Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Yep do the checks in the condition that the car will race.

As for the top links, it is difficult to give a definitive answer, personally i always set them as they "Wanted" to be. I.e got everything ready, then with them disconnected and on a flat surface try and offer them up. It should seem obvious if by you actually pushing them onto the balls it will either lengthen or shorten the chassis. Then adjust till the ball and the cup want to go together with out any distortion.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Heres a pic of the new mission body I just painted Let me know what you think!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Droop Education

Thanks for all the great lessons on Droop. Tonight I did some wrenching on the Mission. I used Big Dog's method of setting droop. From last weekend I had on my Losi Droop gauge a reading of 2 in the front and 2 in the rear from the bottom of the arm (like I learned to do with my xxx-s). I double checked my ride height and set out to set up the car by Big's ideas. I wanted to set the car to 1.5mm front and 2mm rear as suggested. I went through the process and was happy with how it went. I did have to much droop in the front as stated in Big Dog's post. I wanted to see what the readings would be on the Losi guage to see the difference. I did not have to move the rear droop settings at all. The car was at 2mm. At 1.5 mm droop on the front my car measured at the 5 mark on the losi droop gauge. That means the car went from the mark of 2 to the mark of 5. My front had WAY to much droop in it. Looking for some improved on power steering do to the reduced front droop now!

Thanks for all the help.

Jeff Werner
Old 03-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jeff did you get my email?

Yeah I had to learn all about droop w/ foams at cleveland the hard way....
Old 03-05-2003, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Old Man
Heres a pic of the new mission body I just painted Let me know what you think!
I like it. The colours matches, the scheme are nice too. And the stickers are the dot over the "i"
Old 03-05-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

old man nice ride and good luck thanks for the pic need more rides and pics !!! can use more ideals!!!

thanks!
rcshark and away!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Thanks guys hoped you would like it!!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old Man- looks nice!

Jeff- glad I could help!!! Remember, the actual droop and the guage readings will not be the same with different height tires or when you change ride height. Example- using exactly what you have now, if you raise the ride height 1mm f/r the guage readings will be the same, but the actual droop will decrease 1 mm in travel!
Old 03-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I am totally getting into this Mission now. Man the car was so far off in terms of how I had set it up and slowly it is getting closer...and I am still able to compete...can't wait to drive the car with the droop problem figured out a little better. I bet the first pack will be like WOW this is alot differnt car.

Old..love the Black and Orange look! I have the Barry Baker all Silver Nats scheme on mine right now. Not going to win any paint contests...lol

Jeff
Old 03-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Getting into your mission

Jeff,
You should have had the bug from day one with your car, but it is such a cool feeling when all of your efforts start to pay off on the track. Especially when it kicks the crap out of those other cars. I am glad for you that our input has help your mission evolve into the machine you drive now. Right on. Good luck with it and dont be afraid with different settings, you just might get faster.!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice body fredo. i hope to see it at ron's this weekend. Saturday i'll be there to race. Oh yea can i bother you to do one for me. My Cleveland bodies have had enough.

XXX Main for life baby!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Genesis Motors

Vr6vroom, I see you have Genesis motors in your signature. Is this the same company that used to be based in Missouri?? There was a company back in the 90s that built motors by that name. They had some AWESOME mod motors!!
Old 03-06-2003, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Genesis Motors

Don,
I am sorry but it is not the same co. But the motors are probably as equal in the kick butt dept as what you are refering to, The only difference is the use current motor technology. If you would like to have one of these puppies, check out the website @ Genesismotorsinc.com, the owner's name is Oscar. He is a great guy to deal with. He is based out of Long Island, NY. Any other questions feel freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(like my drivetrain)(thanks DirtTrix) to ask.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Raul, is that Oscar that I met in Orlando? If so he's a super nice guy. Genisis motors has a great looking website, too. Very professional. How did your race go last week?
Old 03-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know of a good deal on a nice used mission?

Let me know

Thanks

J. Smith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.