since a '99-'05 stint. No clue what else this car needs to be squared away for decent 17.5 class competition? All I could read through and determine was that there are a lot of varying opinions on which parts need to be converted to aluminum etc. :\ I will see how it runs sometime in the near future
Old 02-28-2017, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Spec-R S1 fully upgraded to R1, ready to race.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ep-tcs-f1.html
Old 03-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Finally put the S2 together and am pretty upset.

The car went together great and is a really solid kit, BUT why are there 4 button screws (m3x6) missing (no I don't just lose screws or any parts really), and why are both front body posts missing? Last, 2 of the 4 wheel locknuts have no plastic locking ring inside it... really?

I go to check all internet shops and every single one is sold out on the body posts. Spec-R hasnt responded. So I have to pay 4-6$ for screws and 8$ for body posts on top of the price for the kit. Now I have to find out how to deal with the locknut issue. Excellent...

At least I found a few pleasant surprises with red turnbuckles instead of black, red layshaft instead of black, and pre-assembled CVAs which were all apparently not supposed to be supplied in this kit

SIDE QUESTION, how best to fix a slightly non-centered spur gear? Would just tightening the screws on certain parts be good enough or is it possible due to a non-straight spur gear? Having fits with it getting to spin true, so far just fiddling with loosening or tightening the screws on it
Old 03-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 007yoshi
Finally put the S2 together and am pretty upset.

The car went together great and is a really solid kit, BUT why are there 4 button screws (m3x6) missing (no I don't just lose screws or any parts really), and why are both front body posts missing? Last, 2 of the 4 wheel locknuts have no plastic locking ring inside it... really?

I go to check all internet shops and every single one is sold out on the body posts. Spec-R hasnt responded. So I have to pay 4-6$ for screws and 8$ for body posts on top of the price for the kit. Now I have to find out how to deal with the locknut issue. Excellent...

At least I found a few pleasant surprises with red turnbuckles instead of black, red layshaft instead of black, and pre-assembled CVAs which were all apparently not supposed to be supplied in this kit

SIDE QUESTION, how best to fix a slightly non-centered spur gear? Would just tightening the screws on certain parts be good enough or is it possible due to a non-straight spur gear? Having fits with it getting to spin true, so far just fiddling with loosening or tightening the screws on it
Not sure how to fix that, maybe a new spur gear.

I will say I owned one of these for about a race day.

They are the most fragile RC I have ever owned. Be prepared to break shit, on the littlest of taps.

It's not a Tamiya or Yokomo that is for sure.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Well crap. I couldnt afford anything better 450$ budget to start from scratch and that is literally starting from nothing.

Was afraid of going TC4 though, something about shaft drive doesnt gel with me. Maybe I shouldve gone with the Schumacher Mi1v2 :\
Old 03-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

My main issue was the frailness of the arms and C-hubs.

Good thing is you can replace them with Xray parts but that just moves your issue deeper into the chassis.

I think they did some work on the plastic as it was an issue on the earlier kits.

I look at them like a dodge, they can be nice, you just have to be very careful with them.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
My main issue was the frailness of the arms and C-hubs.

Good thing is you can replace them with Xray parts but that just moves your issue deeper into the chassis.

I think they did some work on the plastic as it was an issue on the earlier kits.

I look at them like a dodge, they can be nice, you just have to be very careful with them.
Gotcha, thanks. I did buy a few A arms just in case, but will go with Xray parts where I can from now on.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default X-ray replacement chassis for R-1?

Can anyone tell me what xray chassis will work on the R-1? I love the car but the chassis is damaged. Just curious if it's a t-3 or t-4 and what year would be compatible? Thanks
Old 07-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if there is other parts from other brands that work with the S1? All the spares I find online are all out of stock. Maybe Xray parts such as hubs?
Old 07-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

TC7.1 parts for my S2 cause local shop has them in stock << SUPPLY is a big deal!!! :-)

Have AE TC7.1 a-arms, c-hubs and steering arms on the front and 7.1 a-arms on the rear.

Before you change to 7.1 parts get a wheel base measure and only do one end at a time. Had to put all the spacers behind the arms in the front, 7.1 arm has a kind of a s-ish design.

One BIG diff in shock mounts on arm >>> one!!!!
Old 12-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What parts work for the S1 (Xray, ARC, etc.)? I have one I have used few times and would like to use it instead of buying a new kit. I do not think parts are available any longer.

Arms, bulkheads, belts, etc.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula
What parts work for the S1 (Xray, ARC, etc.)? I have one I have used few times and would like to use it instead of buying a new kit. I do not think parts are available any longer.

Arms, bulkheads, belts, etc.
I used ARC10 suspension stuff on mine when I ran it years ago, their plastics were great.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbob
I used ARC10 suspension stuff on mine when I ran it years ago, their plastics were great.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.