Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me decide, or convince me... XRAY vs RDX

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It comes with a 3mm chasis compared to the Xray's 2.5mm chasis, but I do believe you are right and this chasis is in both kits. It does hover come with a stiffer top deck.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Tag
I would say X-Ray...Dont let the plastic shocks fool ya..If you watch most set up's all factory drivers use them. There smoother than butter when built right. RDX would be my second choise, nice out the box car.
A FK05 did beat me yesterday, but only by a car length
Old 09-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

fk05 all the way
Old 09-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Xray has aluminum shock bodies as a $30 upgrade. Most people at my local track are still using the plastic shock bodies and have had no problems with them. I don't know much about the rdx but I believe that it comes with front aluminum axle carriers. So some of the guys at my local track who have an rdx have had to by bushings because thier bearings went to crap. Which I beleive are a $25 parts. So with either car you might want to buy those upgrades.
-Shaggy
Old 09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Naa, it comes with plastic ones. The aluminum ones are a $50 upgrade. They come with bearings that some people (including me) have had trouble with over time. They can be replaced with bushings or a couple of washers if you have trouble.

You can get an idea of prices on parts and Corally options for the RDX here. You can usually save a few bucks if you buy the parts from SpeedTech or Stormer instead. You can see some of the Specialized R/C stuff here.

Anyway, take this all with a grain of salt. It's mostly going to be opinion based on people's experience with only one (presumably the one they're running) of the two cars. You can't go wrong with either choice. It's just a matter of what's right for you.

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Xray has aluminum shock bodies as a $30 upgrade. Most people at my local track are still using the plastic shock bodies and have had no problems with them. I don't know much about the rdx but I believe that it comes with front aluminum axle carriers. So some of the guys at my local track who have an rdx have had to by bushings because thier bearings went to crap. Which I beleive are a $25 parts. So with either car you might want to buy those upgrades.
-Shaggy
Old 09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Oops

Oops, sorry about that. Still either of the two are great cars.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dont forget the BMI TC4 or FTTC4...They are both very capable of winning.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have been running the RDX since March 05 and just sold it last week and is waiting for an FK-05. I can say both cars are top notch. Pick the one that has parts support. The major factor that made to go back to Xray is the retention value if for some reason I need to sell, would I get a good price for it.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

today was my first race and i was 2 overall in stock whit my RDX after 3 qualification and the top 3 in 19t was : 1. Corally RDX 2. Corally RDX 3.Tamiya 415

so Corally RDX is for sure a pretty good car : Low center of gravity,the car has all those aluminuim parts look pretty good its a pretty good car. also the FK05 is a good car i cant say is not a good car because everybody run them at my club i think we are just 3 people has a RDX ( but today rdx prove that is a car hehe!!) hum i think is a personal choice go whit what you think is better for you!!! because oh god those two car are fast on the track!!

anyways people whit RDX will says go whit the RDX and samething whit the Xray so its a personal choice!!

Later!!
Old 09-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

the best bet is to just ask people form your area. It's not really going to help if someone from a different state tells you to get an xray when corally at your place has more factory and part support. As far as performance both cars are very capabale to beat track records it all depends on the driver and your setup.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Read this and make up your own mind. Good artical on RDX, X-Ray and BD.
http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/beltsrback.asp
Old 09-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Great article, Pops. I've been looking for something like that. I have most of the road tests from all of the mags on both cars, and with magazines, sometimes it can be difficult to get an honest opinion on the cars (like 9.5 or 10 point ratings for everything on every car).

I appreciate everyone's input on the two cars. It seems to be divided right down the middle, which is where I still sit. I am split 50/50. I really like both cars, as they both look to be top-shelf examples of design, workmanship and quality. As I said before, the local track carries large supplies for both cars, so I'm not worried about support.

I do like the Corally's option to buy the car from the start with a battery strap, front diff and a thicker chassis for carpet racing. That's a nice bonus over the FK05, with those items being needed above and beyond.

Ugh. It may just come down to price, but then again with the needed options, the Xray is almost identical in cost to the carpet-spec RDX.

Damnitall.

Keep the quantified and informative opinions coming. I'm starting to lean to one side...

doug
Old 09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

I have both cars, and both are great. My RDX is for racing carpet though and comes with nice extras for carpet. The carpet version comes with thicker upper and lower decks, front and rear diffs for carpet and a complete silver spring set too. The Corally RDX also comes with battery strap and sway bars, my FK 05 came with neither. Both are very capable, but to get thee XRay up to speed on carpet, you have to spend much more. You'll have to purchase springs, carpet chassis, sway bars (although many claim you don't need them), etc. What I ended up doing is running the FK05 on asphalt and the RDX on carpet.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
TLRacing

TEAM LOSI JRXS
Old 09-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

HB Cyclone
will be available anyday now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.