Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We had a big club race last night. Tuesday night race and 59 entries!! WOW!!! Dana Bailes, Aaron Buran, Mike PUlfer, Paul Ciccarello, Kelly Bean, Junior Norton, Ian Ruggles, Ray Darroch, Rob Love, Mo Denton, Wayne Gerber Jr., Mike and Vicky Blackstock just to name a few!!!

A big thanks to Rob Love and Pulfer for the much needed Xray parts.

We put two T1R's, one Evo 2 FOC edition and a hybrid T1/Raycer/C-hub car in the A-Main. Thats 4 out of the 10 in Xrays!! I put my hybrid t1/evo2 first in the B-Main. I missed the A by 0.0300 seconds!!!

Get this I missed the A-in 12th scale by 0.10 seconds-so combined I missed two A's by 0.130 seconds. Man-that sucks. Thats like one missed apex in time!!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ray,
Did you get the bumpers? Sorry I didn't have the D-bone you needed. How did Mo do with the Yok? Drop me a line [email protected]

See ya,

Kevin
Old 08-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kevin: Bumpers were delivered, Yokomo SD Sucked, NO STEERING.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys rock! Thanks for the help...See ya Sunday~~~~>
Old 08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

so what were the results of the A?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

damn guys we all missed out on some serious set up learning on tuesday! Hmm I think I would have rather been at rays than watching tv all night too bad I am 2 hours away I will get their soon though.

hey what are the dates for the cleveland race

And Ray are you gonna steal the warm up race again from toledo?

ahhah

Oh I just put picture up in the for sale forum about my xrayt1r

150 plus shipping!!!

Rob Love hook a brother up on the Fleeeeeetwoood set up

RandyB
Old 08-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Well-the Champs warm-up is to be again. But-it would never be because we dont like the Toedo guys!! Were all buds from gas racing.

jrighter. The race was crazy as Junior fell out, Chicky fell out. I am not 100% sure on the results. It was late, hot and I had a headache (hows that for an excuse).

I think it went:

Ray Darroch TC3 (Tq and winner with track record).
Mike Pulfer Xray
Aaron buran TC3
Kelly bean TC3
Ian Ruggles Xray
Brian Rice Tc3

These guys DNF or DNS
Rob Love
Paul Ciccarello
Junior Norton

but I am not 100% sure about that.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Ray-

Is that on a Carpet Track? IF so what was your T1R Setup?
Old 08-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Was that a club race or an event?
Old 08-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Mike-I ran T1 chassis PB front end and C-hub rear and I was NOT the fastest guy by far!! Pretty fast though!!

I didnt have time to talk to the other guys about there T1R set-ups. Sorry!! It was Carpet/Foam tires.

Neil-this was just a club race on a hot Tuesday night!! Can you believe 59 entries-wow!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Question to you guys with the C-hubs on their Xrays. I just put the composit C-hubs on my Evo2 and had an issue with the rear drive shafts not being long enough to go fully into the rear ball dif outdrives. It seems like it could have the posibility to come loose if the suspension is compressed fully. Anyone else see this, i'll have to double check to make sure that I assembled it correctly. Plus, im running the rear roll center bridge and you need much longer turnbuckles than the ones that came with the C-hub kit. Im using lunsford TI turnbuckles and need to still set up the car to spec but not sure if the turnbuckle im currently using will have enough meat on the ballcups when at the proper camber. What length turnbuckle are you guys using when having this similar application? Thx.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Devin, I had the same problem with my C-Hub suspension aswell... then I realized I was putting the actual hubs on backwards .

You definetly have the hubs on backwards, just flip them around and all of your problems will be solved, including the turnbuckle length problem.

Last edited by Accord; 08-14-2003 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

I think you may have put the hubs on backwards. check it out! you have the outside of the hub on the inside!

Ray just jealus cause now I gotta go to Cleveland for the warm up not 20 min. from my house. You guys gonna be racing on weekends or isnt that until sept. Also what parts do you have in stock for the xray I need some serious stuff. Let me know. I know I can order directly from serpent but would rather give the busines to a hobby shop.

pm me

RandyB
Old 08-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Guys, thanks! The rear spacing did look a little too wide, but I was rushing to get it done and swaping onto a new chassis so I had my work cut out for me. I'll check it out when I get home after work.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RandyB
I think you may have put the hubs on backwards. check it out! you have the outside of the hub on the inside!

Ray just jealus cause now I gotta go to Cleveland for the warm up not 20 min. from my house. You guys gonna be racing on weekends or isnt that until sept. Also what parts do you have in stock for the xray I need some serious stuff. Let me know. I know I can order directly from serpent but would rather give the busines to a hobby shop.

pm me

RandyB
RandyB-You can stay home-Josh will be there, dave Johnson-Kroppy, Bill, hahaha!!!! all good competition. Well-almost all good competition. :P

Our first Race is September 21st-then one week off -then its every Sunday till the Champs are done. And Sat. practice days too on occasion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.