Thanks Douglas, ill just order from tko

answer has what i am looking for but i dont have an mp9 lol
YET!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by freestylinmotox
YET!
very true lol i am saving pennies for some races and a new engine this year if i find some extra cash i will end up with an mp9
Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

got everything fixed up last night and she is good as new

(new front diff case
new pinion gear and new ring gear)
Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

smokinu/dreaux - I am sorry you two have experienced an issue with my bearings. We are the only company that offers a risk-free 30 day money back guarantee. There are two reasons why I do this, one because if there is something that can be improved I need to know about it immediately and without customers telling me then I will never know. And two because without happy customers there is no business to improve. It is maybe once every 6 months that someone tells us about an issue and if we can determine it is the bearing fault we start to work on updates right then and there.

Unfortuantely someone will always have something bad to say about a particular bearing company even when you feel they are the best. Why is this? Because being that a bearing is now one of the least expensive items in your vehicle, since we started the $1 bearing revolution in 2003, that when it goes out the bearing typically gets blamed. Not the warped driveline or crankshaft, the too tight diff mesh that caused a chunk of ring gear to chip and lock up the diff causing the diffcase to split/warp, or the plain and simple one of simple green cleaning with air compressor directly on the bearing seal blowing all the junk into it and seizing it. But like I said, sometimes it is the bearing! And yes we have had to redevelop a few over the years.

Apologize for the long post, I just take this very seriously, it is my livelihood here The point is, please tell us when there is a problem. That way it can be tracked to a batch of bearings and most importantly so you can get your money back or take the time to R&D with us on whatever we may change.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Joor
smokinu/dreaux - I am sorry you two have experienced an issue with my bearings. We are the only company that offers a risk-free 30 day money back guarantee. There are two reasons why I do this, one because if there is something that can be improved I need to know about it immediately and without customers telling me then I will never know. And two because without happy customers there is no business to improve. It is maybe once every 6 months that someone tells us about an issue and if we can determine it is the bearing fault we start to work on updates right then and there.

Unfortuantely someone will always have something bad to say about a particular bearing company even when you feel they are the best. Why is this? Because being that a bearing is now one of the least expensive items in your vehicle, since we started the $1 bearing revolution in 2003, that when it goes out the bearing typically gets blamed. Not the warped driveline or crankshaft, the too tight diff mesh that caused a chunk of ring gear to chip and lock up the diff causing the diffcase to split/warp, or the plain and simple one of simple green cleaning with air compressor directly on the bearing seal blowing all the junk into it and seizing it. But like I said, sometimes it is the bearing! And yes we have had to redevelop a few over the years.

Apologize for the long post, I just take this very seriously, it is my livelihood here The point is, please tell us when there is a problem. That way it can be tracked to a batch of bearings and most importantly so you can get your money back or take the time to R&D with us on whatever we may change.

WOW!!! now that is some customer service there if i've ever seen it. i have avid bearings throughout my 809 and i absolutely love them. havent had a single problem yet and about a gallon into them
Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by David Joor

actually david, i have a buddy who bought some bearings of yours just a few days ago, he raced them saturday and didnt have one clutch problem finished the 20min a main from the bump up after a 15 min b main!

all on the same cb bearings..

ill be in touch to get my kyosho all new avid bearings... now if only you guys were looking for team avid drivers

i dont spray simple green on any bearings, or use compressed air near them either,
i normally just get a brush with a little simple green and brush off the a arms wipe it dry with a towel or something. and on complete tear downs i take all the bearings out soak them in wd40, blow them out and use some bearing lube before i drop them back in.

thanks for the help david, i will be in touch!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Glad to hear that.

I am thinking about a new system for risk-free 30 day money back guarantee where if you send the bearings back that have gone bad along with some that are still good, we will refund twice your money back and send you bearings to sample after we do some research. I feel this would be a great way to improve on areas that we can't always test ourselves. Most racers seem to move on after a failure to another company and Avid is all about keeping our customers. Maybe we should become a advertiser here. I will look into it.

If anyone has other ideas that you think would help us keep you happy and make things better please email me at [email protected] to discuss. If we use your idea you will definately be rewarded.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Avid bearings have always been good to me, never any problems but I tried Ready Rollers and I must say they are great for me. I just replaced every bearing with Ready ROllers and what a difference give them a try and you wont be dissapointed. http://readyrollers.com/ Jerome is a racer too and knows his bearings.