Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Drake 2

Aaron

Im sure you are still buried with AD2 questions. Sorry!

I noticed that the AD2 has a new beefed up rear pivot plate. Why didn't Losi make a new aluminum plate instead of the graphite one? I'm sure the truck has been tested with this new plate. Is there a need to run the trinity aluminum pivot ?

I also noticed that the truck is pictured with a pink spring. I know this spring is way too soft for the AD1. Has the rear suspension geometry been redesigned? If so, why the softer rear spring?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Aaron,

OK...scenario. You're practicing with you buggy and everything is feeling like 87-ish%. The back end is really planted and allows you to lay down the power safetly. It jumps and lands just fine. But you want a tad more mod corner steering. Is this a setup change or tire change? Currently you're running Red Tapers with standard foam in front and silver tapers with standard foam in rear.

What do you do?......what, do, you, do!?

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Aaron, do you know why HobbyPeople doesnt carry Losi and Schumacher? And also how come they have decided not to hold anymore parking lot races in Escondido? Is it because of the lack of space or the bad asphalt?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:57 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

I buy arron Lunch and ask him to drive my car for me in the main =)

Originally posted by mafiaracers
Aaron,

OK...scenario. You're practicing with you buggy and everything is feeling like 87-ish%. The back end is really planted and allows you to lay down the power safetly. It jumps and lands just fine. But you want a tad more mod corner steering. Is this a setup change or tire change? Currently you're running Red Tapers with standard foam in front and silver tapers with standard foam in rear.

What do you do?......what, do, you, do!?

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:00 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

They don't buy from Horizon? My two cents is they may eventually only sell XTM, they used to sell losi, until losi started to really get big and they realized, Losi is just too high quality for them to carry =) kidding

Originally posted by waterblast02
Aaron, do you know why HobbyPeople doesnt carry Losi and Schumacher? And also how come they have decided not to hold anymore parking lot races in Escondido? Is it because of the lack of space or the bad asphalt?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Heh...Hope they never decide to carry only XTM. The one truck we got from XTM sucked and hasnt been driven for a year or so now since just too many problems with it. Had to get it fixed the first time we took it out due to tranny problems.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:12 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

they make XTM if you didn't know, a lot more money in it for them to sell XTM, take you for exmple, they sell you a crappy truck, you buy lots of parts, they make lots of money, not as much money in other manufacturers for them.

Originally posted by waterblast02
Heh...Hope they never decide to carry only XTM. The one truck we got from XTM sucked and hasnt been driven for a year or so now since just too many problems with it. Had to get it fixed the first time we took it out due to tranny problems.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

mafia - I don't know what people get when they reach 1000..

I hit that total pretty quick!

toddzhere - I am running Sirio engines..Adam Drake does a small port tear drop towards the exhaust side of the transfer ports on all of my engines.

The new pivot block is plenty strong. The point was to get the strength back without the added weight.

I'm not sure for the reason of having pink springs on the truck in the picture.

mafia - TCR has a pretty dialed idea..haha.

I might add a tad bit of drag brake, but I'd probably try another 1/2 degree of negative camber. Personally, I don't change setups when it comes to little stuff like that, I'd rather make adjustments with my hands (while I'm driving ).

Hobby People is owned by Global Hobby Distributors, which distributes all of the product they sell through the Hobby People stores. Losi is owned by Horizon, who refuses to sell Losi parts to Global for various reasons. Global also does not import Schumacher stuff.

As long as Global continues to distribute other brands' products, they will sell them in addition to XTM. To ignore such a large chunk of the market by only carrying XTM would be a poor decision.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:21 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by mafiaracers
Aaron,

I see that you broke the 1000 barrier....too bad you're a moderator, now you don't get a cool name or title. What title do I get when I hit 1000?
Tech Master

Aaron - Hi.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Hahaha..*sigh*

What's up Troy?
Old 10-19-2004, 12:29 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Hahaha..*sigh*

What's up Troy?
Not much, Just chillin, playin with my new cell phone, helpin you out on your thread.

You?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Aaron - do you use the GTX? I've heard it's a great ESC from the on-road guys but I was wondering if anyone is using it for offroad and if so, how they like it.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Aaron, back on page 60, you stated that the ratios for the MF1 and MF2 are 2.4:1 and 2.55:1 respectively.I could be wrong, but doesn't the manuals specify the MF1 to be 2.43:1 and the MF2 to be 2.53:1?? I was just wanting to verify these ratios because I have Final Drive Ratio charts figured at the 2.43 and 2.53 ratios.I would appreciate it if you could verify the ratios. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

According to the MF2 manual on sheet ii the internal ratio of the tranny is 2.56:1.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Will my xxx-nt rims work on the AD2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.