Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
My diff out drives (all 3 of them) have the same play in them as the one in the video posted on this thread. Theres one race day on it and I have AE SC10 diff pins in it. So I go and cut the box seal on my NIB SCTE I didn't even cut the tie straps holding the truck in the box. I took the body off and checked the NIB ones they all 3 look just like the video BRAND NEW IN BOX (never been out of the box)

So IMO it probably is something Losi knows about. Of course on the other
hand they knew the striker was a POS and just sold all them off for less then $100.00 just to make the problems go away. I'll be some upset if they do that with what they call a full blown race truck. I'm pretty darn sure from working in a hobby shop for a few years that Losi will take care of all of us SCTE owners though.
I'm sure they will IF it's a problem. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem specific to the wobbly outdrives. As someone else mentioned, my 8ight's outdrives wobble and they always did and I haven't seen how it has adversely affected anything. The diff pins are garbage. Losi is fixing that. I think they'll perhaps rework the plastic for the bumpers to be a bit more flexible, but that will be a running change if it happens. The outdrives wobbling I don't think will turn out to be a problem.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
My diff out drives (all 3 of them) have the same play in them as the one in the video posted on this thread. Theres one race day on it and I have AE SC10 diff pins in it. So I go and cut the box seal on my NIB SCTE I didn't even cut the tie straps holding the truck in the box. I took the body off and checked the NIB ones they all 3 look just like the video BRAND NEW IN BOX (never been out of the box)

So IMO it probably is something Losi knows about. Of course on the other
hand they knew the striker was a POS and just sold all them off for less then $100.00 just to make the problems go away. I'll be some upset if they do that with what they call a full blown race truck. I'm pretty darn sure from working in a hobby shop for a few years that Losi will take care of all of us SCTE owners though.
That hurts my eyes. owwww!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (99%+)

Ouch, my eight 2.0 never had that kind of play. That's just a tad excessive.

You think they would have gotten rid of the Strike engineers and not used them on this kit.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TD-Ent
Ouch, my eight 2.0 never had that kind of play. That's just a tad excessive.

You think they would have gotten rid of the Strike engineers and not used them on this kit.
LOL @ TD-Ent ! Dont you have a stripped ring and pinion you need to replace ?

Is Durango still maintaining that people are building their kits the wrong way and THATS the reason for all the blown diffs ? Even though seasoned vetrans cant seem too keep the diffs from stripping either ?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem

Is Durango still maintaining that people are building their kits the wrong way and THATS the reason for all the blown diffs ? Even though seasoned vetrans cant seem too keep the diffs from stripping either ?
Have you noticed that no one from the Losi thread heads over and bashes on the other trucks? You know what that means? We clearly have the better ride and we know it, no need to go talk smack the truck does the smack talking on the track...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I'm sure they will IF it's a problem. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem specific to the wobbly outdrives. As someone else mentioned, my 8ight's outdrives wobble and they always did and I haven't seen how it has adversely affected anything. The diff pins are garbage. Losi is fixing that. I think they'll perhaps rework the plastic for the bumpers to be a bit more flexible, but that will be a running change if it happens. The outdrives wobbling I don't think will turn out to be a problem.
The notching out of the out drive cups from the cvds hammering them out
is a real problem. Losi has been on here saying theres a fix for that. So
even if we pay to fix it ourselves when the harder new out drive is ready
that will be fine with me. Now if they wait till my trucks are cripple and I
can't race them to give us harder ones I'll be upset. I bought two SCTE's
to get me by till they debug it and have a parts flow for them.

I have faith in Losi thats why I bought this instead of something else.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

btw ChrisAttebery diff pins are great!! he really went out of his way to next day them to me!!! GREAT GUY!!! Im loving this truck more and more at the track its so wicked fast!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem

Um, no...... I really don't think the Durango's problems are near as severe as the Strike-SCTE, I mean TEN-SCTE.

Not a whole lot of complaints on the Durango Forum, how's yours doing?

On a more serious note, this little drive line issue is very familiar to how the Strike's out drives looked. I can't imagine it won't tear itself apart, especially with the power that is being put down.

On the Strike, what helped was using a drill bit to drill out the hole, and use the non-fluted end of that drill bit to tighten things up. Can you do something similar with this pin, except not drilling it larger, just use a tighter fitting pin made with the end of a drill bit?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Have you noticed that no one from the Losi thread heads over and bashes on the other trucks? You know what that means? We clearly have the better ride and we know it, no need to go talk smack the truck does the smack talking on the track...
Oh , I know ... I have been reading that thread because I was gonna get a DESC10 but after seeing what the rep from TD was saying about people not building their cars right when even factory drivers and seasoned vets are blowing them out also ? Other racers have complaned that the diff cases might be flexing leading too the diff failures .

I will take my weak bumpers and soft pins instead thank you . Plus its a safe bet that the aftermarket will be making plenty of parts too fix any shortcomings , I doubt there will be much of an aftermarket for the DESC10 .

I havent noticed and really bad wear in my diff cups , the center diff has some but not too bad .
Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Um, no...... I really don't think the Durango's problems are near as severe as the Strike-SCTE, I mean TEN-SCTE.

On a more serious note, this little drive line issue is very familiar to how the Strike's out drives looked. I can't imagine it won't tear itself apart, especially with the power that is being put down.

On the Strike, what helped was using a drill bit to drill out the hole, and use the non-fluted end of that drill bit to tighten things up. Can you do something similar with this pin, except not drilling it larger, just use a tighter fitting pin made with the end of a drill bit?

Real good idea my friend. You might have something there if we were to
add some Ofna or Kyosho diff shims with your pin idea....

Good stuff... Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You should stop ripping on the other trucks and go post something positive on the Durango thread, since they are the best because you have one.....freaking douchebag..............lol
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

The drill bit blanks work awesome for just about any pin replacement, it's one of the easiest to get, and easily over-looked pieces.

I'm not bashing the Losi, I'd be running it if it weren't for the sour taste I have from the whole Strike fiasco. Heck, if the Durango doesn't work out, I'll probably have to resort to the Losi since there really isn't much else out there that fits. SC10 will be another one that really needs to prove itself.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

My SCTE is rockin and rollin baby and ready too run roughshod over some DESC10's and SC 10 4x4's ! No stripped ring/pinions for me , in fact last time I had the diffs out to change the fluid all the gears still looked new

There are already people making hardened pins , and Losi is working to resolve the issue , not telling people its their fault like TD is

Sorry this truck is light years ahead in materials and workmanship from the Strike to compare the two really isnt fair IMO .
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

There are already people making hardened pins , and Losi is working to resolve the issue , not telling people its their fault like TD is

Sorry this truck is light years ahead in materials and workmanship from the Strike to compare the two really isnt fair IMO .[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that both have drivetrian issues, from the same company.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

are ten-t and ten-scte shock towers the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.