Search
Like Tree34Likes

TORO TS 120A ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by staab08
this is all im getting....
First of all you need to expand the page behind it to change it to english. Try playing with your screen resolution. Also that pop up I think is saying that there is an update, well at least that is what it said when clicked on english.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Cause the program box cant work without some type of power.
Ok. Usually I just put the prog wire into other brands esc. Battery provides power?
Old 02-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC mod

Does anyone have a setup for TC mod?
Old 02-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC mod

I will run a 4.5T
Old 02-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey there all, reading through the instructions but can't find anything about fitting the power capacitor? Does it need to be fitted?
Cheers.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Really... you think they would put one in the package for it not to be used?? Never use it without a cap
Old 02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hijinx
Hey there all, reading through the instructions but can't find anything about fitting the power capacitor? Does it need to be fitted?
Cheers.
The cap goes on the positive and negative of the battery terminal. Red to Red, black to black. If you just have 1 cap, then the side with the (-)(-)(-) is negative.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

ok so is installing the cap absolutely necessary. my ts120a is mounted in a t4.2 running in a stock class so any weight saving and space is critical.. it seems to run just fine but am i risking burning up my esc by not running it?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by staab08
ok so is installing the cap absolutely necessary. my ts120a is mounted in a t4.2 running in a stock class so any weight saving and space is critical.. it seems to run just fine but am i risking burning up my esc by not running it?
The cap is suppose to give you extra power and to prevent brown outs under heavy acceleration. For sure you will have less punch out of corners, and you also risk glitching or having the rx suffer momentary power loss.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok guys just a heads up I have been in many conversations with Skyrc about bringing their products here to the US to have more of a presence than just the few avenues we have.

Here is what I have so far and it is a bit frustraiting.

They would love for their products to be easily avaliable here in the US. Though they now required any dealer to buy a minimum of 20 of any specific item. So that leaves any US dealer that can not meet those minimums to have to deal with a trade company.

Next they stated that a US dealer would have to sell the TS120A at $110 or risk being revoked as a dealer. I asked how a company like vicious teknology could offer it for much less. They responded that Vicious Teknology is not a approved or recognized dealer.

The short and sweet is that the Toro ESC's are great esc's but the parent company doesnt seem to have much control in controlling the sell and market of their products. I dont think this is much different from any other Chinese company.

So I would like to here anyones feedback on warranty and expriences with the ESC's and motors.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Beaker151
Ok guys just a heads up I have been in many conversations with Skyrc about bringing their products here to the US to have more of a presence than just the few avenues we have.

They would love for their products to be easily avaliable here in the US. Though they now required any dealer to buy a minimum of 20 of any specific item. So that leaves any US dealer that can not meet those minimums to have to deal with a trade company.

Next they stated that a US dealer would have to sell the TS120A at $110 or risk being revoked as a dealer. I asked how a company like vicious teknology could offer it for much less. They responded that Vicious Teknology is not a approved or recognized dealer.

The short and sweet is that the Toro ESC's are great esc's but the parent company doesnt seem to have much control in controlling the sell and market of their products. I dont think this is much different from any other Chinese company.

So I would like to here anyones feedback on warranty and expriences with the ESC's and motors.
We have no issues getting toro motors and esc. We get them from Great Hobbies in Canada. So far I haven't had any issues with their products. I own 6x TS-120 and 2x TS-150. One of them developed a problem where the power doesn't turn off. I sent it in for a replacement, no hassles, just waiting on it to be shipped back via snail mail.

The TS-120 is very similar to the HW v3, Orion R10 or Turnigy 120A ESC.
Programming wise, you will find that it is almost identical to the HW v3. However, Toro has a bluetooth and wifi adapter to adjust the esc via smartphone if you dont want to use the programming card.

The stock settings that come with the Toro is way too punchy and more like a on off switch.. Stock settings is like 15 and 40
You need to turn Punch 1 to 5 and Punch 2 to 10, and it will be one of the smoothest ESC you will ever use.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's a damn shame and completely absurd. Why would anyone purchase one from a US dealer at that price when they could get one complete with program card for $90 from RCMart? Handicapping potential US dealers in such a way makes absolutely no sense. Too bad they're shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to the US market. I love my SC120a and TS150a.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

ok, i have 2 Toro TS120A esc's with both i have the same problem with my reedy, trackstar and thunderpower motors:
In blinky and only turbo they are very smooth. But with boost it's like de sensor is broken. In low speed the motors runs not smooth anymore. Boost on 0 and it's over. With a hobbywing esc the motors and sensorcables are just fine with boost.
When i try a toro motor with the ts120 it works also fine on boost....
So is the toro TS esc made only for work properly with toro motors?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Svendc
ok, i have 2 Toro TS120A esc's with both i have the same problem with my reedy, trackstar and thunderpower motors:
In blinky and only turbo they are very smooth. But with boost it's like de sensor is broken. In low speed the motors runs not smooth anymore. Boost on 0 and it's over. With a hobbywing esc the motors and sensorcables are just fine with boost.
When i try a toro motor with the ts120 it works also fine on boost....
So is the toro TS esc made only for work properly with toro motors?
I have run hobbywing and dualsky/smc motors with no issues. Sounds like a possible firmware issue. Have you updated to the newest firmware?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

I have run hobbywing and dualsky/smc motors with no issues. Sounds like a possible firmware issue. Have you updated to the newest firmware?
hi,

In have on the moment the software version V1.07 and with the the software fot the GF esc v1.08 (same interface).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.