Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by japtj2000
If I do this modification in my car will it be in the spec class or will it be on the open class??? I want to do the conversion but then my car will be in an open class I think and it won't be in the spec class. I think this mod is not allowed in the spec class. This is a very good advantage over the stock cars.
It depends on where you race. There are no universal rules for this class. Ask whoever is running the program at your track.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by rpespo
It depends on where you race. There are no universal rules for this class. Ask whoever is running the program at your track.
Its really only an advantage from the standpoint your transmission will not break anymore. The Ofna spec car comes with a shoe clutch. But some clubs, tracks, etc., interpret stock in different ways.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Of course...I think that most people interpret "spec class" as spec or stock motor. Most other stuff like electronics and tires you're allowed to change.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes you are right there are no rules by ROAR but my track has very finicky rules for the IGT class. One of the rules says you can’t modify the clutch’s and in this mod you are modifying the second speed clutch but anyway I will ask at my track what will happen with this kind of mods in the IGT class. At my track they wanted to keep the IGT spec class as entry level to keep the class as cheap as possible that’s why spec class don’t allow expensive engines but the second speed modification is pretty expensive. But will see how the tracks handle this modification in the IGT class.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
wwoodruff

Kyosho has released a new "B" part number for the gear set that is supposed to solve the problem. Same part # with a "B". That is what I would do first.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Yes you are right there are no rules by ROAR but my track has very finicky rules for the IGT class. One of the rules says you can’t modify the clutch’s and in this mod you are modifying the second speed clutch but anyway I will ask at my track what will happen with this kind of mods in the IGT class. At my track they wanted to keep the IGT spec class as entry level to keep the class as cheap as possible that’s why spec class don’t allow expensive engines but the second speed modification is pretty expensive. But will see how the tracks handle this modification in the IGT class.

What track do you run at?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If I do this modification in my car will it be in the spec class or will it be on the open class??? I want to do the conversion but then my car will be in an open class I think and it won't be in the spec class. I think this mod is not allowed in the spec class. This is a very good advantage over the stock cars.

Jorge,
The OS VZ-B VSpec engine you have in the IGT, takes you out of Spec class, you shouldn't worry about being in the guidelines of spec class with the 2 speed when you run that OS engine.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Vad,
I am no worried at all... I am just asking about the rules because if you remember when this class started in our track they were very tight with the rules and you know very well how many emails went back and forward about the rules and this modification is out of the rules for the spec class.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello.. any body using mp777 front shocks?? what is your shock oil weight F/R??

Im using 4 front 777 shocks.

Thanks..
Old 05-06-2009, 06:58 AM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
Hello.. any body using mp777 front shocks?? what is your shock oil weight F/R??

Im using 4 front 777 shocks.

Thanks..
I had MP 777 front shocks all the way around on my car for awhile, they worked very well, I currently have 80 weight losi in mine. I am using the black SP spring set. I just replaced them with the SP shocks by Kyosho. They are a really nice upgrade, they have less stiction and of course threaded shock bodies.

My car has not been on a track though, but I believe that is what most guys are running.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks...

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
I had MP 777 front shocks all the way around on my car for awhile, they worked very well, I currently have 80 weight losi in mine. I am using the black SP spring set. I just replaced them with the SP shocks by Kyosho. They are a really nice upgrade, they have less stiction and of course threaded shock bodies.

My car has not been on a track though, but I believe that is what most guys are running.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
How else could you get one of these transmission conversions if you don't have a LHS that does business with Ipanema Sports? I would like one for both my cars (IGT1 & IGT2) but there is not a LHS near me that does business with you.

Also, how could I get some of those 1/10th scale rubber tires for my nitro & electric touring cars? I would like to try them out on our carpet track (we run a rubber tire class) and for outdoor concrete/asphalt racing.

Juan
Ipanema racing products are available through Ipanema Sports Dealers.

www.ipanemasports.com
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdoktor2
ww,
I already have the two speed clutch and gears. It looks like it will still use the GT2 clutch bell and pinions as well. What kind of mod needs to be done on the two speed shaft?
There's a lot more going on with the conversion than you might think. The parts you have are only the tip of the iceberg.

The package is very complete, you won't be saving anything trying to track down the individual components from several different cars/brands.

A lot of time & energy has been put into the Ipanema Black Hawk SR Transmission to make it easier for you to win.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
There's a lot more going on with the conversion than you might think. The parts you have are only the tip of the iceberg.

The package is very complete, you won't be saving anything trying to track down the individual components from several different cars/brands.

A lot of time & energy has been put into the Ipanema Black Hawk SR Transmission to make it easier for you to win.
I have them but they sold out in one day. It is a very complete kit that a lot of thought and work went into. I hope to have some more of them in stock next week.

Lee
Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I did the metal gear conversion on my GT2. Here is what happens when you put a Rody Roem C6 engine into the car!

Lee
Lee

Was that before or after the video on your website?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.