Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba micro receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You sponsored drivers drive me nuts. No what I want is a micro receiver for my low end radio. It don't even have to be the 4PK stuff.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
Yeah, I imagine Futaba did this to push people to buy their new radio. Too bad because a new micro receiver would be an option upgrade and most receivers are going for $100. Looks like pure profit to me. If they won't do something soon, I'll be considering a Spektrum radio in the future. Fubaba has really let Spektrum pass them up in progression. Futaba has rock solid products but so does the competition.
Futaba had better wake up!

Look what happened to XRAY last time you sent them an ultimatum about taking your business elsewhere if they didn't change the car...

I give it a week before you post that you have decided to order a 4PKS.

Aside from that, I don't understand the obsession with micro receivers. Just put it on top of the servo if it doesn't fit on the lower deck. They weigh next to nothing, it makes as near as no difference to the car.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
...., I don't understand the obsession with micro receivers. Just put it on top of the servo if it doesn't fit on the lower deck. They weigh next to nothing, it makes as near as no difference to the car.
it does in a 1/12 with the low bodies and especially with single cell and a Rx pack
Old 10-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

+1 yep, it makes a HUGE difference in 12th scale. I had a 4PKS...sold it and got the KO Eurus. Futaba 4PKS + micro RX = me selling the KO
Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
+1 yep, it makes a HUGE difference in 12th scale. I had a 4PKS...sold it and got the KO Eurus. Futaba 4PKS + micro RX = me selling the KO
+1. im selling my futaba for a ko euros due to the reciever in my 12r5.1
Old 10-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
Futaba had better wake up!

Look what happened to XRAY last time you sent them an ultimatum about taking your business elsewhere if they didn't change the car...

I give it a week before you post that you have decided to order a 4PKS.

Aside from that, I don't understand the obsession with micro receivers. Just put it on top of the servo if it doesn't fit on the lower deck. They weigh next to nothing, it makes as near as no difference to the car.
Sorry just wanted a little more room in my touring cars. And no I won't be buying a $500 radio anytime soon.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Once you own one you will know why it costs $500! The things you can program with this radio is amazing not to mention the quality and performance.

Futaba doesn't dump on the low end radio users, they have lower end models. You are just whining cause you want the highest end radio for the lowest price. You get what you pay for!!!
+1
Old 10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Dang that sux to read. I like Futaba products and I'm willing to spend the money for a micro receiver. Just wish they made one for their lower end radios.
I'm not sure the other makes are any better at it.

The 3100 & 3520 spektrums are DSM2 only. The older spektrum radios can't use them. SR3500 was out before any of the other 2.4 tech was established. You had to buy it separately at a cost of $119. ($99 now)

Both KO & Airtronics went thru at least 1 revisions of their 2.4. Some of the stuff is not even backwards compatible.

As far as I know only Futaba is the only one out of the gate with 2.4ghz that is legal world wide by using a power modulation switch.

Last edited by secretsg; 10-22-2010 at 06:08 PM.