Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Brian, Im staying with the TA05. The car just works for me.

Any chance we'll see you at the track this season?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default speedos

i have not been around long but tekin really impressed me so they pretty much locked me in as a customer but i know all the companies are pretty good it just seemed like tekins tec support went above and beyond what i expected and ive delt with lrp they took care of the problem but not like tekin this was like dealing with a buddy at the track
Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Brian, Im staying with the TA05. The car just works for me.

Any chance we'll see you at the track this season?
You never know. If I get my prototype Sensored Castle speedo I will have alot of testing so I would get another touring car to run and I would like to run it at Altoona. Had a great time and everyone made me feel like one of the local racers. Wish it was closer because I would race touring with you guys all year.

I do like the Saturday thing you have going. It would help me out alot.

I did keep some of my touring stuff like all my rubber tires (some are green Jaco to), tire warmers and my setup gauges so I would really need a car, a sensored speedo setup for now and a 13.5. It don't really matter to me what car I would use. I might even break out my old TA03R-TRF for a little fun.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Nope I race for Castle Creations. Oval the speedos out are really have alot to do with the speedo. It is also evident in pan cars. Seems that the LRP with pretty much any brushless shows be a tenth or two faster most of the time. Not sure if it changes the motor time more than others or if it is more efficient or what but overall it just seems to me to be one of the best and fastest sensored speedos. It really isn't too weird as we have many differances in the brushless motors out. Some are faster than others so speedos are no different.

It seems to show up mainly in oval and touring more than offroad. It also shows up more in the 13.5 and 17.5 class. Mod isn't a problem since power is overkill nowadays.

I know when I get my prototype sensored Castle I will be testing it against some LRP and Novak systems I will borrow from buddies to see how it matches up.
In my opinion there isn't a performance difference between a Novak and an LRP when geared appropriately in a pan car on a carpet oval. They do require different gearing as the LRP has more timing built in. At the BRL races I attended last year there was a pretty even mix of Novaks and LRPs with each getting their share of wins. If there is an advantage of one or the other it may be more like a tenth or two over a 4 minute run but definitely not per lap. I have never run an LRP so this is just my opinion for what it's worth. Bob
Old 10-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default pm ed

i sent you a pm ed
Old 10-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tires

well im gonna run pink tappers the first race and go from there because thats what i have i messed up the stock wheels and order pinks because thats what they run in sarver its a smaller tred
so hopefully it works if not i will try somthing else i never ran on carpet
Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

im as ready as im going to get....lol
well besides for that i will have to put another motor in my car when i get there.and a new sensor wire.
and stuff.i havent run the car with a brushless motor yet.to be honest i like the feel of a brushed motor better.but they just dont perform like a brushless motor does.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default morris

hey morris have yougot a brushless motor yet i have a 6.5r novak that is barely run
Old 10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

note to all...... please be prompt on sat.... as everyone knows PSU plays at 8 oclock and i along with others would like to be out im time to get home.... thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone plan on getting thier before 2 on saturday
Old 10-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

well if my parts come in all b ther sat

i need a futaba servo arm for a losi type R
Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastestcat
note to all...... please be prompt on sat.... as everyone knows PSU plays at 8 oclock and i along with others would like to be out im time to get home.... thanks
Well, I was planning on coming, but I don't want to be seen hanging out w/PSU fans.

In all honesty, I would like to be there and there is a small chance I will show up, but the money is tight so I cant make the commitment!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sam in regards to LIPOS in TT01... its not an advantage at all... NiMH are actually faster it seems.. in TC last year Dan ran thm and was winning... lipos will only peak to 8.4 while NiMH go much highr... if racs were 15 minutes it would be an advantage to use lipo but at 5 minutes its no advantage...
Old 10-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
well if my parts come in all b ther sat

i need a futaba servo arm for a losi type R
alex,
i will ask boyles if he has a servo horn for a futaba.i would imagine that doug would prolly have one to.i will pm you and let you know as soon as i can find out.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tedd_rc
hey morris have yougot a brushless motor yet i have a 6.5r novak that is barely run
thx for the offer.but we running 13.5 in tc class.dont think that would be fair to others if i ran a 6.5.......lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.