Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Mounting a side exhaust engine....

Bojar - if it's not too late, check out these pics.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...chmentid=67755
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...chmentid=67756
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...chmentid=67757

I did have to tweak the header just a bit so it would clear the rear tires when using 30mm. I did have to shim the engine up about 1mm as well. I've run a four or five tanks through it and it's fine so far.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by tranced; 08-16-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

anyone have a spare set of R40 CVDs you would want to part with?? My LHS and Tower dont' seem to have them in stock and I was kind of hoping to run the car this weekend....

email me at [email protected]

dont care if they are new or used, just need the dogbone portion really....

thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

My r40was the greatest it was set up by Hara
Old 07-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

can anyone please tell me if there is an option part for fitting a lola body to the R40? e.g shock towers or bumper
Old 07-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brett.w
can anyone please tell me if there is an option part for fitting a lola body to the R40? e.g shock towers or bumper
Hey bro all you gotta do is shave the front bumper to fit the lola and before you paint make sure you have an opening for both front shocks, here is a pic of my r-40 with the loal body.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-lola-front3.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-lola-body-holes.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-lola-friends.jpg  
Old 07-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

You can also remove the front shock tower and mount the front shocks directly to the bulkhead lay-down style. I remember reading someone had done this with good results.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tranced
Hey A-I!
Congrats on your beauty of an R-40.
Would you mind posting the '2004' edition steering install instructs? And where you removed the slop?
Its sort of a recipe I believe. Nothing complicated though. Im going to assemble another stock steering setup and check the regular r40 directions to see if there was a slight change. I think I just missed something from before. But whatever went together this time is completely different in feel. Its what I was looking for thats for sure. Im pretty satisfied as the steering is about up to par with my racer2 if not better in some ways. Ill be sure to post about it and what made it so nice.

Just started a new job though so I wont be posting as much anymore. Yeah im sure you guys are sooooo sad...

But yeah look for more technical posts and findings from me from now on rather than the regular Ive got nothing better to do but chat on rctech....hehehh.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oh also figured out how to get the battery to fit into the friggen box correctly. Im sure someone already covered this but hay you can go search through 9gillion pages if you want.

If you look inside the box. Youll see towards the front there is a bump on the inside. This is where you want to place your batterys wire ouput. So it has the room for the bump and isnt pushing on the otherside making it worse.

Which is why I couldnt fully close my battery plate without having to push it down. Now it just falls right completely down and sits all by itself. It was a wonderful thing to watch.

Another cool trick was I used electrical tape and bundled up the wire to the wire adaptor that I guess for me I stick inside of the box. I then take the other side and neatly round that onto the back of that bundle and tada. Clean wires that I can now easily shove into that overly overly small wire compartment. Then run the wire around the top side...not bottom as that will make the battery stick out some. And tada, clean battery install.

BTW funny stuff. The cf battery plate , 6.0grams , stock 6.3....wooohooo im livning la vida loca. I was expecting it to be heavier actually so I guess thats good its lighter...lol.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

Anyone know what hop ups come in the hara/2004 edition r40 kit?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fastharry
a common problem on a few cars......put new knuckles on...and don't hit anything...But I will tell you my freind has tried the GPM knucles and loves them....
already did that...and by the way, during a race, its almost impossible that you will not get hit by another car nor hit something.

your explanation is acceptable BUT even if I hit anything using my V1R, i have yet to experience this problem. I guess the discussion on the issue of HPI Plastic parts not being that sturdy is true.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default R 40 2 speed one way

Hi!
Last night while we asembling a R40, we could not assemble the 2 speed. I thnk there must be a one way bearing in the region that i plotted, but we could not find it. How can we solve it?
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-r40-p16o.jpg  
Old 07-28-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ontheroad
Hi!
Last night while we asembling a R40, we could not assemble the 2 speed. I thnk there must be a one way bearing in the region that i plotted, but we could not find it. How can we solve it?

go back to page 14.....did you install the part# 87082 into the spur gear?....if you did,it should have a one way bearing in it..if it doesn't,call hpi's custmer service...
Old 07-28-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

There's always parts missing in a kit when your doing a late night build
always appears the next day though, strange that.

just a quick question about the lightweight JP clutch bell, is it a straight swap with the stock r40 clutch bell?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah we assembled that part what there is no one way in it and it has to be preasembled. But there is a point that in this page of manuel(In parts list at the left column) it shows #87082 like it has no one way in it.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-r40-p14o.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.