Most use these rules for the classes listed
Old 03-25-2020, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayL
ROAR Racing
open the rulebook

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am R/C Racing Series
Most use these rules for the classes listed

That should just about cover it, right there...
Old 03-25-2020, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looks like a good read. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

GT 12 is not listed in ROAR classes but it is growing quickly. Basically 1/12th chassis, Any GT body, 21.5 motor,Spec stripe tires and 1 cell.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Don't forget about IFMAR - https://www.ifmar.org/rules/
Old 04-01-2020, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GT12 does not follow that in Europe, chassis are simpler and rear tyres are as wide as front.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

As they say go race in Europe. This is the way we race this class in the USA. We don't always follow what they do over there. It was one of the biggest classes at the birds (with racers from all over the world racing in the class). Nobody complained about the rules and class specs we used. It has been very successful here in Florida and is growing around the country. It has brought back racers that have long been gone from RC back to racing. After this C19 we will need all the racers we can get back to support what tracks are left.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

GT12 13.5 1S in Europe is slow enough, no idea why you would want to put a 21.5 in them, makes the cost far higher as electrics more important due to the slow speed compared to tons of grip. Ok with a handout motor I guess but still means new lipos all the time.
Joe Maxey and Racermac73 like this.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

We've been racing this class for several years here in the USA. As they said you don't have to race the class.What costs in electronics- esc???You can spend as much as you want to to have fun regardless of class. This way the class was started in Florida in the USA and it has brought drivers back into the hobby It was growing until now(C19).If your talking expensive this is one of the cheapest class you can race.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Good that the class is well supported over there. In the UK it started off well as a cheap "lmp" class but then costs spiraled as the cars have so much grip for the low power that to be competitive meant having the latest 13.5 motor, frequent new lipos etc was required and people eventually got fed up and numbers dropped. It still runs now with reasonable levels but not the same as a couple of years ago. They should have locked it down to a small list of motors etc like with some other classes. Perhaps the issue in the UK was that a lot of LMP drivers did GT12 as well as the speeds weren't that much different, at least with 21.5 there is a much bigger gap so less likely to attract faster LMP people.

Just hope that racing can start up again soon regardless what class people like to run in!
Old 04-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

You have forgotten several thing. This is a Hobby. You can spend as much as you want to on equipment. but your driving skill makes the difference most of the time. Having handout motors is not the answer been there and done that. I competed against drivers with all sorts of motors ,even by my same motor sponsor and have been beaten. Still when we could I'd be back next weekend to see if I could be better. I enjoy racing against my friends and having bragging right for a week on the phone. Trophy's I have a room full and don't need any more. If you were local I'd give you some. Like I said this class has brought back many old drivers to the hobby again. Pan cars are simple - easy to work on and FUN. TC is to much work- just look in the pits and see all these people constantly working on their cars. Then compair it to the pan cars guys. We will need everyone to come back to our Hobby as soon as the C19 is gone. - Tired of painting new bodies and working on cars on the bench. Just have fun and stay safe.
davidl and Juniorabca like this.