Search
Like Tree302Likes

Tamiya TB 05 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CL
Yes, the plastic diff gears would go out on the first battery pack. You need the steel gears below.
https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=7300
Will do, thanks for the quick response
Old 07-09-2019, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Why are the plastic diff gears any issue? All top level TC's are plastic with good power never an issue or is it a Tamiya Shaft car diff related issue?
The internal diff gears are quite small, smaller than 419/TB07 gears. I've just had to replace mine after 5 meetings, and I'm only running a torque tuned motor on a slippery floor although there is a little bit of contact!

Old 07-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NumptyRacing
The internal diff gears are quite small, smaller than 419/TB07 gears. I've just had to replace mine after 5 meetings, and I'm only running a torque tuned motor on a slippery floor although there is a little bit of contact!
And they are made of normal plastic, not the ultra hard white plastic used in TRF419 diff...

All diffs from my shafties have steel internals from the beginning. Install and forget.
MikeR and freaky321 like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tom1977
And they are made of normal plastic, not the ultra hard white plastic used in TRF419 diff...

All diffs from my shafties have steel internals from the beginning. Install and forget.
Agreed. I had the plastic originals and they lasted a few runs with a strong 17.5. Afterwards I installed the metal gears and no issues. I would also get the new alloy diff case and your diff will be bullet proof.
rippen and freaky321 like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info. That sucks.. I hate extra rotating weight lol.. but if you can't finish a main then none of that matters :P
Old 07-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

I have run Hahn truck 4 hour endurance with a 17.5 brushless though... With Aw grease only in the diffs and it took it like a champ :O Step it up on your TB game Tamiya
Old 07-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

What motor position is everyone running for high grip carpet, front or rear
Old 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rippen
What motor position is everyone running for high grip carpet, front or rear
I know you asked about carpet, BUT, I ran both versions on asphalt and the front motor position is way better. It was almost like being just on the edge of good performance with the rear position to being on rails with the front position. I drove on carpet with the front position and I was not able to find a good set up in a short period of time.
rippen likes this.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EB Racer
I know you asked about carpet, BUT, I ran both versions on asphalt and the front motor position is way better. It was almost like being just on the edge of good performance with the rear position to being on rails with the front position. I drove on carpet with the front position and I was not able to find a good set up in a short period of time.
Thanks for the info, it helps
Old 07-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rippen
Thanks for the info, it helps
In the spirit of helping, I also noticed that the photos above in previous posts show the carbon chassis supports screwed in along each available hole. This hop-up is absolute magic. If you change which holes to screw into and attach to the base chassis, you are able to alter the flex characteristics tremendously. I run the front screw and the outside rear screw only and it stiffens up the chassis just a little. I have also raced my best laps without that hop up attached at all. With all of the screws in, there is very little flex, and that might be good on black carpet plus using the blue tamiya springs. Just another 2 cents. Dang, I might already have 36 cents invested in my advice!
rippen and garnt like this.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tom1977

Yes this is the main issue,its the quality off plastics,that is the main issue.I run my tb05 also with steel gears and also the Also diff housing and iT runs like a breeze.Also the diff runs smoother..Only thing,you need too shim the diff.At least I had too do that.
rippen likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

In the spirit of helping, I also noticed that the photos above in previous posts show the carbon chassis supports screwed in along each available hole. This hop-up is absolute magic. If you change which holes to screw into and attach to the base chassis, you are able to alter the flex characteristics tremendously. I run the front screw and the outside rear screw only and it stiffens up the chassis just a little. I have also raced my best laps without that hop up attached at all. With all of the screws in, there is very little flex, and that might be good on black carpet plus using the blue tamiya springs. Just another 2 cents. Dang, I might already have 36 cents invested in my advice!
Great advice, I also ordered the chassis stiffiners and carbon fiber shock tower's

PS an IOU on the 36 cents
Old 07-12-2019, 03:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run the Carbon reinforced chassis and Carbon braces on Tarmac, no problems here.but we have an technical corners on oud track and iT really helps. The chassis response is direct

Only problem with the tb05 I have is the Steering slob and Ihave not been able too elaminate this.Because the servo mount also moves when I move the steering wheel on my transmitter..
Old 07-12-2019, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

What size sway bar do you guys run front and rear
Old 07-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freaky321

I run the Carbon reinforced chassis and Carbon braces on Tarmac, no problems here.but we have an technical corners on oud track and iT really helps. The chassis response is direct

Only problem with the tb05 I have is the Steering slob and Ihave not been able too elaminate this.Because the servo mount also moves when I move the steering wheel on my transmitter..
You might want to change your servo mounts to aluminum. That should be helpful and firm.
rippen likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.