Wiki Posts
Search

airtronics M8 or futaba 3pk

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Consider. . .

also the KO Helios EX-10. Everybody here swears that it is more balance than the M8 and 3PK. It just looks weird. And also recently, 3PK's are getting a lot of glitches here. Dunno why. As for my EX-10 I have not experience any glitch yet.
Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 06-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am a big guy ... I have big hands .. so when I went radio shopping last yea comfort was a big thing for me ... the best feeling radio I found was the M8 I had to do a little dremeling to get it so I could hit the brake adjustment easily and a little for y thumb on the top piece but thats just because I have huge bear paws for hands .... the best balanced that I have found is the M8 but hey this is just my .00002 opinion .. but I love mine and the ability to be totally crystalless is awesome ... I wont change unless a better balanced totaly crystalless radio comes out ... and I dont think thats going to happen for a while ... not without a huge price tag .... and I only have $300 my crystalless M8 ..

have fun racing

E
Old 06-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Consider. . .

Originally posted by lem2
also the KO Helios EX-10. Everybody here swears that it is more balance than the M8 and 3PK. It just looks weird. And also recently, 3PK's are getting a lot of glitches here. Dunno why. As for my EX-10 I have not experience any glitch yet.
Peace and Happy Racing!
that is the diffrences in quality between "made in Japan" and " Make in Taiwan"
Old 06-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default quality control

about 3pk's quality control, i hear that the newest version( black titanium version) is even worse than the gold version. some people said the circuit board is poor quality and glitches alot
Old 06-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll throw my 3PK cents in....I personally have'nt had any problems. Note: I'm running in PCM mode. FWIW
Old 06-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by andsetinn
Both radios are fine. I race with Futaba 3VC so I might be biased but I think the M8 uses more power, empties the batteries faster. It might be issue on long race days. I'm not sure how much power the 3PK uses.
the 3pk consumes relatively little power. i used to have 700s in my 3pk and it could last for one whole race day (3 heats and 3 mains, plus several bats for practice and trimming) sometimes, i even leave the radio on by accident. i upgraded to 2100s a couple of months ago and i have so far gone through three race days (with all the practice and leaving the radio on stuff) and i have yet to recharge my bats.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Peace and Happy Racing!
I notice also that most of the glitch are those radios using 75mhz both 3pk and M8. But on 40mhz mostly 3pk's. Hmmm. Knock on wood I use a M8 on 40mhz no glitch so far anywhere.

Both radios are great, for the M8 get a battery tray as it eats up the stock 700mah pack quite quick.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys,
I was just about to buy the m8 and i wondered if its kool to work with any servo? will it work with standard, FET, and digital?
Will it maximise digital servos like the Helios or the 3pk HRS will?

thanks
Old 06-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Peace and Happy Racing!
Yup I just bought the Helios too. Awesome radio, the menus are intuitive and easy to navigate through. The hard copy of the manual is what really puzzles you. You know what I mean if you've had a chance to read it.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Consider. . .

Originally posted by Silvercomet
Yup I just bought the Helios too. Awesome radio, the menus are intuitive and easy to navigate through. The hard copy of the manual is what really puzzles you. You know what I mean if you've had a chance to read it.
It can't be any worse than my Mars R manual.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Just an FYI. In July, Futaba is coming out with a synthesize module for the 3PK transmitter and synthesized receivers. However, I currently have a 3PK and am using it synthesized. A Hitec synthesizer module will work in a 3PK. I use the Hitec module and a Novak Xtra receiver.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool. I used the Hitec Lynx 3D Synth module in my Fut. 3PJS. Worked great with the Novak also. Can't wait to get Futaba's synth unit for my new 3PK. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
i can't remember when, either late june or july, Airtronics is coming out with their syn. module and receiver also.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default finally....

i was offered a great bargain, $150 for a rarely used m8 with lrp phaser receiver, either that or an almost brand new japanese version 3pk without receiver for the same price, so without hesitation i took the m8, considering all your input in this matter, also i feel reluctant to have to study all the multi layer menus that 3pk offers. i hope i made a wise choice.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: finally....

Originally posted by prodrive
i was offered a great bargain, $150 for a rarely used m8 with lrp phaser receiver, either that or an almost brand new japanese version 3pk without receiver for the same price, so without hesitation i took the m8, considering all your input in this matter, also i feel reluctant to have to study all the multi layer menus that 3pk offers. i hope i made a wise choice.
The M8 is probably the most popular radio built. You made a good choice and IMO, they all pretty much do the same thing and unless you're a seasoned pro, you wont notice a huge difference between brands of high end radios.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.