Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta XP4

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My son had the Evolva and I had the xp4 we both had belt issues.Went through pinions like tires,and the rigid rear axel that the rear pulley is on would get grooves in it from the dog bones.Other that that I loved the car but it ended alot of races early for us both the last 2 yrs.So we sold them and bought 2 960 kits.It is a great handling car and am sure with the new 05 evolva that these upgrades will be passed on the the xp4 and everything will be fixed and it will win alot of races,there are alot of very fast guys running these cars.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

First off- I am referring to the DELTA, not the Kyosho. And they are similar but not the same. The plastic is the same, actually if I remember that the plastic is from the Kyosho car. Delta makes all the machined parts. I am going off what I have personally seen. Go back and see how many Races that Dave C. or OV have actually finished in the HOA series. Looks like they have Started 3 races each finished 1. To me that is not a great show of reliability.

I am done, You won't see me again. So respond if you want or not.

No car is perfect. I guess when you work for someone its your job to say it never breaks. Understand.

Erock. - best handling car ever, That is great. No one is saying it does not drive great. Just the fact that some people have had issues.

Whynot - says they have have it break one or more times costing them the race.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yep-Man
No car is perfect. I guess when you work for someone its your job to say it never breaks. Understand.
All cars break. I can only relate to our experience.

I don't work for anyone in the RC business, As I mentioned we resolved the belt issue over a year ago.

If you suffer from Yep-man observations:

Belts: Run the Kyosho FM 538 front belt. Run a Belt tensioner.
Breaking Pinions: "Tool" tighten the pinions. You must have end play across the two speed shaft. The "2005" new pinions and spurs will eliminate problems with the pinions breaking.
Rear spool. I agree that is a pain.

These problems were discussed in the original Kyosho Evolva thread. - if you have't scanned that thread - it has a great deal of info.

WhyNot, enjoy the 960 it is a good car. Serpent USA has good support - if you suffer with part breakage ask them - I know they will help.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

The best upgrade I made to my Delta was the extra wide rear bumper!

Right Dave?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you need a nerf bar when dave is behind you jk
Old 09-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Suspended

: "robd" a Neo or two
hey i thought neoracing was none existent, are neo's still available in the US?? and if they where still around they would be great cars, one problem that might have caused the company to go ka put was that in the time they were existent they didnt make any new models of the 1/8th or 1/10 235mm which was boaring,i still have my Neo Attack MX2 235mm , just as if it was taken out of the box new with all the hop ups and a novarossi X15 mad az car.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

who knows about neo and 235mm class. not too many people run 235 mm anymore.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Suspended

ye i know , a bit sad , it was a good class 235mm was, shame there isnt many chassies to choose from as there are in 1/8th on road
Old 09-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

i know but its kind of a middle class between nitro sedan and 1/8th scale. its going the way of the 10th scale pan car. speaking of 10th scale pan car i found a delta villan when i was cleaning out my basement. i might run her on the pavement
Old 09-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=Yep-Man]First off- I am referring to the DELTA, not the Kyosho. And they are similar but not the same. The plastic is the same, actually if I remember that the plastic is from the Kyosho car. Delta makes all the machined parts. I am going off what I have personally seen. Go back and see how many Races that Dave C. or OV have actually finished in the HOA series. Looks like they have Started 3 races each finished 1. To me that is not a great show of reliability.

I am done, You won't see me again. So respond if you want or not.

Yep-Man
Since you have personally seen all of these races yourself, you should know that the 2 races I did not finish were from driver error and not a car reliability issue. I will agree that there have been a couple of issues with the belts and gears. The gear isssue was fixed as Mr. Browne mentioned above and the new pinions are suppose to be better. The belt issue will be fixed Very Soon. We will have new belts in the next week or so.

Since you are done and we wont see you again. I guess we will not be seeing you at the track. But since we do not know who you are it does not matter. If you do come back, come on down to Kansas City on the 1st weekend of October and we will do some racing.

Dave Campbell
Delta INc.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

By far my xp4 is the most durable car I have ever had. Thats after driving lots of different makes of cars. Its also one of the best handling cars I've had out of the box. I ran my front belt longer then I normally should before replacing it preventably. I think bumpy tracks have a lot to do with wear on belts and gears. Also if you end up hitting alot of things. Whynot's home track is a very bumpy track. I raced there a weekend and didn't break one belt or gear. I realy think Delta's buisness in RC cars exists mainly as a company of enthusiasts to keep 8th scale thriving in the US.

There's subtle changes to the delta compared to the evolva for instance the chassis compared to the Evolva is also alot better in my opinon. I hear it is slightly thicker too. You should look at the 2 side by side and delta did alot of things to it like beveling the edges to keep the chassis from catching debris/ and perhaps provide better cooling.

Good to see Dave here. Dave, is there a delta adjustable swaybar and are your new belts avaialble yet? I haven't seen the belt tensioner. If you've seen the empire belt tensioner, how does that compare? Will you come to toledo for the midwest series next week?
Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

<<<<<Rear spool. I agree that is a pain.>>>>>>>>

I think alot of the spool problems happen to people who do not diassemble the spool after every race and clean the grit out. After every race weekend my car is completely disassembled and the drive areas of the rear spool are flushed with B12 and wiped out with a towel. I dip the ball end of each dog bone up to the pins in moly disulphide grease and reassemble. My spool is starting to show some wear now but it has been in use for over a year now.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

bump
Old 09-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Great Car Dave!!!

I am the director for the NERCAR club www.nercar.com and I started running the delta last season. Although the car had a few carry over issues that were a result of kyoshos R&D. Dave did a spectacular job remanufacturing and re-kiting a world class car.
As for the jack#$%ss that made the un-educated remarks about your car, I guess he has never heard of Josh Lamberto Ralph or any of the rest of us that kick ass on this platform. Lack of maintainance is the most likely cause for the rear axle wear. I had one go but I did get 10 or so hours out of it. After all they are race car's and need a good inspection once in a while
Again Great Car Dave!!!.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default rear axle

I have a little different theory on the rear axle/spool. Run it... leave it alone, don't mess with it. I know I am jinxing myself but I am running my original one and the original dogbones. The pins are down to nubs and need replacing and the axle is notched but it still works great. Once you start putting thick grease like moly on 'em it attracts more dirt and promotes greater wear. I dunno, just a theory but mine is still working great with a ton of miles on it.

BTW, I have been running this chassis for ~1 year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.