Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
its a nice toasty clear 90 degrees here so cal.

ill take a picture for you when the sun sets
I still drive like I live in Cali.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Give Barb a call @ LunsfordRacing and give her the list of screws.
That's where I get my sets of titanium screws and I use Dynamite aluminum locknuts for the rest and just tap them if I need to.
If I remember correctly it was only $130 for the whole set.
I just talked to Barb yesterday and we will be seeing King Pins for the line of TEN cars in the next few weeks.
Ok that's past ($$) where I'm willing to go for screws :P Stockers are staying... LOL
Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
Question for the Carbon Fiber experts

Can a front kick up be added to a flat peice of CF carefully with a heat gun ?

Thinking of making me own chassis.
Originally Posted by SaladFork
As far as I know, no because the CF is heat cured. Reheating it can cause some issues possibly making it brittle. I could be wrong I am no expert.
It was my understanding CF is Epoxy resin and is pressed but not always heated ? I to am concerned with making it brittle but unsure myself.

Thanks Trev.

Shouldn't require to much heat to make it slightly pliable ?
Was thinking of clamping the CF to the stock chassis and applying just enough heat to get the form. IDK ?

Anyone else whom can shine some light on this Please.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Ok that's past ($$) where I'm willing to go for screws :P Stockers are staying... LOL
Maybe the screws come with the needed tools also ?
Thats a bit o-money more I'd spend myself.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

It was my understanding CF is Epoxy resin and is pressed but not always heated ? I to am concerned with making it brittle but unsure myself.

Thanks Trev.

Was thinking of clamping the CF to the stock chassis and applying just enough heat to get the form. IDK ?

I did a little bit of reading and it sounds like it has memory once molded. So if you heat it up and get it to bend, it most likely will bend back on its own.

Molding CF does not look that hard, granted it trial and error if you have never done it. But looking on Youtube it doesn't look to terribly difficult given you have an area to work with the epoxy. Also not sure about the cooking part, autoclave?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

I still drive like I live in Cali.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Is it always like that there really? If I couldn't ride my motorcycle, I don't think that I could live there.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

I'd rather buy one than make my own from scratch, thats waaaaay to much IMO.

Thank You sir for your insight.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
Is it always like that there really? If I couldn't ride my motorcycle, I don't think that I could live there.
You can ride a bike but in the summer only... Last month it rained 30+ days strait. Last weekend we had one nice day, then back to the rain till today then back to another week of forcasted rain.

It does not rain like it does in other parts of the country, like the south where you get 2-3 inches of rain in an hour. It just drizzles nonstop.

I'd rather buy one than make my own from scratch, thats waaaaay to much IMO.

Thank You sir for your insight.
No problem, I hope to see more CF stuff come out for RC.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone know when the next shipment of sctes goes out? Any rumors! Ive been away and havent heard much.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OFNA PINS..... so on these ofna pins.. you don't need to use the diff blocks?? you just use the pins alone because they are thicker???

thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by bustanut666
OFNA PINS..... so on these ofna pins.. you don't need to use the diff blocks?? you just use the pins alone because they are thicker???

thanks
Ofna pins are pretty thick, you can just toss the square block in the trash lol. So yea, you just use the pins alone.
You also need to cut the Ofna pin evenly on both sides for it to fit inside the diff case.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Thanks Trev.

Manufacturing of a composite that would be used for a chassis usually requires a lay up of the reinforcing material along with a matrix material which is usually epoxy. The compositie is formed by applying a large amount of pressure (this is the moulding proccess) and heat, although there are some processes that do not use elevated heat. In any case most composites used for rc parts fall into a thermoset compsite category which means once the composite is done curing, it can no longer be heated and reformed while still maintaining it's original material properties.

So short answer is no we can't simply take a heat gun to a CF sheet and create a kickup. The kickup needs must be created in the original mould.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I worked for an interactive design agency in La Mesa. One of the projects I was on was developing an interactive CD Rom that was handed out at the season open of their 40th anniversary game. We also build and designed all the 3D intro's played on the jumbotron for that season. It was a fun project...

Rage is the die hard Chargers fan.
I was a medic back in the day...one of the perks was game duty. Used to live on Rancho Mission Rd. and we could watch the games from the billboard next to our condo.
I too miss SD...Texas is close, but will never smell or compete with the weather.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Give Barb a call @ LunsfordRacing and give her the list of screws.
That's where I get my sets of titanium screws and I use Dynamite aluminum locknuts for the rest and just tap them if I need to.
If I remember correctly it was only $130 for the whole set.
I just talked to Barb yesterday and we will be seeing King Pins for the line of TEN cars in the next few weeks.
Ouch....I'm just tired of stripping every screw on the truck. $130 would save headaches though.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

So whats the best wheels for the truck DE or Proline??? Both front wheels on mine bent after 2 packs, whats funny is i didnt crash or even get hit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.