Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHistory
So here's what I've been working on i the shop. Spent some time going over the two kits and by now I see what has and has not changed between the GT Due and GT Due EVO. I will go into more detail over on the WRC thread, but here are a few picks of my setup. Having built both cars I decided to build one car starting with the EVO platform and using some of the features from my previous car. So, here is The Blender

-Jason
so many cool things hah sweet
not even going to bother to point out all the neat stuff
Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Dude!
Im having fun playing with the car. Hope others will keep posting pics of their 2014 Pans.

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
so many cool things hah sweet
not even going to bother to point out all the neat stuff
Old 04-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Track time

Got in some laps yesterday with my 4wd pan. Track was dirty and seemed as if I were drifting. Never shifted but seemed fast. Way to dirty to learn anything about a 2wd pan. Looking forward to racing with focus on 2wd pan.
Thanks Jason for the fun pictures you posted, neat that you're playing around with the car. Your posting on the other thread on parts comparing could have saved me some time, but I had to take the time to check just to make sure you knew what you were talking about. So this time you did. LOL
Old 04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Lon you should always trust me...except when we're racin'

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Got in some laps yesterday with my 4wd pan. Track was dirty and seemed as if I were drifting. Never shifted but seemed fast. Way to dirty to learn anything about a 2wd pan. Looking forward to racing with focus on 2wd pan.
Thanks Jason for the fun pictures you posted, neat that you're playing around with the car. Your posting on the other thread on parts comparing could have saved me some time, but I had to take the time to check just to make sure you knew what you were talking about. So this time you did. LOL
Old 05-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Old 05-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Lon Gary here sent you email about taking those diff gears for my car sent you email, with my address. Sent Jason 3 emails haven't gotten any replies back if cant get your gears will park my car for year run 4 wd Mugen car . cant satand not get tech question back we all no what happen with Garen. Gary
Old 05-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default SORRY!

Originally Posted by gary47
Hi Lon Gary here sent you email about taking those diff gears for my car sent you email, with my address. Sent Jason 3 emails haven't gotten any replies back if cant get your gears will park my car for year run 4 wd Mugen car . cant satand not get tech question back we all no what happen with Garen. Gary
Gears are on the way. Sorry, but I haven't been online for a few days.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default LON BURLING

:nod : Lon got diff gears buddy thank bunch true gentleman of sport R/C car racing. Hope can keep car together and finish main , been long time going on year bad luck or stupid driving: blush:. Look forward see you guys in Portage in about week then have gears or money your choice:
Old 06-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default Portage

Great to see you again! Wish I had given you a better race, but that's what I have Grandkids for. We're looking forward to Racine!

Let's Race Some More!!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Great to see you again! Wish I had given you a better race, but that's what I have Grandkids for. We're looking forward to Racine!

Let's Race Some More!!
You did fine Lon need a anchor on grand ids to fast
Old 06-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default WRC

Lon you have trouble with clutch bell bearings , mine fell apart after 2 races glad have spares need check before each main from now on. Also front pivot plate screws loosened up with lock tight on them? Other than that have blast from past so far . GMAN
Old 06-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default no

Gary,

The clutch bearing in the WRC and Motonica are the same,they live a much longer life then thrust bearings in a Centex clutch. However,when I go into the clutch for anything, I give em a drop of oil. If the clutch is slipping,they do get hot.

The front pivot balls have loosened up in the past, but not a big problem. Check part 00109 to make sure threads don't bottom out before clamping down hard on chassis. Part 00158 seem to be a high wear point, so keep an eye on them.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Im happy to say we now have the pan class up and running in New York with our first run in the Absolute Hobbyz Race at Port Jervis this past week. The class is quickly growing and we will soon have a full field of cars. And we are looking to bring the crew to the upcoming GLC Event. Its going to be a blast in Toledo for my birthday! Irwin RC is also proud to be a major sponsor at this years Great Lakes Challenge. What a track for the pan Class...

Absolute Hobbyz Podium: Jaime Colon, Jason Irwin, Thomas Yuppa
Old 06-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Gary,

The clutch bearing in the WRC and Motonica are the same,they live a much longer life then thrust bearings in a Centex clutch. However,when I go into the clutch for anything, I give em a drop of oil. If the clutch is slipping,they do get hot.
A wise bird pointed out to me that all the standard bearings found in current cars use rubber shields. This is fine in most ares of the chassis, but the clutch bearings get very hot and cause the shields to loosen and fall out. When its time to replace clutch bearings, buy standard metal shield bearings. These should hold up very well if they are oiled regularly as Lon suggested.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

avidrc has metal shield bearings for a buck a pop...
think I spent 40 bucks last order and got free shipping too...
www.avidrc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.