Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Just as a note, the 3racing Sakura gear diff should also fit in the rear of the 415. It comes with a 37 and 38t pulley in the packet, best of all it is about a third of the price of a spec-r diff and also less than a new set of balls and plates for the rear ball diff.

I will post pics when I fit it in my car.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Blueman

thanks for all the information on teh gear diff install and the part numbers required.

all went well and the car build with the gear diff was great

thanks again
Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mustangswan
Does anyone know if someone makes aluminum knuckles for a 415MSX?
Also is there a chart or how do you tell how much tow the "1A" or "1B" or "XA" pieces give you?
Thanks
I use alloy toe blocks up front with standard knuckles on my 415msxx.

It seems to hold up pretty well, but it depends how much and how hard you hit stuff...
Old 12-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chrisk
Blueman

thanks for all the information on teh gear diff install and the part numbers required.

all went well and the car build with the gear diff was great

thanks again
Nice to hear.

Yesterday i switched from the Spec R to the Tamiya Ver.2. Fits the same way, and the car runs Superb. Thumbs up !

Greetings Rainer
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

not sure where the best place to ask this, so I'll ask it in here.

I have an original 415 and its missing the full suspension (arms, blocks, shafts, knuckles, cvds) and I want to be able to race it again..i bought it this way, thinking someday i'd get all the parts to put it back together - now that I've got a TCS event in my backyard, the time has come Obiviously, I want to keep the thing TCS legal

what the best suspension to put on it? or is that chassis better off with the original TA04-based suspension?

I've been looking thru all the different revisions of the chassis (415, 415ms, 415msx, 415msxx) and am completely confusing myself

so i'm looking to you experts in here for some guidance. this isn't going to be my everyday racer - just the occassional RCGT and TCS racer

thanks!
kaybo
Old 02-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

K-bojar

a very easy fix:

all the arms that are available now for the 416 -417 series fit on the 415

you can but the short arm set
the front and rear c hubs
the front and rear spindles
front and rear shaft 42 rear 46 front
bearings to suit

somebody may have part numbers ready to go but i just dont have time ATM

and away you go, the blocks are the same

if you go http://www.thard.co.uk/415/415info.html you can find out all the info on teh 415 models
Old 02-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisk
K-bojar

a very easy fix:

all the arms that are available now for the 416 -417 series fit on the 415

you can but the short arm set
the front and rear c hubs
the front and rear spindles
front and rear shaft 42 rear 46 front
bearings to suit

somebody may have part numbers ready to go but i just dont have time ATM

and away you go, the blocks are the same

if you go http://www.thard.co.uk/415/415info.html you can find out all the info on teh 415 models
Actually, I revised the site a while back, worth looking in the main forum now, as I've added all the info there.

Tips, tricks and useful stuff

Setups

In terms of the suspension... TAM54083 is the short arm kit, then you just need to supply is the dogbones, driveshaft blades (if needed), and turnbuckles.

For those parts, I'd recommend the 46mm shafts 51092, which are steel, and don't bend.
Blades, not sure if needed as it depends on the diff in the car, but can get them in 53890.
Turnbuckles... any of a suitable length.

HiH
Ed
Old 02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

thanks for all the info guys - ed, the stuff you have posted on your site is incredible...

however, just reading thru all that, still leaves me lost I actually had one of the lightweight reversible arm sets way back when on my surikarn evo3

will i be at any loss (or more of a loss), if I just put the original suspension parts back on? obiviously, I'd wanna get some suspension blocks to adjust toe-in and stuff, but will the car really be lacking that much if I don't go the reversible suspension route?

also, any ideas of a part number for the front sway bars for this car? i've looked thru the manuals, and they all are a funky 9-digit number
Old 02-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
thanks for all the info guys - ed, the stuff you have posted on your site is incredible...

however, just reading thru all that, still leaves me lost I actually had one of the lightweight reversible arm sets way back when on my surikarn evo3

will i be at any loss (or more of a loss), if I just put the original suspension parts back on? obiviously, I'd wanna get some suspension blocks to adjust toe-in and stuff, but will the car really be lacking that much if I don't go the reversible suspension route?

also, any ideas of a part number for the front sway bars for this car? i've looked thru the manuals, and they all are a funky 9-digit number
If your using a one way upfront, you'll be fine with the old suspension. If your using a spool or diff upfront you'll gain a lot more steering with the short arm light weight system. If you rarely race, then don't worry about what suspension you have and just learn how to get around the track. The old suspension is way stronger against crashes.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
If your using a one way upfront, you'll be fine with the old suspension. If your using a spool or diff upfront you'll gain a lot more steering with the short arm light weight system. If you rarely race, then don't worry about what suspension you have and just learn how to get around the track. The old suspension is way stronger against crashes.
its not that i rarely race, this car will rarely be used (2-3 times a year, max) - just at TCS events mainly

I know how much stronger the old suspension is - I ran it on my TA04R, didn't like the lightweight stuff back then, at least on my evo3 (broke arms with the simplest of taps)...I used to like my 04R with center oneway, and front diff - i had all the options for the 04R, kind of wish i didn't get rid of it (well, that and the 414m2 i had )

just trying to figure out if its cost effective to rebuild this car, or just get something new
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

@ k_bojar - ive raced a trf415msxx for quite a few seasons.

Never snapped a wishbone but got through quite a few front hubs and arms.

the ta05 ive got with the regular suspension has not broken anything. It is a tank

I think fwiw, just go for the regular suspension unless you are really hit up about the weight difference. Should be cheaper too, price it up.

I can't imagine it being too different in weight...
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc3team
@ k_bojar - ive raced a trf415msxx for quite a few seasons.

Never snapped a wishbone but got through quite a few front hubs and arms.

the ta05 ive got with the regular suspension has not broken anything. It is a tank

I think fwiw, just go for the regular suspension unless you are really hit up about the weight difference. Should be cheaper too, price it up.

I can't imagine it being too different in weight...
i had a ta05, another car i shouldn't have sold

I was in the process of pricing it all out - well, pricing the parts thru ebay, not counting bearings/screws/turnbuckles/misc stuff like that - I'm sitting at $250

I can get a ta05v2 for the same price WITH a TCS legal body - or drop the other $60 and get the TA05 V2r

glad i wanted to get back into TCS racing cheap
Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i had a ta05, another car i shouldn't have sold

I was in the process of pricing it all out - well, pricing the parts thru ebay, not counting bearings/screws/turnbuckles/misc stuff like that - I'm sitting at $250

I can get a ta05v2 for the same price WITH a TCS legal body - or drop the other $60 and get the TA05 V2r

glad i wanted to get back into TCS racing cheap
The '05 are good cars for the money!

Ouch... Would a second hand ta05 roller not have everything you need? ok, it wouldnt have the bling turnbuckles but that wont matter.

Might be an option.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc3team
The '05 are good cars for the money!

Ouch... Would a second hand ta05 roller not have everything you need? ok, it wouldnt have the bling turnbuckles but that wont matter.

Might be an option.
oh i have no problem with a 2nd hand car most every car I've own has been 2nd hand

not into the bling aspect of the cars - just want something that would be race ready without dumping a boatload of $$ into it

I still got some time to mull over my options - but it looks like getting the 415 ready, is long shot
Old 02-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

I'm after a TRF415 lower deck (Used is fine) if anyone has one spare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.