Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

GRP has always had questionable distribution in America for some reason. They were never really advertised properly.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infiniti Tech
Exactly!!
I love how you added to my commentary. You better ask xlamontx about my racing skills when it comes to the IGT car. Mine may not be the fastest, but I think I can manage to get it around the track pretty well. But, we will see when I get there.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
I love how you added to my commentary. You better ask xlamontx about my racing skills when it comes to the IGT car. Mine may not be the fastest, but I think I can manage to get it around the track pretty well. But, we will see when I get there.
Oh please! Anybody can type- JUST SHOW UP!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LOL!!! It's not about how good your driving is... It's about how good Sid's AIM is!!! LMAO!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Jlock

JLOCK you must try the IPANEMA tyres for the (bass pro)....wow.....it will put all the rest to shame....
Old 04-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HUMMERH3
JLOCK you must try the IPANEMA tyres for the (bass pro)....wow.....it will put all the rest to shame....
I don't think he can, we run the same rules here.. All they allow are the Kyosho slicks or ofna slicks...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

I don't think he can, we run the same rules here.. All they allow are the Kyosho slicks or ofna slicks...
That's one thing I've been slightly confused on about the spec racing.. Each race has its own specific set of rules.

The Twister tires were completely unfair against the Kyosho v-slicks at the US Open when it was hot but they were completely useless on the wet track for the main even with grooves.

For me, this class needs to be easy which includes pre-mount tires where you don't have to cut special inserts, tape them to the wheel/tire and then glue the tire..
Old 04-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kidsid99
Oh please! Anybody can type- JUST SHOW UP!
Don't rush me there buddy!!! I will be there soon enough. Just don't when I get the best of you again.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

LOL!!! It's not about how good your driving is... It's about how good Sid's AIM is!!! LMAO!!!!!
I think that I can have my James Bond conversion installed on my IGT car by then. Just trying to find a place for the tank for the oil to cause Sid to wipe out when he come up behind my car. I already have the spikes and wheel saws ready for immediate installation. I have extra mounts for the mini machine guns in case all else fails.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HUMMERH3
By the rules, IPANEMA and Twister tires cannot be used. We are limited to the Kyosho and OFNA tires. I found an insert that works perfect with the non-belted OFNA slick that had my car hooked up very well.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 AM
TMS
Tech Rookie

We are limited to the Kyosho and OFNA tires.
Juan, the rules allow GRP tires also. There was a guy running them at Bass Pro in the main. They come off the track very tacky... reminds me of the tires i had on my 5th scale. I was running kyosho V-slicks 55, they worked pretty well.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TMS
Juan, the rules allow GRP tires also. There was a guy running them at Bass Pro in the main. They come off the track very tacky... reminds me of the tires i had on my 5th scale. I was running kyosho V-slicks 55, they worked pretty well.
I forgot about the fact that we can run GRP tires. Since they are difficult for some of us to get, that is why they are "out of sight, out of mind" with me.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

I am obviously biased toward Twister and I'm not attending this race but I would bring this up about any race with any other tire as well.

If you're going to have a spec race but allow non kyosho tires at all, why not allow all tires that meet a certain size or other requirement so the racers can have the choice. I say this because there used to be a monster truck tire that was half the size of a normal one that was completely unfair so we can't just have everything but saying 3 of 4 brands are acceptable but not the other is odd.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default i agree

I agree if they let twister and the kyosho v sliks here in the south and ofna in the north why not alow all tires that are the same size ??
Rule check please.....
Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Don't rush me there buddy!!! I will be there soon enough. Just don't when I get the best of you again.
Don't worry you will never have the pleasure of seeing me ! But I still that wheel chair ready when you come up limping again! I always enjoy your attendance- can't figure out why but I do!. Juan you need to get a Mini Cooper and come and get you some in two weeks for the Tamiya Regionals here in Mempho! See you soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.