Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Thanks, I was just curios if I could use 3s if I wanted to. The more options the better. LOL
Might want to go fast in front of the house every now and then just because I can.

Truck and MMP 2400kv sct combo on hold for tomm. I am a happy man right now.
Make sure you get a reducer sleeve, pinions are 5mm bore and your shaft is 3mm. Don't know if you were aware of that or not.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gidi-up
WOW ,did any of you actual read my post or just pick out portions you took notice to? If any of you that have responded actually read the entire contents and took note of what I stated...

Ahh, forget it, this a useless point to continue in a forum of perfect drivers...

I made my point and for those looking for the answer "Are the new bumpers that are coming out in April the upgraded versions, if so how can we tell before purchasing?"

The answer is: Not upgraded at this time from what I received and don't waste your money at this time to purchase this, if you or some other racer broke the original, this one will meet the same demise.

Maybe at a later date the new version will come out but by then T-Bone or RPM should have their version out with the Lifetime guarantee for the imperfect/unfortunate few of us
Once again. you are lucky to even get a replacement on a bumper. +1 to losi's CS
Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

when things are on backorder such as the trucks are, how does horizon determine who gets them when they come in? is it based on their biggest resellers first, whoever placed orders first? Just trying to determine if my small local hs has a sliver of a chance of getting one from this shipment.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
i wanna get the rx8 from ebay but whos to say im gonna get a 3hole case ? theyre probably older 4 hole cases. then what ? send in into tekin a wait even longer for a proper esc?
I think the safe answer would be, if the ESC has the aluminum redish looking cooling heat sink it's the newer version. If it's the one with the all black ESC on the RX8, than it may be the older version. I'm just guessing.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Our shop has no new ship date.....bummer.

Good news is I found one local...well sorta local. 150miles away. Leaving tomm to snag it.

I need to ask this again I'm sure. I apologize. Hobby shop has one Mamba max pro sct(2400kv) system in stock. Would this be a good choice and what extra pinion/spurs should I pick up. Being that it's a long drive, I want to get everything while I am there.
What about just running the Traxxas brushless system until I decide on motor/esc. Would this combo be OK temp. for racing?
You will get a variety of answers, but I have run the MMP for the past year and have loved it, but it can be a bit finicky. The traxxas would be ok maybe for a small indoor track geared appropriately, but the 540 motors are going to be straining and heat will likely be an issue.

The Tekin everyone seems to be putting in is HUGE and heavy. I guess the new ones are reliable. Mine was nothing but trouble, but to Tekin's credit, they have very good customer support and they do stand behind their products. With the MMP, you do have less choice with servo's. High voltage and high amp draw digital servos seem to have lots of problems with this ESC and cause glitches with the servo and cogging with the ESC. Some resolve it with external BEC's and glitch buster capacitors.

I use an Airtronics 94359 servo. It is very strong, very reliable (I've been running mine for years, they don't even make them any more) and it seems to exist in peace with the MMP. I suppose if I had the problems others did I would avoid it too, but I like it. It is smooth, lightweight (which is a plus in this truck) and mine has been reliable. Castle is also good about standing behind their product.

Hopefully that is a fair assessment of both ESC's. Some users whose handles begin with "S" will just tell you the MMP is junk and the RX8 is the savior of the world. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I hope that helped.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize you were looking at the system with the 2400 kv motor. My personal opinion mirrors what someone else said. That would be OK on 3S but I would never run 3S in a 1/10 scale 4x4 SCT. You would be better to buy the ESC and get a Castle 1410 3800 kv 4 pole.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well All. I will be out of the country for the next week or so...and I know if something happens and Im not around, it will be, yeah the Losi rep isnt here anymore, lol...so just letting you all know. Have a great week in life and racing.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by godofcable
when things are on backorder such as the trucks are, how does horizon determine who gets them when they come in? is it based on their biggest resellers first, whoever placed orders first? Just trying to determine if my small local hs has a sliver of a chance of getting one from this shipment.
Its first come first served...so, whomever ordered it first would get it first.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Hows your truck been? Haven't been over to the other board in awhile.
Thanks for asking Salad, i haven't had much time lately. Just been driving it up and down the street every now and again. I'll probably go bashing again this weekend tho. I have just been reading threads lately rather then posting.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiro972
You will get a variety of answers, but I have run the MMP for the past year and have loved it, but it can be a bit finicky. The traxxas would be ok maybe for a small indoor track geared appropriately, but the 540 motors are going to be straining and heat will likely be an issue.

The Tekin everyone seems to be putting in is HUGE and heavy. I guess the new ones are reliable. Mine was nothing but trouble, but to Tekin's credit, they have very good customer support and they do stand behind their products. With the MMP, you do have less choice with servo's. High voltage and high amp draw digital servos seem to have lots of problems with this ESC and cause glitches with the servo and cogging with the ESC. Some resolve it with external BEC's and glitch buster capacitors.

I use an Airtronics 94359 servo. It is very strong, very reliable (I've been running mine for years, they don't even make them any more) and it seems to exist in peace with the MMP. I suppose if I had the problems others did I would avoid it too, but I like it. It is smooth, lightweight (which is a plus in this truck) and mine has been reliable. Castle is also good about standing behind their product.

Hopefully that is a fair assessment of both ESC's. Some users whose handles begin with "S" will just tell you the MMP is junk and the RX8 is the savior of the world. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I hope that helped.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize you were looking at the system with the 2400 kv motor. My personal opinion mirrors what someone else said. That would be OK on 3S but I would never run 3S in a 1/10 scale 4x4 SCT. You would be better to buy the ESC and get a Castle 1410 3800 kv 4 pole.
So on 2s your recommending the 1410 3800kv 4 pole w/ MMP esc?
I'll have to order that one..shop doesn't have many choices.

For newbie it gets confusing...
Old 04-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
Well All. I will be out of the country for the next week or so...and I know if something happens and Im not around, it will be, yeah the Losi rep isnt here anymore, lol...so just letting you all know. Have a great week in life and racing.
wellll lets see a week?
should be about 27 pages to read up here when u get back...lol...
Geez no internet service where ur going?

Enjoy your trip I hope its a holiday.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiro972

The older MMP's were a different breed than what you can buy today. Somewhere along the line, something changed. I was very happy with my old MMP from about 18 months ago. However, the new ones seem to be somewhat crappier.

The RX8 is really not much bigger or heavier than the MMP. It can also handle 30% more amps, and doesn't need band aid fixes for the BEC. It does everything the MMP does, but better. It's just an all around better piece of equipment. I did manage to separate the boards on the 3 hole new version...and it's currently at Tekin for replacement. IMHO, the new MMP's are near unuseable....so pick your poison.

The new Viper ESC might find it's way into my truck if it ever becomes available.

Edited to add: The MMP is actually heavier than the RX8, at least according to the specs, at 2.7 ounces compared to 2.8 ounces.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hacker07
Hope you have a chance to relax & enjoy yourself Ryan. I still give you guys major props for the customer service on here and elsewhere!

Jesse
Tech Master

I will be using a savox 1258t in the truck....I have heard there is problems with certain esc's and receivers.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I think the safe answer would be, if the ESC has the aluminum redish looking cooling heat sink it's the newer version. If it's the one with the all black ESC on the RX8, than it may be the older version. I'm just guessing.
Nope, I have the red heat sink but mine is a 4 hole.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
The older MMP's were a different breed than what you can buy today. Somewhere along the line, something changed. I was very happy with my old MMP from about 18 months ago. However, the new ones seem to be somewhat crappier.

The RX8 is really not much bigger or heavier than the MMP. It can also handle 30% more amps, and doesn't need band aid fixes for the BEC. It does everything the MMP does, but better. It's just an all around better piece of equipment. I did manage to separate the boards on the 3 hole new version...and it's currently at Tekin for replacement. IMHO, the new MMP's are near unuseable....so pick your poison.

The new Viper ESC might find it's way into my truck if it ever becomes available.
i just bought a new MMP, im using it, no problems so far.

its been said a million times, EVERY ESC FAILS!!!!

but just like everything else, theres always a bandwagon, and everyone is always hitchin a ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.