Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hybrid Trucks!!! (What chassis shall I use?) >

Hybrid Trucks!!! (What chassis shall I use?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hybrid Trucks!!! (What chassis shall I use?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hybrid Trucks!!! (What chassis shall I use?)

Hello everyone, i came up with an idea that i would like to put to work soon enough and i would like to know what possible chassis i can use.I would like to mount the front end and rear end of a t-maxx 3.3 on a buggy or truggy chassis and then use some revo rockers, with shocks and pushrods to power my suspension. What i would like to know is what buggy chassis have the same width on their front and rear ends as the width of the t-maxx bulkheads when assembled with the differentials and shock tower. (distance between the right bulkhead screw holes and left bulkhead screw holes).

In the past i saw i couple of hybrid trucks build in this way. What chassis were those people using for their trucks?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KELLES
Hello everyone, i came up with an idea that i would like to put to work soon enough and i would like to know what possible chassis i can use.I would like to mount the front end and rear end of a t-maxx 3.3 on a buggy or truggy chassis and then use some revo rockers, with shocks and pushrods to power my suspension. What i would like to know is what buggy chassis have the same width on their front and rear ends as the width of the t-maxx bulkheads when assembled with the differentials and shock tower. (distance between the right bulkhead screw holes and left bulkhead screw holes).

In the past i saw i couple of hybrid trucks build in this way. What chassis were those people using for their trucks?
The only ones I have seen was done with a custom chassis. Thay were flat in the front and back. If you can get a truggy chassis to work you will have to drill all new holes. The front of the chassis will have a kicked up angle and you will be faced with a design challenge getting the steering to work since your steering post will end up on the level part of the chassis and your gear box will be at an angle. Chose a brand that is not made of the super high quality aircraft aluminum un less you have access to a good drill press and high quality bits. I tried to drill a BCE chassis to use a different fuel tank and I went through 3 bits for one hole.