Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree306Likes

Kyosho MP10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

what do you guys think of the mp10, My son doesn't get the right feeling in the car and is fighting to get the car prepared for astro tracks.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m.velder
Hello,

what do you guys think of the mp10, My son doesn't get the right feeling in the car and is fighting to get the car prepared for astro tracks.
We love the car so far
Old 06-30-2019, 10:46 PM
am
Tech Master

We are struggeling on some tracks. Not enough rear end grip and since we need to run long upper- links front and rear, bumpy tracks with ruts and edges is not so good. This car reminds me of the MP777 witch was not so good.
30Tooth likes this.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Suspended

kanai has been posting setups on FB, suggest trying some... We actually ran our tki3 a week ago, still on same pace as with other cars we run.
at club level the tki3 is still probably the best car, we've been running less rear toe with orange springs in rear with shocks leaned over a bit.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm surprised some people say the mp10 is worse. I think it has all the stability of the mp9 but is more responsive and has more steering. That's what the old car needed in my opinion.
carpet Carlos likes this.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baumel
I'm surprised some people say the mp10 is worse. I think it has all the stability of the mp9 but is more responsive and has more steering. That's what the old car needed in my opinion.
Exactly what I was thinking. The old car was good no doubt but it needed refined.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
We are struggeling on some tracks. Not enough rear end grip and since we need to run long upper- links front and rear, bumpy tracks with ruts and edges is not so good. This car reminds me of the MP777 witch was not so good.
Im curious what's your set up ? Mine is pretty darn good on everything I put into on so far
Old 07-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baumel
I agree. More steering and rear end is more predictable when it does slide. Seems a little more stable accelerating in general.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:26 PM
am
Tech Master

It is better on high grip tracks than the mp9. But, on blown out low grip tracks with ruts and edges, this car looses rear grip to fast and you loose control and spins out. It just slides to much on power even with as low as 4000 in the center diff. Yes, the car is more stable if you can be "on the gas", but when a track blows out, you need a different drivingstyle. If you hit the gas on bumps the car gets unsetteled, bumps araound and slides out. What happens is that you do not have the weight transfer rearwards and you have a problem with rear end grip.

We have a bit of work to do on the shockpistons also. We run 5x1,6 rear and 5x1,5 front. I have tried this on a high grip astro track and it gave more steering than the 1,3x8 so we need to go back to 1.3mm pistons.
We need to run long upper links to get the stability in the car. What happends then is that you have to little camber gain and the car handels ruts, bumps and loose tracks worse.

If some one knows what other diffs can fit the car, i am looking to go underdrive at the rear end.

I am amazed to see that someone think you can throw a pro setup on a car and make it work on your track....
There is a reason pros do not like this car so much. Must be first time ever a Kyosho have not been in a US nats finale since the 90`s
Morpheus1289 likes this.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

My two cents for bumpy tracks and a less than solid rear end I consider the following:
go lighter rear spring: blue to orange. I’d also change the front to grey to blue to keep the balance.
lighter rear sway bar or remove it. I’d also consider lighter/remove front sway bar too depending on how bad the track is.
reduce the rear toe in to the minimum. If the car is bouncing and pitching then 3.5 degree toe on one side without the countering 3.5 on the other side, it’s going to steer the rear.
lay the rear shocks down if not getting enough compliance from the arms
lighter rear shock oils. Again the idea is the unsprung weight is to take the bump not the whole buggy.
banana rt and Morpheus1289 like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
First time posting here in the forum.
I've just finished putting together MP10(painted body less)--so much fun building the kit.
Since I don't have any paints/supplies or ideas for good paint job, I'm trying to get a body from a RTR kit.
I wonder if a body from the TKI3, TKI4 or any other will fit MP10.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
-Ken
Old 07-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chro
Hi,
First time posting here in the forum.
I've just finished putting together MP10(painted body less)--so much fun building the kit.
Since I don't have any paints/supplies or ideas for good paint job, I'm trying to get a body from a RTR kit.
I wonder if a body from the TKI3, TKI4 or any other will fit MP10.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
-Ken
tki3 bodies definitely fit. The engine sits slightly further forward so watch when you cut out the engine hole. It is only a couple of mm difference.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Awesome Thank you again!
Old 07-14-2019, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Congrats to Riccardo Berton and Kyosho winning the Euros. Was he driving mp10 ? Did they have the electric class ?
Old 07-14-2019, 12:38 AM
Suspended

yes, MP10. the best thing is having Cody king back running, he will be able to provide some very good average joe setups like he did with the mp9 platform.
MikaR likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.