Steve Slayden to Mugen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Steve Slayden to Mugen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
I wouldnt say it's "capable" as so much as it has "potential" :-)
Hmmm... semantics.

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
Win against who?? Other races on his level I hope, if not it really doesn't mean anything.
Yes.

I could be wrong but Mike B has been running mugen for sometime now, once again, I could b wrong.
Yes, he has.

Traxxas is scared to drop a 1/8 competition level RC.
What makes you think that? They actually sell to a much larger market than 1/8 scale racers. I doubt fear has anything to do with it.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

i don't think traxxas scare to enter 1/8 scale competition. right now they doing what the done for years, target beginners and people who only like top speed and bashing but kind of sad that they raised the price on th slash a budget racing truck because other brands selling thiers $200 or more
Old 04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Hmmm... semantics.

Yes.

Yes, he has.

What makes you think that? They actually sell to a much larger market than 1/8 scale racers. I doubt fear has anything to do with it.
i'd love to see the footage of slayden beating any of the top truggy drivers with a revo.

Ur right, they aim at a different market so they'll stay in their lane where they can dominate. Companies that make fuel have dropped official race vehicles. Im not knocking trx @ all. The fanboys need to realize what's goin on
Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
i'd love to see the footage of slayden beating any of the top truggy drivers with a revo.

Ur right, they aim at a different market so they'll stay in their lane where they can dominate. Companies that make fuel have dropped official race vehicles. Im not knocking trx @ all. The fanboys need to realize what's goin on
exactly... where do you think the money is? selling 1000 $300 slashes or 300 $600 truggies?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
exactly... where do you think the money is? selling 1000 $300 slashes or 300 $600 truggies?
The money is actually in the $600 truggies. Traxxas is a major back yard basher company. Only the slash is at the track solely in the U.S. The high end kits are at every track around the world.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

The money is actually in the $600 truggies. Traxxas is a major back yard basher company. Only the slash is at the track solely in the U.S. The high end kits are at every track around the world.
But there are Traxxas products on almost every street in the world.................. well maybe a slight exaggeration. If Traxxas wanted into the 1/8 scale market, they would be there.

Ed M.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

I was a fellow Trx owner, I think TRX will not make a buggy/truggy based on a totally new layout would be needed, not to mention a big block. I think TRX is going to stick to what they know witch is RTR based upon a previous model. I think the truggy/buggy market is too flooded as is, and for TRX to come in (witch would basically have to copy a previous buggy/truggy, ,like most new companies) witch is not their style. They made their money off of the Revo, and now making their money off of the Slash. I think it would be verry hard for ANY company that did not have their feet in the buggy/truggy water to enter and be successfull in this game. Without coming out with a product that would totally stand out. TRX does what they do well, and I think they will stick to that... I do think their next release will be a competitive on road car. They have the resoureses to produce one.I believe it will be 1/10 scale electric, no beefing of tie rods or arms would be needed, they allready have the technology(witch is TRX way) I am not a "fanboy" of TRX, but I could see them going that direction.

Last edited by jjshbetz11; 04-15-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Traxxas does a good job of bringing something new to the market. Tmaxx was best truck around at the time, same for the Revo. They just came out with the Slash and its been a big hit for racers and bashers. I dont think they ever will come out with a 1/8 buggy or truggy thats not there market.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

They have the entry level rtr on lock. Can't find a better dealer.

Since when is having one market enough, you want or need to diversify. I am not saying they will or should.

What I am saying is with how the Revo changed the game, they are forward thinking enough to create a vehicle that is not only competitive but easy to wrench on. I will say that if they did they could still make it an RTR entry level version, then 2 yrs later, a Platinum version....lol.

Easy to wrench on is a must because, I hate working on my Revo.

If I can take my Revo and get rid of that slipper, transmission crap, we have a very raceable MT/Truggy. That should be the next thing they come out with. A transmissionless Revo. 3.3/.21 with a center diff alone (like other 8th scales).

LOL.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
If I can take my Revo and get rid of that slipper, transmission crap, we have a very raceable MT/Truggy. That should be the next thing they come out with. A transmissionless Revo. 3.3/.21 with a center diff alone (like other 8th scales).

LOL.
It would never handle like a truggy though. It would still have most of it's weight on the outside and to the back, killing the weight distribution. The bellcrank/servo saver would still have to be underneath the chassis. That causes a high CG, thus making it roll over easily. I think the revo is a great basher, but as a race truggy platform it would never really do it.

I highly doubt Traxxas would ever try to release an 8th scale racer. The race car market is really competitive right now.

They got the market locked down with their RTRs and are making a killing. I bet at least 80% of the people on this forum has owned a Traxxas at one time or another.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
It would never handle like a truggy though. It would still have most of it's weight on the outside and to the back, killing the weight distribution. The bellcrank/servo saver would still have to be underneath the chassis. That causes a high CG, thus making it roll over easily. I think the revo is a great basher, but as a race truggy platform it would never really do it.

I highly doubt Traxxas would ever try to release an 8th scale racer. The race car market is really competitive right now.

They got the market locked down with their RTRs and are making a killing. I bet at least 80% of the people on this forum has owned a Traxxas at one time or another.
Agreed! Not to mention 1/8 scale really isn't where the money is compared to the non-racer crowd that traxxas caters to currently. I'm sure if they thought it would make them money they would come up with some 1/8 scale stuff. Most likely it would still be basher focused.

Traxxas knows exactly what they are doing. They are by far the biggest RC brand by the volume of vehicles they sell. That means lots of $$. They do a good job at what they do. They will never be a racers brand though(why I won't ever one one again). Slash racing is probably the closest they have been in a long time and the closest they will ever be.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
They have the entry level rtr on lock. Can't find a better dealer.

Since when is having one market enough, you want or need to diversify. I am not saying they will or should.

What I am saying is with how the Revo changed the game, they are forward thinking enough to create a vehicle that is not only competitive but easy to wrench on. I will say that if they did they could still make it an RTR entry level version, then 2 yrs later, a Platinum version....lol.

Easy to wrench on is a must because, I hate working on my Revo.

LOL.
+1 on easy to wrench....my revo gave my wrenching skills
Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
+1 on easy to wrench....my revo gave my wrenching skills
That's because you work on them more than you drive them!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NuthinFancy91
So true and so sad.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NuthinFancy91
aint that the truth. i think they just like tinkering but when u suggest they get a kit they turn their nose up to that........idk why???

like i said earlier, there are companies that made rc accessories, fuel etc and have made highly competitive 1/8 offroad vehicles and some are even on 2nd gen already.

traxxas will need to come light years to even think about entering ANY onroad class!! ive owned several trx vehicles and came to realize they have their place in rc..........im just in a different place now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.