Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Got mine this weekend. Need to make up my mind on motor combo. Think I am going to do a few mods before I run it. Need to order the diff pins just to be on the safe side. I wanna add the droop pads while I have the diffs out. Probably won't be hitting the track anytime soon.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
There are already people making hardened pins , and Losi is working to resolve the issue , not telling people its their fault like TD is

Sorry this truck is light years ahead in materials and workmanship from the Strike to compare the two really isnt fair IMO .

I don't know about that both have drivetrian issues, from the same company.[/QUOTE]

Yeah , but the Strike really was a turd , sorry I like Losi products but nobody can deny the Strike was a mistake

The Ten platform has been out for a while and is pretty proven already .
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This truck isn't based off the Strike, duh! It's based off the Ten T which was based off the 8ight. I think the Durango is a good truck, but also has some issues which cost more money to fix are harder to get and there is no long term solution to the problem. Flip a coin and hope you got it right... It's still a good truck. But so is the Hyper10 and the Jammin which I feel the Durango false into, lighter and less durable. After market parts support on the Durango will be close to nill, OEM hop ups are spendy, especially from Europe.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigemike
are ten-t and ten-scte shock towers the same?
Yes they are , Stormer Hobbies has the carbon fiber towers for the cheapest online that I have found .

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=LOSB2172

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=LOSB2173
Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

bashem you racing tomarrow.
im just not sure i want to put anymore wear on my diffs.
trying to see if chris has anymore pins.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by subaru_tech
bashem you racing tomarrow.
im just not sure i want to put anymore wear on my diffs.
trying to see if chris has anymore pins.
Cant , the wife has too work so I have too stay home I am hoping too race on Saturday , but probably will run Friday night .
Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Looking for opinions on the best setup for this truck motor/battery wise. I am running the 4.5 and 5.5 ballistic novak's and just feel they are overworked in this truck. I've seen some comments about others running these motors but I just can't seem to get the temps down no matter what gearing I use. I was thinking the castle 1415 sc motor running on 3s or 4s. Would like awesome power and speed with great runtimes. And also cool temps. Want to be able to tune down for speed and power instead of overheating trying to run larger pinions. I just think this truck is too heavy for 2s (to run consistently cool with long runtimes). I am running the tekin rx8 so pretty much can run anything. Also saw the 1410 castle motor but thought the bigger 1415 would be a better choice.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Looking for opinions on the best setup for this truck motor/battery wise. I am running the 4.5 and 5.5 ballistic novak's and just feel they are overworked in this truck. I've seen some comments about others running these motors but I just can't seem to get the temps down no matter what gearing I use. I was thinking the castle 1415 sc motor running on 3s or 4s. Would like awesome power and speed with great runtimes. And also cool temps. Want to be able to tune down for speed and power instead of overheating trying to run larger pinions. I just think this truck is too heavy for 2s (to run consistently cool with long runtimes). I am running the tekin rx8 so pretty much can run anything. Also saw the 1410 castle motor but thought the bigger 1415 would be a better choice.
Have you tried lowering your "current limiter" on your RX8? I found that to be the solution to lowering temps and increasing run times. I'm geared 14/40. Just my .02.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TD-Ent
Ouch, my eight 2.0 never had that kind of play. That's just a tad excessive.

You think they would have gotten rid of the Strike engineers and not used them on this kit.
I have to agree with you, my Losi 8 2.0 doesn't have any play that I can tell. It's gotta be the pins.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Cool

Just got in from Tues Nite racing.....
And guess what UPS left at my door....

A Brand New set of Rear Arms from Horizon.....
Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default help

i am running a tekin 5.5 with the rx8. i over heated my motor and need to send it back. i run on a lose dirt track. does anyone have some input on what i should set my speed control timing to? or how i should set up my spped control? cause i haven't got a clue. any in put would be of help. thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by white boy
i am running a tekin 5.5 with the rx8. i over heated my motor and need to send it back. i run on a lose dirt track. does anyone have some input on what i should set my speed control timing to? or how i should set up my spped control? cause i haven't got a clue. any in put would be of help. thanks
You must have it geared pretty high. I haven't heard of anyone having heat issues with a SC4x 5.5T. It's usually been the SC4x 4.5T. I would hook up your RX8 to a PC and reduce your "current limiter" to 90% and also check to see if you have any binding going on.

I'm using a SC4x 4.5T RX8 geared at 14/40 and my motor temps after a 7 min heat is at 150 and ESC at 98 degrees. As for timing, I think I have mine at 10. Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I just took my car apart after one full battery pack. The pins are toast. Fortunately my diff gears are ok but I'm glad I didn't drive it any more before I took it apart and found out. I have pins on the way from Chris.

Anyone out there who thinks they can drive for a while before replacing the pins better think again. Those pins are softer than the pot metal the diff gears are made of. That's pretty soft.
I say run it till it stops!! I have 4 race days and 3 or more practice days on my truck and I mean full days 10-12 hr days on this rig.I don't have bent drive shafts or worn out drives and the diffs are holding up fine! I do take a second back up truck to the track just in case,but I say run it till it can`t run no more, for me that= over a month with no problems>>>>>>
Old 03-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I say run it till it stops!! I have 4 race days and 3 or more practice days on my truck and I mean full days 10-12 hr days on this rig.I don't have bent drive shafts or worn out drives and the diffs are holding up fine! I do take a second back up truck to the track just in case,but I say run it till it can`t run no more, for me that= over a month with no problems>>>>>>
Eh, I disagree. I ran mine til it stopped and my diff gears were toast. In case you haven't noticed, diff gears are in short supply Yes I fixed mine with parts from a stripped Ten-T off Ebay but how long until that dries up? June is a long way away....

If you have two trucks, different story. Run it til it stops
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=AnonymousUser;8885194]Eh, I disagree. I ran mine til it stopped and my diff gears were toast. In case you haven't noticed, diff gears are in short supply Yes I fixed mine with parts from a stripped Ten-T off Ebay but how long until that dries up? June is a long way away....

If you have two trucks, different story. Run it til it stops[/QUOTE// Ok just trying to keep a positive spin on this somewhat negative pin thang,my truck truly is holding up fine and want people on the fence to know that I have a truck with no problems,and I have been running the Snot out of it!!! I Know parts are gonna start flooding in like they always do....So take my post with a grain of salt ,I may be one of the lucky ones? Anybody else have this much luck with there truck????While running it hard for over a month?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.