Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Thankfully, Xray is pretty tuff and rarely breaks parts. Recommend Front C hubs and possibly sterring blocks. If sticking with stock front outdrives, I'd grab an extra pair of those, but would also recommend changing out to ECS's with aluminum or steel outdirves when possible to enhance handling & durrablility. You won't be dissapointed with Xray and there is always plenty of help when it comes to setup assistance!
Sorry for my noob-ish question, ECS is the optional driveshaft, right?

Originally Posted by niznai
As above. Being in Germany you're never far from a well stocked Xray shop (and if in trouble, Vienna is a short drive away and they have the best RC shop ever, more like a factory shop with every part for every car ever to come out of Xray - only Xray). One thing I've noticed is front spool (plastic) outdrives tend to break especially in mod. Xray has a nice Aluminium version (pricey), but there's also some really nicely engineered outdrives (aluminum with nice steel polished steel pins using against the blades) coming from an italian company, so you've got some decent choice.
Thanks for your reply. The shop in Vienna, is it http://www.xray-shop.at/shop/ ?

Originally Posted by Sebbo
@ntc3freak: For Xray parts in Germany i highly recommend t2-Shop.de of Stefan Klein...best service, best prices and most parts on stock. I only broke an plastic Spool outdrive and a rear upright in 3 years on my T4's, so you won't need spare parts very often. It's a very strong and durable chassis. But it's always nice to have some when needed at the track...
Heyyyy, I know that shop! Haha I just ordered my T4 '15 from them last night. Got it in a bundle with LRP's battery. Where are you based, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit : Another question (sorry!). Which servo do you guys run? Is there any particular ones that are particularly recommended these days?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm based in Würzburg...not that far from your homebase Benztown!! I'm running a Sanwa SDX-801...a very nice servo for the price! No issues in 2 years with it.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sorry for my noob-ish question, ECS is the optional driveshaft, right?

Yes, you'll have several options (Xray and other manufacturers).
Old 04-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you're looking to get some rotation middle out, and you haven't tried ECS in the rear for a while, it's definitely worth another look. I ran them (RSD) in my car at Mile High (along with the marvelous Avid chassis) and finished 2nd in 13.5 and 17.5* with the same car. Great rotation and steering, probably the best I've ever felt on a rubber tire car, and super easy to drive. Full setup here.

* This is my home track. I've been working on this setup for a while.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Now the ecs in the rear seem pointless. I could see it providing a marginal benefit in the corners because it's more efficient when spinning. Could someone explain the physics or at least logic behind it?
Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

some quick questions.. i got the 2015 T4. will be running 17.5 TC blinky class. what would be the pinion option i should be running.

the motor will be fantom ion 3.

i think the list of parts i will be going with will be

front steering knuckles
set of arms
steering links..

anything else i should get?

spur gears? belts?

what is the hot speedo? Tekin? Orion? LRP?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Now the ecs in the rear seem pointless. I could see it providing a marginal benefit in the corners because it's more efficient when spinning. Could someone explain the physics or at least logic behind it?
It makes a huge difference in the feel of the car. It frees it up so much that most people don't like it because it can make cars feel broken. More than one manufacturer makes them specifically for the rear of their car. It's not a new idea.

To me, it frees the car up similarly to what you might get with ARS, except with a lot less sucking and inconsistency. I'll leave it to one of Tech's armchair physicists to explain why.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just wanted to shout out Art Scrimo for his T4 '15 instructional videos over on You Tube. Even for experienced guys like me, I was able to pickup a tip or two. Thanks Art! (Was it Umino who showed you the sway bar setup?)

Find his videos here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUr...Go6vUYexDEbFXw
Old 04-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Just wanted to shout out Art Scrimo for his T4 '15 instructional videos over on You Tube. Even for experienced guys like me, I was able to pickup a tip or two. Thanks Art! (Was it Umino who showed you the sway bar setup?)

Find his videos here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUr...Go6vUYexDEbFXw
Glad you like them... I will keep doing them as I find stuff to share. I actually got that tip from Corey who got it from Umino. If anyone has a video request let me know and I will do my best to address it.

P1 brand in the house!
Old 04-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Glad you like them... I will keep doing them as I find stuff to share. I actually got that tip from Corey who got it from Umino. If anyone has a video request let me know and I will do my best to address it.

P1 brand in the house!
I also really enjoyed the videos. Very helpful. Looking forward to new videos.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:19 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by artwork

P1 brand in the house!
Can we get a 5 minute video on your calves? Maybe if you're feeling generous you could even flex them?

Good videos for sure, definitely learned some things myself.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Can we get a 5 minute video on your calves? Maybe if you're feeling generous you could even flex them?
+1
Old 05-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone had sucses with the ars im just seeing complaints. Im asking cause im buying my car in this month gonna run 21.5t blinky and would like to hear your thoughts
Old 05-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 777Yoda777
Has anyone had sucses with the ars im just seeing complaints. Im asking cause im buying my car in this month gonna run 21.5t blinky and would like to hear your thoughts
Bruno Coelho was the fastest man at the Worlds and he drove the ARS.
This gives nothing to complain, Right.
Myself running the ARS from 1/2 december and almost got the track record and it works fine for me , but you have to understand the ARS as well as the other geometry of your car, you have to think about what you wont from it.
Nothing work immediately without try and error.
Hope this help you a bit.

Regards

Ed
Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eded1
Bruno Coelho was the fastest man at the Worlds and he drove the ARS.
This gives nothing to complain, Right.
Myself running the ARS from 1/2 december and almost got the track record and it works fine for me , but you have to understand the ARS as well as the other geometry of your car, you have to think about what you wont from it.
Nothing work immediately without try and error.
Hope this help you a bit.

Regards

Ed
He also had is steering rack upside down and his c-hubs on backwards...that dude is simply a great wheel. I think ARS might be good outside but on med/high bite carpet it does not work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.